# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part Two

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D
Old 03-26-2021, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and welcome to the few new and returning!

Day 11 here and no idea what trigger was this afternoon but I felt so uptight/angry. My AV tried to tell me how much better I'd feel after a few drinks and I deserved it after doing so well, it was a stressful week and blah, blah, blah! So I ate a cookie and am drinking a coke zero. Dinner soon and off to bed early!
Old 03-26-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 11 is great, Becky, and good strategy to have a cookie and coke.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you Becky

D
Old 03-26-2021, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newcomers and thanks for the new thread Dee

CC and Suze, I hear you, although I’m on some natural low dose HRT that helps.

Freedom I hope your hand is on the mend soon.

We spontaneously went out of town last night and stayed in a friend’s cottage for the night, no phone or wifi. It was lovely even though it’s been pouring rain! My partner was having a few beers and then a whiskey, and the AV tried it on but I told it where to go, and thankfully made it through sober.

Day 12 today
I hope you’re all doing ok x
Old 03-26-2021, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by becky7 View Post
Hi everyone and welcome to the few new and returning!

Day 11 here and no idea what trigger was this afternoon but I felt so uptight/angry. My AV tried to tell me how much better I'd feel after a few drinks and I deserved it after doing so well, it was a stressful week and blah, blah, blah! So I ate a cookie and am drinking a coke zero. Dinner soon and off to bed early!
Well done on not giving in Becky I was like that yesterday too! It was Day 11 and I was really irritable. I found myself getting really cranky, and when my partner was having afternoon beers, the AV was really on at me, but I didn’t cave. Thankfully!
Old 03-26-2021, 10:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 9.

Had a terrible drinking dream. I was getting wasted. When I went to the bathroom my parents threw out my booze. So I wrote a suicide note and went to buy more alcohol then headed to the train tracks to kill myself. I was killing myself to get revenge for them dumping my gin. Which is the sort of crazy thing I could do if I drink again.

what a relief to wake up sober on good terms with my parents.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I’ve had some pretty upsetting dreams too Freedom, and it’s always a relief to realise they weren’t real. At least in real life we can choose not to drink.

Goodnight everyone on day 12 for me x
Old 03-27-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Everyone x Day 12 here and like you Becky and Willow, Day 11 was a challenge to say the least.

Hoping to finish cleaning the house around 1pm today and then going to have a bath with Dead Sea salts and magnesium flakes, deep condition my hair, do a facemask, do a full body moisturise with my de-stress oils and put on some super comfy PJ’s....then chill for the rest of the day. I have got the wood burner going and really looking forward to treating myself!

Hope everyone is doing ok x
Old 03-27-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh that sounds divine.... s ❤️
Old 03-27-2021, 05:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, starting day 10 here. My daughter is coming to visit for the weekend so we're picking up the house. Going to start more seedlings today. Most of my veggies have already popped up except the pepper plants. The snow has finally melted from my raised beds so hopefully I'll be able to plant the cold weather crops soon.

Have a good weekend.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

10 days is awesome dear countrystix! s ❤️
Old 03-27-2021, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone.

Manta, your day sounds so wonderful! Enjoy it.

Country, I need to do some tidying, spring cleaning type stuff too.

Im having a lazy day so far. I was flat out exhausted yesterday afternoon and evening and finally went up to bed around 10. I didn’t go to sleep immediately, but also slept until 10am. Not sure why I’m so tired. I have a very painful stye on my eye, and maybe I’m not sleeping well. It hurts and wakes me. I do think it’s turning the corner today. Odd how the tiniest thing can be such a nuisance.

Off to clean the mess I left in the kitchen last night.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Manta, i think everyone is jealous of the day you have planned out

