# 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Devizes and Deep Blue

D
Old 05-03-2021, 08:05 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
I’m here for sober May.
I had some big problems with figuring out SR desktop on my phone and with the AV.
The AV just loved that I was having so much trouble posting.
But I’ve got it sorted out now thankfully, and I’m giving the AV the middle finger.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:50 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got it sorted out Willow
Welcome!
D
Old 05-03-2021, 10:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome aboard letsdance
I think you can do this too - what kind of changes are you looking at to help make this happen?

D
I'm willing to do anything at this point. I'm going to actually go to a meeting the next time I feel a craving because if I don't I know I will just talk myself into drinking. My husband drinks too we are eachothers worst enemy with this. But we both want to stop this.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:37 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Willingness is a great thing to have LD

D
Old 05-04-2021, 12:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning x
good to see everyones post this morn. Gym went not to bad, did get anxious but i pushed through it, not sore this morning, so guess i couldnt of pushed myself enough lol, so im going again tonight, keep me bz at witching hour.

good to see u back willow and hey letsdance im in the same boat with my husband, x sry cant remember on what was said even though i did read past posts this morning lol, cant wait for my memory to get bit better with not drinking, got plenty thiamine to help me. I will just have to manage the withdrawls as best i can, im sure excercise will help x

great job on everyone who has days or weeks or months being sober. day 2 for me.

will leave it there for now, will check in later to see how everyone day is getting on xx
Old 05-04-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MAY 2021

come and join us!

The latest APRIL thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/453442-class-april-2021-support-thread-part-two-17.html (Class of April 2020 Part 3)
How do I join.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

How do I join.

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MAY 2021

come and join us!

The latest APRIL thread is now here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/453442-class-april-2021-support-thread-part-two-17.html (Class of April 2020 Part 3)
How do I join.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am joining

Originally Posted by Macaroni1234 View Post
I am joining
I am joining
Old 05-04-2021, 03:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

All anyone needs to do to join is post here
Welcome Whitehorses

D
Old 05-04-2021, 03:54 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Made it 30 days last month, went on a 7 day bender and i, of course, hate myself for it. I simply cannot drink normally. I need to forget the idea that i will ever have a normal relationship with alcohol, you let those thoughts in and the seed is planted. Day 1. I love being sober, but here i am again. Why would anyone willingly do this to themselves? Not to mention over and over again. Really struggling today. Both physically and mentally.
Old 05-04-2021, 03:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome backtogood

I simply cannot drink normally. I need to forget the idea that i will ever have a normal relationship with alcohol,
I found I accepted the reality eventually.
I hope you're at that point too
D
Old 05-04-2021, 04:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks for the hint Dee, I’ll try and find that next time. It was a lengthy post, the first hand written, the second dictated, but still long and deep.

Welcome back to those returning, and welcome who the newcomers.

“joining” to me, means posting and participating here, sharing our triumphs and struggles. offering our classmates insights, and support even if we have trouble uplifting ourselves. Seems to me that going outside of our selfish selves actually is helpful to ourselves.😋

Willow, good for you. Yes, the desktop went away when the techies did a major overhaul a couple years ago. I do get it on my iPad, but apple mobile not at all. Totally different experience.

Old 05-04-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Backtogood, why we go back? Because addictions are hard to break. Addictions are lizard brain. Addiction isn’t you. It’s a BEAST. And it wants the high. Even if it makes you miserable. Even if you lose your job. Even if you lose your friends, or go broke. Lose your home, lose your drivers license. Kill someone. Kill ourself.

We know it, our soul knows that. It is weakened to help when we allow the BEAST in. Allow your soul to grow.

No one, no thing, no program is coming to save you.

We need to save ourselves, and doing that with other people who understand the struggles makes that possible journey a little more pleasant 😍.

I hope we all decide to live.

Old 05-04-2021, 05:07 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
I'm willing to do anything at this point. I'm going to actually go to a meeting the next time I feel a craving because if I don't I know I will just talk myself into drinking. My husband drinks too we are eachothers worst enemy with this. But we both want to stop this.
If you feeI safe going to face to face meetings now, why not Iook them up and find one that appeaIs and just go.
Waiting tiII you have a craving....weII, that wouldn't work for me.
I wouId get in the car and drive straight to the booze.

With you every step dear Ietsdance ❤️
Old 05-04-2021, 05:11 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

BTG honey ~ sending you Iove s ❤️

And weIcome from me too dear whitehorse! ❤️
Old 05-04-2021, 06:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all! I’m on day16. Feel a bit more clearheaded. I have cravings but just keep pushing them away. I look at it per hour if needed! Just been to my AA meeting which always helps as it gives me a lift that I’m not alone in this

Have a wonderful blessed day all xx
Old 05-04-2021, 08:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

BTG. I was worried about you and glad you’re here. It’s a struggle for sure, but worth it, for our families and our health. Obviously, I understand, because here I am in yet another new month. I’m too struggling with the AV. It forgets how awful we feel.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:37 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good on you for getting to the gym and getting through that anxiety. Gyms always give me anxiety. I prefer hiking but right now my anxiety is threw the roof so i can't seem to get out! I been sick as well with a cold so i been cooped in in the house. I feel like my immune system is shot. My memory is bad as well.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:39 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
If you feeI safe going to face to face meetings now, why not Iook them up and find one that appeaIs and just go.
Waiting tiII you have a craving....weII, that wouldn't work for me.
I wouId get in the car and drive straight to the booze.

With you every step dear Ietsdance ❤️
I think your right, well i know your right! I have a list of the meetings nearest to me. I am having like social phobia lately. I have always struggled with it but its been terrible latley.