Notices

Class of May 2020 part 14

Old 06-03-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

With you all day dear TC. You got this. s ❤️❤️
Old 06-03-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I can't wait to hear how it goes, TC. I'm hoping it's all good, and I'm sending you positive vibes!
I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:25 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Karen love s ❤️
Old 06-03-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I hope it all goes well TC. Let us know how you go
Old 06-03-2021, 03:24 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Free.

Day was good. Meetings went ok.
Will sleep well tonight.

Have a good, sober, day all.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 06-04-2021, 09:11 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Free.

Got some test results back from the doc just recently. My liver numbers are half way down from what they were a month ago, so, good news there.
Meetings with supervisors were good, I owned my part of things, made my apologies, tried to be genuine. It was well received, and onward we go.

I hope everyone is doing well. Our thread gets pretty quiet on the weekends.

Have a good, safe, sober time.

Old 06-05-2021, 12:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear your good news TC

D
Old 06-05-2021, 03:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
nmd

Good news and good news, that's great TC! We're definitely thinning out a bit and half of the class is in both the 2020 and 2021 May class, but I'm glad we're all still here

I'm planning on finishing up the tilling of my garden today and getting my veggies and pumpkins in the ground. They've been sitting outside hardening off so should be ready for full sun. A little recent rain softened up the ground for me as well

A lot going on with the kids, they're getting older but can still be a handful and have their own issues/needs. Crazy to think how close to college/being adults they are.

Have a good one guys!

Old 06-05-2021, 08:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Free.

Mornin’.
Thanks Dee and nmd.
Your gardening sounds enjoyable nmd. I’ve considered putting in some rutabagas and peas. I’d like to get more fruit and berry plants in the yard as well.

Have a good Saturday all.

Old 06-06-2021, 01:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good to hear it went well TC, and your blood results are better too, fantastic!

I had a lovely peaceful weekend camping. Day 21 today and off to bed soon zzzz
Old 06-06-2021, 02:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Willow - hope everyones weekend is good

D
Old 06-06-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
nmd

congrats on 21days Willow and glad you enjoyed camping!

pumpkin patch is done. hit a wall of exhaustion yesterday and took a nap, but the rest, peppers tomatos and herbs, are going in today.

TC, I've grown turnips before which I think are like rutabegas, I just find I don't like them a whole lot. I probably need to retry them with the right recipes. Beets are a fantastic root crop (IMO) but the rabbits and deer also share my opinion. Depending on the plant I have to fence things or use deer and rabbit repellant. If I put in peas, I'd definitely need to protect them. My potatoes went in last week. Our soil is pretty heavy with clay so I save up amazon and other shipping boxes over winter, mix together a blend of compost and old potting mix and soil to use them as a sort of cheapskate raised bed. Worked well last year and I saved old spuds as seed potatoes. I get a lot of rhubarb and elderberries every year and have some sour cherries that started producing last year and are looking good. It's definitely a fun and time consuming hobby.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:03 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Free.

9:48 a.m. Good morning.

nmd: yes, it’s a lot of work. A relative used straw (wheat straw, I think) to help with her heavy clay soils. I’m not sure how well it worked, but her strawberries were big and delicious.
The wife and I used chicken manure from and old coop for our garden. We had great cabbage and tomatoes.The root veggies did better on the second year, I think ammonia was a bit strong initially.
My cousin has NorthBattleford cherries. They are nice sized, fairly sour, and prolific. Even the suckered plants produce fruit, which, I’m not sure it typical.

My aunts and Mom are avid gardeners, I don’t know much, but maybe have picked up a couple of things vicariously.
Rutabagas are purple and white. I eat them fresh, peeled, with a bit of salt. Delicious!!

Relaxation is a top priority today.

Have a nice day folks!!

Old 06-06-2021, 11:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Great news about your job TC!
I think all of us are into gardening. Do you garden Willow? I know WL isn't into it.
I'm in an apartment now, as you all probably know, but I'm still gardening. I have two big tomato plants full of tomatoes. They're in pots. The rest is all flowers and plants now. I'm still looking for the Meyer Lemon Tree which will go in a huge pot. Gardening and Charley have been lifesavers for me. Charley got a bath and haircut yesterday and is so cute! He's pouting, but he'll come around, especially when all the college kids (I live right off campus) notice and make a big deal of him, which they will.
I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I slept almost all day yesterday and have slept a lot of today. I can't seem to shake the depression, though I shouldn't say that, I should just say I haven't shaken it off yet. It's right around the corner, I am sure.
I wonder how Coz and Hope are doing?
Hugs to you all.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Free.

I hope Charley gets used to his new look soon.
Hopefully your mood becomes brighter Karen. It’s tough being clouded in by depression.

Sunshine, fruit juice, and abstinence are the three big things that help keep the skies clear for me.

ciao!

Old 06-06-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hugs Karen I’m very familiar with depression, I hope it goes away soon.
Like TC said, sunshine, juice and abstinence help me too. Plus regular exercise, even just a gentle walk each day.

We have to protect our veggie garden from everything here. Grubs and giant north Qld insects annihilate the leafy greens, and possums eat the rest. Or wallabies, roos and rabbits depending on where we are living. The sun is pretty intense too, so green houses with mesh wire covered in shade cloth are the go. At the moment we only have a variety of herbs and chillis growing.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:43 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
9:48 a.m. Good morning.
Rutabagas are purple and white. I eat them fresh, peeled, with a bit of salt. Delicious!!
Never occurred to me to eat them raw, that's how I like radishes. I'll have to give them a try. I've found I like my asparagus from the garden raw better too. Crisp and fresh. So much better than over cooked out of season stuff.

Good to see you Karen! I have meyer lemon plants I started from seed a couple years ago, probably only another 5 years before I get fruit. :-D finding one at a garden center is probably the way to go

Old 06-07-2021, 06:28 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Free.

Good day friends.
It is day 39 for me. I feel well. Have been staying up later though. My bedtime has changed from 10p.m. to midnight for some reason.

I’ll be working shoulder to shoulder with the bossman a bit this morning. Could be interesting.
I’ll keep an open mind about things. (haven’t seen the man do any actual physical work in about 3 years, I’ll have to go easy on him )

Have a good day all!!

Old 06-07-2021, 05:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Free.

Had some good eats. Took some vitamins. Having a big glass of juice.
Should turn out just fine, this evening.

G’night.