Notices

Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part One

Old 04-04-2021, 08:55 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Sounds divine Phoebe! s
Old 04-04-2021, 09:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Happy Easter! All you can do is keeping trying erratic One week today, usually holidays is just a reason to drink early and somehow ruin the holiday. I'm really happy I know I won't have to even worry about that today since i won't be drinking. I thought it would be hard knowing that everyone will be drinking mamosa's and so on, but knowing that I can't, makes it easy. Hope everyone has a great sober Sunday.
Old 04-04-2021, 11:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi. Just sent my family over to the in-laws to spend the holiday with them. I can't seem to make myself go and fake my way through holidays and situations I hate since my Mom passed years ago. I am much happier just to have a quiet day at home.
Kinda makes me feel like a bad Mom.... so it makes me want to drink. But I won't do that today. I am going to read and play with some fiber (knit or spin).
Just thought I should come post and not complete isolate myself. ❤
Old 04-04-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I think I remember you saying that those famiIy hoIiday situations were boozy dear Citrus.
So you are being a good mum....you are making sure that you are safe. s ❤️
Old 04-04-2021, 12:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats on your week, Back. That's brilliant 😀

I'm sorry you're back on day one, Erratic, but I'm joining you there. I don't understand why I'm struggling so much at the moment. I guess I'm feeling as though I'm not worth the effort. But, deep inside, I know that's not true. I AM worthy of recovery and so are you We can do this.

Bethany and Elke, how are you doing?

Hello KTB!

Glad you're doing well, Owen, Citrus and FF and all our other awesome Aprils xxxxx
Old 04-04-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thank you for asking Devizes. I'm doing ok so far. Early day I suppose. I'm reading a lot on SR and joined venuscats 24 hour thread. Committing to 24h sober time every day is so powerful and keeps the AV in check.
I turned 60 last months and this on and off of healthy eating and binging has to stop. I'm tiered of 'starting tomorrow or on Monday or whatever excuse I can come up with. Onwards and upwards with a little more selfcompassion. For me it's mostly emotional eating and before I put something in my mouth I ask myself if it is for my head (emotions) or to nourish my body.
I've got to learn more about how I manage my emotions without food. This is a big change for me. Have you heard of Dr Robert Cywes, the CarbAddictionDoc? He has a youtube channel and he's a straight talker and doesn't try to sell you any books, supplements etc.
I know so much about healthy lifestyle etc, read books, attended courses etc but I never practise it on myself. And I don't know why, you see.
Turning 60 was a turning point, no time to waste. I don't want to be in the same mental place in 10 years time if I'm lucky enough to survive.
No better time than the present, one day, one hour, one minute at a time. I'm worth it, we are all worth it.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Do you have any lambs these days, Elke?
Good health to you
Old 04-04-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank you, Elke. That was such a strong and insightful post I'll check out YouTube.

I turned 60 last May and it certainly does concentrate the mind! I'm aware that my body is much more fragile now and really can't take the punishment I keep giving it. I need to be kind to myself xxxx
Old 04-04-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Do you have any lambs these days, Elke?
Good health to you
Hi Carmel, how are you? I'm chuffed that you remember... We're right in the middle of lambing. I took 2 weeks off work to help on the farm and I'm loving it. We're lambing outside and today we had to catch quite a few ewes to pull the lambs. I feel a bit like a ewe midwife. I'm grateful for the dry warm weather...
Old 04-04-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day one for me. I'm committed to get through this. I appreciate any and all support!
Old 04-04-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Devizes View Post
I turned 60 last May and it certainly does concentrate the mind! I'm aware that my body is much more fragile now and really can't take the punishment I keep giving it. I need to be kind to myself xxxx
Yes, lets be kind to ourself. That's a lovely thought...
Old 04-04-2021, 01:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi kpatrick, best of luck, you can do this.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kpatrick View Post
Day one for me. I'm committed to get through this. I appreciate any and all support!
WeIcome from me too. :hug s ❤️
Old 04-04-2021, 03:16 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Elke, I’m familiar with Robert Cywes, and have watched some videos and interviews with him. I’m T2 diabetic, so the low carb/keto lifestyle is something I strive to follow. I struggle, but strive, and it’s harder while trying to be sober. I’m probably a carb addict as well as an alcoholic.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:25 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Welcome kpatrick and welcome back Devizes and erratic

D
Old 04-04-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 4 and doing good!
Old 04-04-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Bethany

D
Old 04-04-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 5.

Going for a run at 7am. Starting c25k again after two weeks off cause of my hand. Really looking forward to it.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:04 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
welcome to some new people which is good to see and thanks phoebe and others who responded to my post x i am still back on to day 1 but it will be day 1 today as it would of been day 6 if i kept at it! but again not going to dwell on being and starting again as that just makes me feel guilty and hate myself which im not going to do. so new day new week and still going to post here and stay with u all.

well done on you all who is doing and trying x thanks also devizas you can do this also as your worth looking after urself and i know how hard it is to break the cycle of an eating disorder xx

will again keep close as i know its only 8am and got long day ahead, i have my toolbox just have to make sure i use it and stick here on this thread and my home thread x

oh and its snowing here! lol
Old 04-05-2021, 12:21 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Back from my run. Was dreading it this morning but glad I got out. Starting a diet today. Weighed myself yesterday and I'm on the verge of being overweight. Took a before pic and Christ I look fat. Going to start strength training tomorrow. Maybe I'll get back into yoga too.

I tried to quit smoking yesterday but bought a pack. It's harder to quit than alcohol that's for sure. Going to try again after this pack. I don't even really enjoy it that more and it's such a waste of money. Between smoking and pepsi I spend pretty much all the welfare I don't give to my dad on my addictions. I could be saving that money.