Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part Three

Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hugs Phebe ❤️

I get the sadness too, I feel it often. I feel it especially today, Mother’s Day, missing my beloved Mum like crazy.
Sending you love, and hoping the sadness lifts for you soon. Well done on not drinking.
I’m only back to day 6 after my last mishap, but drinking doesn’t solve anything, alcohol tries to trick us into thinking it will help erase the sadness, but it only makes the sadness worse.
If we sit with it, it will lift of it’s own accord. And I have hope that long term sobriety will help lift the ongoing underlying sadness of depression. Because I think alcohol has a lot to answer for, in contributing to causing the sadness and depression in the first place.
​​​​​​​(((Willow)))

Thank you. For us, I’m going to hug my mom extra special for both of us tomorrow.❤️

Blessings.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good afternoon April flowers, hope you are all well, phebe I hope the sadness lifts soon and well done for not drinking. I get the sadness, the depression that comes from nowhere. It’s awful and I have learned that drinking makes it worse so keep doing what you are doing and look after yourself, you will feel better ❤️ I am having a nice relaxing Sunday, sober Sundays are so good! Tomorrow marks 4 weeks sober for me. Nervous about visiting my sister at her holiday home next week but plenty of time to plan for that. Keep posting guys the thread is getting quiet and I am keen to hear how everyone is doing xx
Old 05-09-2021, 09:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi everyone just checking in, Ladytron sober sundays are my favourite too, no dread of the week to come and I have everything ready for kids for school tomorrow.
Happy mother's day to all that celebrate it this weekend, we have ours in March.
Phebe I hope you feel better soon, maybe when this weekend passes and you can forget the pressure. Ladytron that sounds lovely to be visiting your sister at a holiday home, I would love a bit of a holiday but i cant see it happening this year again.
2 weeks (again) for me today, 3rd time lucky eh.. feeling good about it though.. my son is doing his exams at the moment and he had to submit assignments plus do exams..Hes not living here hes in my parents this year as it's close to the college hes stressing me out big time because I know even though he was given all the time in the world to get the assignments in,the time is up for 1 of them and he didnt get it in on time..I'm literally harassing him at this stage to complete the rest and get them in and I think he will probably block me because of it.He has this week of exams too. Hes 19 years old..just get your head down and get them in like???. If he doesnt pass its like a waste of a year staying in my parents and he wont get in to actual college. This year was a course u can do after school instead of using your school points so he can get into actual college. Drive me crazy but I cant do it for him so I dont know 😵
Old 05-09-2021, 10:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladytron View Post
Good afternoon April flowers, hope you are all well, phebe I hope the sadness lifts soon and well done for not drinking. I get the sadness, the depression that comes from nowhere. It’s awful and I have learned that drinking makes it worse so keep doing what you are doing and look after yourself, you will feel better ❤️ I am having a nice relaxing Sunday, sober Sundays are so good! Tomorrow marks 4 weeks sober for me. Nervous about visiting my sister at her holiday home next week but plenty of time to plan for that. Keep posting guys the thread is getting quiet and I am keen to hear how everyone is doing xx
Does your sister no you are not drinking love? It might make it easier for you if she does? s ❤️
Old 05-09-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OverthePanic View Post
Hi everyone just checking in, Ladytron sober sundays are my favourite too, no dread of the week to come and I have everything ready for kids for school tomorrow.
Happy mother's day to all that celebrate it this weekend, we have ours in March.
Phebe I hope you feel better soon, maybe when this weekend passes and you can forget the pressure. Ladytron that sounds lovely to be visiting your sister at a holiday home, I would love a bit of a holiday but i cant see it happening this year again.
2 weeks (again) for me today, 3rd time lucky eh.. feeling good about it though.. my son is doing his exams at the moment and he had to submit assignments plus do exams..Hes not living here hes in my parents this year as it's close to the college hes stressing me out big time because I know even though he was given all the time in the world to get the assignments in,the time is up for 1 of them and he didnt get it in on time..I'm literally harassing him at this stage to complete the rest and get them in and I think he will probably block me because of it.He has this week of exams too. Hes 19 years old..just get your head down and get them in like???. If he doesnt pass its like a waste of a year staying in my parents and he wont get in to actual college. This year was a course u can do after school instead of using your school points so he can get into actual college. Drive me crazy but I cant do it for him so I dont know 😵
I think there are times in life that you get to be a pushy mum, and this is one of them.
He might get annoyed with you for a bit, but he might also get all of his assignments in and pass the year. ❤️

