Notices

One Year & Over Part 81

Old 05-16-2021, 11:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Yay Andy!

This weekend was the first one where my store did not require customers to wear masks. Thankfully, out of a couple thousand customers yesterday, I saw maybe five people whom were maskless. I even saw one couple come in maskless, but once they saw everyone else wearing one, they each donned one while shopping. I loved that.

Early day at work, then two days off.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
Old 05-17-2021, 12:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

FBL when I lost a lot of weight back at the start of my sober journey, loads of folk told me I looked younger, I do think a healthier lifestyle kind of 'glows' on us. I have kept active and still try to maintain something of a healthy diet.

SE a trip to the beach does sound lovely, however hectic.

Hope the Jag goes well Andy, we're waiting to hear our second, I think it's around mid June unless they bring them forward.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I'm only half-joking when I say that I found the fountain of youth. I really do feel better now at 55 than I did at 35. I truly believe that age is just a number. I hope that I'm able to stay active for many years to come. That said, I'm truly learning to live in the moment, for the future is uncertain for all of us. The daily gratitude, positive thinking, exercise and eating healthier are all really starting to pay off in spades.

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 05-17-2021, 03:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

FBL you do look well though, it’s certainly working and you’re a shining example to me who can’t get myself motivated yet.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

SE, are you trying to do all of your usual stuff while dealing with a colicky baby? Perhaps it would help to dial back a bit?

Have a good Monday
Old 05-17-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Yay Andy!

This weekend was the first one where my store did not require customers to wear masks. Thankfully, out of a couple thousand customers yesterday, I saw maybe five people whom were maskless. I even saw one couple come in maskless, but once they saw everyone else wearing one, they each donned one while shopping. I loved that.

Early day at work, then two days off.

Have a great start to the week everyone!
I have been quiet about all of this....but I just do not get this.
No more mask mandate in stores and many many places here and no requirement to prove you are vaccinated.
Where is the logic?

Anyway, next topic ....proud of you dear Paul.

Old 05-17-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Another day, Monday although as my work is not regular employment, the day of the week doesn't really matter.

Mags, I did get the joke about Mr. Mags!. If I had a partner, I would be ribbing him like that too (-;

Yesterday I managed to get my taxes done which is huge in my book. I did them on Turbo Tax and I'm not certain that I did them correctly but at least they are done. Sigh.

Today I'm hoping to go through some papers of my Dad's, burn some old records, get a walk in and buy some groceries.

May all be well with you all.

Old 05-17-2021, 10:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind I thought you had...I’m just a bit silly sometimes. (Then afterwards felt I needed to explain myself ) I seem to have had a lot of silliness the last few days. Or it could be craziness.

Suze I think whatever anyone else does we have to be comfortable and feel safe with our actions. There’s going to be many people with wild abandon...just give them a very very wide berth. I know I will.

In saying that I really want a trip to the garden centre. I’m going to ask mil and her sister (who stayed overnight with her) if they fancy a drive out to Brigg Garden Centre. They do lovely lunches too so if it’s not busy and we don’t have to book we might get lunch. ...that’s my plans, though they can change and may just do.

Have a good Tuesday my friends...be safe. xxxx
Old 05-17-2021, 11:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
The vaccination centre was running like a well oiled machine. I arrived in good time and had had my jab before my appointment.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:57 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, pleased it all went well. I was impressed how well they run the vaccine centers.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Bekind, every year I dread taxes, put them off awhile and then agonize over them. I don’t really relax until they are out the door. And these days I have an accountant do them - but I still have to get it all together

I am still wearing my mask ... just saying. Our grocery store still requires them I’m happy to say. No colds this winter and that’s a good thing! I may just do this every winter.

FBL, yes, you do look happy and healthy!

Have a good day, Overs

Old 05-18-2021, 03:09 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Speaking of taxes, I filed my federal return in late February and still haven't received my refund! In this case, the serenity prayer has come in handy, but I could sure use my money back!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 05-18-2021, 03:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

first covid jab today...no drama
Old 05-18-2021, 08:05 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Treatrat and Phoenix, I'm so glad you two stepped up to the plate and got the vaccines. Here is hoping that we are coming to a point where covid is less of a problem. I know 1/20 with the vaccine will still get it but hopefully not suffer really bad symptoms. I'm happy to keep wearing a mask even though I'm vaccinated.

I had a good useful day yesterday: walk, fixed my taxes (they were rejected as I hadn't found a place to put my ID number, burned the rest of my Dad's old taxes, and made plans with a friend to bike up a nearby pass.

Today: make up a bed, work on my bike for tomorrow's ride, call my Dad, do some yoga, run laundry and dishes and tidy the place up a bit.

Yeehaw, and off I go into the wild blue yonder of quotidian tasks of my life.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:34 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi overs -

I think my posts will become bullet points

vaccines:

- Yay Andy and PHX!
- V: my mom didn’t feel safe in OH with no masks either - you aren’t alone
- SG - hope the mask wearing continues!
- I’m pumping milk for SiSK, but I will feel better once they allow the young kids to get the jab, likely early winter.

Beach trip was booked almost a year ago. I spent more money per a night than my honeymoon bc I wanted to stay near and keep the drive short and everything close to SF is crazy expensive. Part of the frustration bc I was hoping it would be more relaxing.

Instead we had no power for first 24 hours - no coffee/way to cook or heat the place, it rained and was cold, BB didn’t sleep, my pump broke, and I originally booked a larger place so that in case BB didn’t sleep we could take shifts sleeping but in the newborn fog MIL asked if there was space for the Saudi family to join us and I stupidly did a room count and found an extra room and said “yes”. This brought the celebration of alcohol and the 6 year old who gets satisfaction from being annoying on holiday. oh and I’m dairy free to try to help with the colic, which meant that I had to do my own side cooking and “watch it”. It was a lot.

But being right on the beach so that I could easily pop out with SisK to play on the beach for 30 mins was priceless. That is the part that I will look back and remember.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

SE I’m glad you were able to get away to the beach with SisK, as you say priceless moments.

Had a good day yesterday. Took mil and her sister to garden centre and had lunch too. It was a change to eat out and walk round the garden centre.

Have a good Wednesday my friends. xxxx
Old 05-19-2021, 01:27 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

a world without coffee ?

ugh
Old 05-19-2021, 04:03 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Have a good hump day Overs!

Old 05-19-2021, 05:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

LOVE the camel! ❤️