Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 7

Old 02-11-2022, 03:41 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Glad your doing so well sticking to sobriety Tanky, congratulations on your almost year 🥳 Wonderful to hear from you.
my dearest dear Zura, so so good to see you, too! Sorry I missed out wishing you happy 40th a few months back. Glad you are still doing the sober yards, too. How are you travelling?
Old 02-11-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

All good Tanky. I'm not big on birthdays but that one felt special in relation to sobriety. Had some set backs but overall I've made progress and it's going very smoothly currently. Other than that I live a quiet, simple life which is not exciting but how I like it 😂.

One year is so impressive, way to go!!
Old 02-11-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi Zura honey s

I love that this thread is active again: I missed you girls very much. ❤️
Old 02-11-2022, 12:30 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hello lovely Venus ❤️

I missed you too 😘 I started posting on the 180 thread when this one went quiet and still read around alot. Infact I saw on another thread I owe you a belated Happy Birthday 🎉🎂
Old 02-11-2022, 12:42 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

TY Zura love. ❤️
Old 02-12-2022, 09:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hello team D! I have missed you all too. Glad to see some activity here. I am active on the Morning Grats and sometimes on the Weekenders. Zura I am glad your life is simple and things are going smoothly for you. Venus I agree that is is really nice to hear from folks again. Tanky you sound good. I love your sense of humor. And congrats on your upcoming one year.

I am slogging along here. I have improved in some ways but am still suffering from PAWS symptoms. Turns out I think that my occasional use of Benzos over the years as prescribed and my short term use of them as prescribed in early sobriety have really exacerbated my PAWS symptoms. So I spend time on the Benzo buddies site too.

My mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and I am am navigating that the best I can. I am in NC and she is in Florida so I have been down there three times since August. I am going down again in two weeks. We are really close and this all seems like a bad dream to me. She is 89 and has dementia too. We are about to get Hospice involved.

The good news is that I have had zero relapses since I quit on December 17, 2020. I have been able to get back to playing tennis. I am working and putting one foot in front of the other. I enjoy time with my granddaughter who is about to turn 6. I am turning 60 on the 24th but we have not planned anything for because of my mom. I don't really feel much like celebrating. But I have glimpses of joy here and there.

Lat's keep posting!
Old 02-12-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi dear CBS. So much love honey ❤️
Old 02-12-2022, 12:00 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your Mum CBS, that's really tough. It's such a shame your still dealing with PAWS symptoms as well. Fantastic job on your sobriety though 🎉 and happy pre birthday 🎂
Old 02-12-2022, 12:04 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Yes.....I did not respond well earlier....I am crazy tired.

I am sending love and prayers for your mum dear CBS. Ongoing. s ❤️
And I see we are just over a year apart in age (I do believe I just turned 59, but it may be a vicious rumour)....so pretty much the same......and then we have the kids....Zura and Tanky xxxxxx
Old 02-12-2022, 12:48 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

You give so much care and support on here Venus that I think we all know even a shorter reply is filled with love ❤️

Haha kids 😂 love it!
Old 02-12-2022, 01:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Love you honey and I am smiling. And yes, I could easily be your mum, age-wise. s ❤️
Old 02-14-2022, 03:41 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Good evening Team D,

CBS - so good to see you, too!! But v. sorry to hear about your mum’s diagnosis . Never easy this stuff with our parents. My thoughts and prayers with you and your mum.

My dad survived w a stage four cancer for many years , but then died quickly after being diagnosed with a second cancer (not secondary, just a brand new completely different one). But you sound so very grounded and calm. Maybe there is something to this sobriety business , huh? Don’t think you could have been there for your mum in this way pre-dec 2020 . And congrats on all that sober time. Awesome!

Zura you do sound like you are very strong in your recovery. And quiet life is kind of cool. After our kind of chaos . 😂

and my dear, venus. I did so miss being called a kid. 😂😂 I will turn 50 in December . A bit long in the tooth for a bib. Lucky I mostly don’t need one , anymore

Old 02-14-2022, 10:15 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Tanky - you are too funny 😂😂😂 I unfortunately still could do with a bib on occasion. You'd think after 40 years I'd have figured out where my mouth is but the food stains on my shirt sometimes suggest otherwise 😝 atleast it's not drool but give it time and i might be back there.
Old 02-21-2022, 02:33 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hey Team D,

I did a post in the Newcomers forum about turning 1 today, but I also really wanted to come here to tell you guys how grateful I am for your support, for holding my hand so many times , for letting me hold yours when you needed it and for walking with me on this journey. Sharing this road with you all is a privilege and an honour. Recovery is grand. Here’s to much more of it for all of us. ❤️❤️
Old 02-21-2022, 02:57 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 02-21-2022, 07:54 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Way to go on a year Tanky!!🥳🎉🎂
Old 02-22-2022, 05:10 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Your Newcomers post was great. It was so real and inspiring. Congratulations 🎉 Tanky!