A little sunny Spring weather has decided to show up. So today will be some inside deep cleaning, maybe some yardwork (get the garden ready, pull the flower pots out and fill with soil) and a walk and game time with my son. I woke up sober, which is always amazing and a blessing. I want a life of no alcohol, but that thought seems overwhelming in early recovery. So, I set my goal for no alcohol until my next doctor's appointment, which is 3 months. I know most of you won't agree with this, like I'm setting myself up for failure or giving myself premission to drink in 3 months. That's not my intention, but it gives me a place to start, instead of this 2/3 weeks not drinking, 1 week drinking rollercoaster I'm on. I have a feeling some days my goal will be just to make it to the next day and so on. My labs came back and my doctor was happy with my progress, they aren't perfect and I need to put in the work
no drinking, eat healthier, more exercise. I would like to see the difference it can make in only 3 months. I am proud of how far I've come, from drinking every day for almost 20 years, to drinking 1 week out of every month the last 6 months. Sounds silly huh? Well, I spend alot of time beating myself up and that's not working, I think I need to focus on being positive and proud of what i have accomplished. Perhaps some self-love, instead of torturing myself with all my shortcomings? Sorry for the ramble!! I guess i needed to sort some thoughts out. Happy saturday, stay sober
Old 03-27-2021, 11:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think that’s a good goal, BTG. Sometimes breaking up some task that seems overwhelming into smaller chunks helps get us there. Fair warning though, I’m guilty of getting that clean slate dr visit(this was around 10 years ago) and celebrating with wine that night. So, that’s only my experience, of course, but, you’ve got 3 months to plan a more healthy and appropriate reward, right?!

Got the kitchen cleaned. Time to figure out my next task. I’ve got so much to do with this house that it’s overwhelming.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
I think that’s a good goal, BTG. Sometimes breaking up some task that seems overwhelming into smaller chunks helps get us there. Fair warning though, I’m guilty of getting that clean slate dr visit(this was around 10 years ago) and celebrating with wine that night. So, that’s only my experience, of course, but, you’ve got 3 months to plan a more healthy and appropriate reward, right?!

Got the kitchen cleaned. Time to figure out my next task. I’ve got so much to do with this house that it’s overwhelming.
I have also celebrated with a cocktail after 24 days (my longest run as of date) clean after doctors appointment, but I have 3 months to figure out a positive reward and I'm sure better health will be a good motivator. But i will definitely have more tools in place by then. Good job on the kitchen. I'm looking around my house, like, where do i start?! I started with coffee heehee.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Closing in on the end of day nine. Had some nice meditations today. Think I might go for a short walk early tomorrow morning when my agoraphobia doesn't bother me too much. Going to take my pills and go to sleep shortly. Looking forward to waking up sober on day 10. Hopefully my hand will have healed more.
Old 03-27-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats manta, countrystix, willow, FF on your milestones

D
Old 03-27-2021, 01:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello All...Day 5 for me more than half way through.
I just need to keep reminding myself that I don't have to drink today. If I don't drink the rest gets easier.

Hope you all are having a good day!
Old 03-27-2021, 02:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Suze & Dee and everyone

Manta, I hope you enjoyed a lovely relaxing day, you deserve to be pampered! I love days like that ❤️

Countrystix, have a lovely weekend with your daughter

Phoebe I’ve been really tired too. I think it’s common in early sobriety. I am usually in bed before 9pm! I hope the stye settles down quickly.

BTG, thinking about rewards for sobriety milestones (1 week, 10 days, 2 weeks, 20 days, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 30 days, a month, 2 months, 3 months, 100 days...), I like to reward myself too, but not with alcohol. Things like a pampering session (a massage, a hair dresser appointment or pedicure) or buying myself a present like a plant, a pair of runners or boots or a new shirt (often something I need but couldn’t /wouldn’t afford when spending money on alcohol) or a new book or some camping equipment (I love camping). Or even smaller rewards, like a special smoothie drink or a yummy takeaway dinner or a new hairbrush or hand cream or moisturiser or something like that.

Freedom I think meditation and walking are really good things to help with mental health and support sobriety. I’m really glad to hear you’re doing both, I think they’ll help you feel a bit better about life

Well done on 5 days AD42L. I think one day at a time is the way to stay sober. For me anyway, generally it’s too daunting to look too far ahead, although I do want sobriety to stick long term.

I'm just starting day 13 here. I had a rough couple of days but I didn’t drink. I’ve been reading about blood sugar spikes and dips and I really think I need to get off sugar. I’ve been eating too much sweet stuff and I’m pretty sure it’s contributing to my low moods and irritability... when the sugar wears off... another addictive substance, better than drinking alcohol but not ideal. Today is Sunday and it’s a bit tricky at home as the household always has sweet stuff, but I’m back at work tomorrow and I’m going to try really hard to implement a healthier eating plan