Old 05-09-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks I'm really hope so venus but I have a sneaky feeling that hes let the deadline go for a couple of them already..hes doing exams but exams only account for 60% the assignments are the other 40% 😵
Old 05-09-2021, 08:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 40. Just taken my Antabuse. Going to head for a walk when it gets a bit brighter.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Happy Mother’s Day🌺

I didn’t make it this week.....I’m about to crawl into bed in day 2. Disappointed in myself and thought about not returning to SR and this class but need the support here. I had a phone appointment with the psychologist who prescribes my anxiety meds, always up front with my struggle to say sober....she adjusted anxiety meds and doubled dose of Prozac (I’ve been taking it for a long time), so hopefully the increase will help. I have a very busy day tomorrow and ready to call it a day.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back Mariah

D
Old 05-10-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 40. Took my Antabuse. Collected my welfare. Normally I get my dad to collect it because of my anxiety. Hopefully I can collect it myself moving forward.
Old 05-10-2021, 03:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

So glad you came back Mariah, you will feel much better that you did when you feel a bit better in yourself xx
Congratulations on day 40 FF your doing great
Old 05-10-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ladytron. Congratulations for four weeks.

Day 58 for me. Took a 40 minute walk in a nature preserve early this morning. Lots of bugs and spider webs across the path. Cravings for alcohol subsiding. Gradually getting my health back. Feel pretty good.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well done dickenson and ff you are really racking up the days! Mariah I am glad you came back and really hope the increased meds help your anxiety, please be kind to yourself ❤️. Venus I will talk to my sister and let her know as well as that I’ll take some nice teas and cordials. Feeling a bit sad about it all today and having ‘why me’ moments. The plan is fish and chips for dinner and join the smart meeting afterwards..Hope everyone is well xx
Old 05-10-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am glad you are going to tell your sister dear Ladytron. s xx
Old 05-10-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Called my nurse and asked to be put on lexapro for anxiety. He's going to talk to the psychiatrist and get back to me.

Pretty rough day. The voices won't let up but they're quieter than they have been.

Might do some strength training later if I feel up to it.
​​​​​​
Old 05-10-2021, 01:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Phebe I’m sure your Mum will love extra hugs ❤️

Ladytron I think it’s a good idea talking to your sister before you go. Congratulations on 4 weeks!

OTP I totally hear you about your son, it’s so frustrating when they don’t put the work in, but like you said, we can’t do it for them. I do hope he gets through.

Well done on 40 days Freedomfries, and 58 days Dickensen

I’m glad you came back too Mariah. Be gentle and kind to yourself

I’m starting week 2 today and going along ok. Just very tired, but grateful to be sober. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Goodnight team April, feeling better but tired and will post more tomorrow’
Old 05-10-2021, 04:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations to all on your sober time🎉

FF, have you been able to talk with psychiatrist directly about the voices?

stressful life right now, feeling pretty overwhelmed and frustrated. Worked a shift this am and have an overnight tonight but have about 4 hrs down time and going to rest and try and let some things go🙏

Have a good evening/day all
Old 05-10-2021, 05:25 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

(((Mariah))) ❤️
Old 05-11-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=MariahGayle;7634437]FF, have you been able to talk with psychiatrist directly about the voices?

/QUOTE]

I won't be able to speak to him directly until July. I don't think there's much he can do. The voices are real. There's audio implants in my ears that people talk into. All I can do is pray for quietness.

It's day 41 today. Took my Antabuse. As long as I keep taking it I'll stay sober.