Notices

Class of July 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-03-2021, 12:20 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning everyone x
good job janine on 12 days hun x
i ended up in bed early as im still feeling sick, which i think is the cold i have, which my gson gave me while down there lol. so i just read and went to bed.

im on start of day 2 which as i said im feeling rough still this morn, is try to some small things and pull myself together lol. i have a couple of things to watch today, which not sure if i will be awake at 8pm for the football, but got grandprix at 2pm. we have blue skies here, so really i should sort out the garden a little and water them, will see how i feel later this morn x

as usual good to see peoples posts on how ur getting on, again i will keep close to the forum x
have good morning or where ever u are xx

welcome pixie x
Old 07-03-2021, 12:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning everyone and Happy Sober Saturday

Welcome Pixie

Great to see so many familiar faces-boondock, someday, erratic, Janine, countrystix.

Phil-great post and advice, thank you.

Enjoy the sun Erratic-cloudy skies here

Hope you all in the USA have a fabulous sober holiday weekend

Day 28 for me. Been away for a few days so got a day of pottering about and sorting stuff out plus reading my new book 'quit like a woman' Will let you know what it is like.

Take care everyone
RAL
Old 07-03-2021, 01:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 3 for me now. I will not drink today.
Its so great to waken up with no hangover. A blessing. I am so gratteful for it, it just gives me such a positive feeling for the rest of the day.
Not sure what my plans are but I need to start work on my back yard which is like a jungle this year since I've been drunk for the last 3 months and have literally not been bothered to do any work in it. I mean who wants to work in their garden when they can be working on passing out on the sofa after 2 bottles of wine? Insanity. Not any more. So lots for me to do outside

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 07-03-2021, 01:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
RAL

Congrats on day 3 Phil
I always think there is something extra special about waking up sober on a Saturday too. Hope your yard work goes well
Old 07-03-2021, 05:06 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday folks,
Hurricane approaching which always gets the juices flowing. I'm going to wait a couple of days before I put the shutters up to see what happens, because there kind of a pain in the you know what. I hope everyone is doing good this morning and hanging tough in their early sobriety. I might mow the yard this morning while it's still kind of cool out, the key word here being "might" lol.....Hey, why do today what you can do tomorrow right? hahaha just kidding...I'm gonna do it no procrastinating here not today anyway. Well, that's it for now I'm sure I'll be posting through out the day. I'm happy that all the July folks made the decision to change their life and drop the booze for better horizons.....Stay sober my friends it's good for you!!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I'm Karen and this is not my first class by any means. July 1 was my most recent day one. I am working on day 3. I had about 9 months and then relapsed early this year. I'm grateful to have another chance. I think the last time nearly killed me, honestly. I still don't feel great.
I'm going to an AA meeting in a few hours then keeping my grandson for the night. I will be going to bed sober. Tomorrow will be better. For all of us I hope.
Old 07-03-2021, 06:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning, my sober compatriots!

The holiday weekend has started with some needed rain. My garden will appreciate it. It's suffered much neglect in the past couple of years. I love to work in the yard & my garden beds but lost a love of anything except alcohol over time. If the sun show's itself tomorrow, I will go outside & pull weeds. It's a start.

I slept a bit better last night, but still up every 2 hours for the restroom. I drink so much water now... it's like I've been dehydrated for 30+ years. Ha! I suppose I have been. My face looks less puffy & my tiny self is gaining weight. Food tastes good! Like my tastebuds have woken up after hibernation. Starting today I will try to consume less sugar, might help with sleep.

On the way home from work yesterday I was in traffic near an electronic billboard. I watched 4 ads before we began moving. Three of them were for different types of alcohol. Hard iced tea, hard seltzer & vodka. Pissed me off. It didn't tempt me but made me think how it's constantly thrown in our face & that of our kids. Drinking is fun, have a great time when you buy this or that brand!

That reminds me... next Friday I will be attending my cousin's wedding with my dad. Honestly, don't wanna go, but I missed his 1st wedding almost 30 years ago & really want to see family I've not seen in decades. Here's my plan... We take 2 cars. I attend the nuptials. If cocktail hour is too much for me, I leave, walk, smoke... come back for dinner & then go home right afterwards. I think it's too soon for me to be around people getting trashed, right? What are your thoughts?

