SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 81 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/453687-one-year-over-part-81-a.html)

Dee74 05-07-2021 05:43 AM

One Year & Over Part 81

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-80-a-20.html

D

Bekindalways 05-07-2021 06:18 AM

A brand new shiny thread and I get shot gun. Welcome to the new thread everyone. May we fill it with hopes, dreams, and lots of support for each other.

I'm up out of bed but not quite at 'em. I dreamed I had a glass of wine last night and in the dream wondered if I could still post here with the Overs. Our subconscious is a weird and wild place.

This is my last day of sorting and packing before the movers come tomorrow.

Have a good one all.

venuscat 05-07-2021 06:19 AM

You too dear Bekind :) :hug: s 💛

Mags1 05-07-2021 09:45 PM

Good Morning Overs

Thanks Dee :thanks

Bekind, I hope all goes well with the move. :) Congrats on shotgun :yup:

It’s a windy and dull morning here, hopefully it will brighten up later.

Have a good Saturday my friends. Be safe. xxxx

Treerat66 05-07-2021 11:17 PM

Good morning Overs.
The wet and windy appears to be country wide, Mags. :umbrella::abca:
:winter9
Have a good day everyone.

tootsl1 05-08-2021 12:55 AM

Hope the move goes monthly Bekind, I guess it will be good to have much of the upheaval behind you.

All good in Tootsville, due to be wet and windy later with temps feeling like 3C so may cancel the golf

Billymacintosh 05-08-2021 01:11 AM

Morning Overs :dance1:
We are beset with wet and windy weather in Sunny Poole also so the dog walk is on hold at present. No crazy golf for me! 🤣
Loads of shifts at work at present so I haven't posted so much but will try to check in more. Glad everyone seems well.
Bekind, I get the occasional drinking dream too, I'm always glad to wake up and find it's not true!
Have a great day everyone
Love Billy x

PhoenixJ 05-08-2021 02:23 AM

Went to my homegroup meeting, I forgot to feel bad about myself for whole minutes. The tiny destructive voice in my head informs me feeling so negatively about myself is justifiable punishment for the drinking years of pain I gave my family. Just need to suck it up and keep moving forward.

Billymacintosh 05-08-2021 03:28 AM

Ah Phoenix I feel so sorry that this voice is nagging away at you, it doesn't seem to matter how much others tell you does it? I always told myself, it's what I think that counts which meant I discounted all the positives coming my way from others.
I hope homegroup keeps helping

I really love this bit from 'Desiderata

'You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should'

It really resonates with me, you have value and are no doubt valued, we value you

Love Billy x

Canadian Koala 05-08-2021 03:35 AM

Hello Overs!

Have a good weekend! ☼

FBL 05-08-2021 04:19 AM

PJ :grouphug: Tell that voice to shut the hell up once and for all!

This morning I hit my original "target" weight of 220. This is about what I weighed when I graduated from college in 1988! I still can't believe how fast the weight has dropped off. I truly feel like a new man these days. According to the BMI chart, I've now officially moved from obese to overweight!!!

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!

tootsl1 05-08-2021 05:27 AM

Nicely put Billy!

Peej, you have made recompense for your past deeds. Maybe not to those you hurt - that is not always possible and we have to bear the hurt of the pain we caused as a reminder never to go there again - but you have paid forward in your care for others trying to walk the sober path. If you had not gone down the way of addiction, you would never have been in recover to reach those souls you have helped. We shouldn't forget the pain we have caused others, but neither should we allow it to prevent us from moving forward in life positively and with gratitude that we have been given a new start. I feel that by listening to the negative voice you could be refusing to fully appreciate the life you have been granted now.

Saskia 05-08-2021 07:39 AM

PJ, what Toots said!

Bekind, endings can be so bittersweet. Good that you will be finished with the packing but it does represent the end of a stage with your dad :hug:

Billy, love that quote!

FBL, congrats! That is a very big accomplishment :c011:

Hi CK, Purps, Mags, SG, Andy, Dee, SE and everyone :grouphug:

Thanks for the new thread,Dee!

PhoenixJ 05-08-2021 09:05 AM

Thank you for the wise words Billy and all. There is a lag between thoughts and emotions.

Well done FBL.

Mags1 05-08-2021 10:30 PM

Good Morning Overs

FBL, great news :c011:

A wet and dull Sunday morning for @ change. Wonder if th3 sun has packed up and gone on her holidays. :dunno;

Going for lunch at a family friend today with Hubby, Mil and myself. It’ll be a nice change not to took. I bought desserts after speaking to the host.

Have a good Sunday my friends. Be safe xxxx

Treerat66 05-08-2021 11:17 PM

Good morning Overs.
DD going back to university today. She has three practicals over two weeks and then exams.
:winter9
Have a good day everyone.

Mags1 05-09-2021 12:02 AM

Great news Andy. She has a busy time ahead of her. :)

tootsl1 05-09-2021 12:55 AM

Hope DDs exams go well Andy

Enjoy your relaxing Sunday Mags

Hows the finger now Sass?

Have a Super Sunday everyone

Saskia 05-09-2021 03:09 AM

Hi all!

Toots, finger improving. Still can’t bend it all the way and signature still looks like a 5-year-old’s but then it could be much worse. I feel fortunate. I have started on regular exercises (yoga) to improve my balance and reduce my back pain. Something I didn’t realize until just now - never once during all this did I have any drinking wishes!

Happy Mother’s’ Day to all who are mothers and celebrate!

Have a relaxing and enjoyable day :grouphug:

Bekindalways 05-09-2021 06:14 AM

Good morning all,

I drove a u-haul up into the mountains last night. It was wonderful to be back in the mountains. I'm slept over at friends last night and will drive to my Dad's house today.

The packing went well lots of tears and laughter. There is still much to do but it is a big step.

I'm off to do a bit of yoga. May you all be well.