Hope you all have a brilliantly sober Saturday. Thanks for the continued support. ❤
Old 07-03-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Julys! Make this the month that changes your lives for the better, forever!
Old 07-03-2021, 07:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome Pixie and Karen.

Congrats on 28 days RAL!

I hope things are getting better Phil and Erratic as you get past the first couple / few days.

Janine - having an exit plan sounds like a really good idea at this time. My personal history is it would be a difficult situation for me to be in. I'm working on my garden today too. I have to process fully grown kale, cabbage, and snow peas today so I don't lose them.

Boondock - stay safe. I was in FL during Irma and didn't evacuate. It was pretty scary just waiting it out. And yes, those shutters are a pain in the a$$!

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:32 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
RAL

Hi everyone
Thanks countrystix-hope you are doing ok

Boondock-hope the hurricane isn't a bad one.

Janine-I honestly wouldn't go. too much temptation, too much booze flowing, pressure from others, feeling like should join in etc. Especially as you don't really want to go. It really is ok, necessary even, to say no to things to look after ourselves.

Welcome back Karen, good to see you again.

Not much to report. Stilll really tired. Binged on netflix all day. bed soon. goodnight all
RAL
Old 07-03-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Netflix and chill RAL...I love doing that
Yeah Janine your AV is going to be working double time at a wedding.
I hope everyone is hanging in there today!!
Old 07-03-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
RAL

yes I'm getting a bit addicted to Netflix boondock!! been watching loads of true crime and now starting on the mystery dramas!
Old 07-03-2021, 03:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=RAL;7661460]

Janine-I honestly wouldn't go. too much temptation, too much booze flowing, pressure from others, feeling like should join in etc. Especially as you don't really want to go. It really is ok, necessary even, to say no to things to look after ourselves.

I'm with Ral on this Janine but obviously you know best what you can handle. If you think there's any danger at all I wouldn't go though, your sobriety must come first or there won't be anything else anyway. I've also heard of people wanting to face things like that in early sobriety thinking it would be an achievement only to end up drinking. Our minds are devious especially early on.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

End of day 3, going to bed sober. Tomorrows another day, one day at a time.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Back to day 1, I gave in to the voice on Friday, man it's sneaky, it just sits there waiting behind the thoughts for the opportune moment and then bam!!
Oh well, time to start again..
Old 07-03-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

One day at a time Phil congrats on 3 days!!
Well Red, you can't change it...what are you going to do different this time?
Old 07-03-2021, 05:24 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Back at day 1, feeling a bit rough, but have felt way worse before and everyday will get better. I started my new job last month and s started drinking again shortly after, doesnt help that there is a liquor store next door lol. Glad to see new people joining up for July and , of course, old faces! I'm going to keep moving forward and eventually I'll Get it right. Can't wait to go through this journey with all of you.
Old 07-03-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back BTG and red.
Have you guys thought about what you might do differently this time?

D
Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=someday147;7661484]
Originally Posted by RAL View Post

I'm with Ral on this Janine but obviously you know best what you can handle. If you think there's any danger at all I wouldn't go though, your sobriety must come first or there won't be anything else anyway. I've also heard of people wanting to face things like that in early sobriety thinking it would be an achievement only to end up drinking. Our minds are devious especially early on.
Thanks all, for the advice & wise words. I still have a few days to think & make up my mind on whether to attend the wedding.

It's been a hard Day 13. Got some stressful news about my nephew & immediately had to battle an immense craving. Wound up talking to my neighbor & petting her dog. It calmed me, considerably. However, all day I just wanted to down the usual 1/2 gallon (1.7 liters) of box Chardonney. Then I had this thought... "Holy cow! You drank over 2.5 GALLONS of wine per week!!! 🤯😟😳 For many, many years. And you're still alive." So I walked into the house & ate a healthy nut & seed bar & checked all of your great posts while drinking a Vitamin Water laced with a powdered magnesium supplement.

This is hard work filled with emotional trauma. Much harder than I feared for years. But, I'm worth it. We all are. 👍

Hey Boondock, what is AV?🤪

Old 07-03-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The AV is your addicted voice.. The voice in your head that is trying to make you drink, its gives all the reasons why it's ok to have just 1 drink..