Notices

Class of March Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part Two

Old 03-27-2021, 03:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mantalady your day sounds awesome. I am so covetous of your log burner Backtogood you really have made great strides to get to drinking one week in four. Agree with planning a nice treat to celebrate. You've got some time, so you can hopefully think of something really been special.

​​I've been getting quite a lot of nice things for myself these last three weeks, now that I have money to do it. Good face cream, flowers, posh tea. And as well as the big bunch of flowers I sent my mum on mother's Day, a couple of times I've been talking to her about books I'm reading (because yes, I'm reading books more now that I'm not pissed/hungover all the time) and she's been interested in them and I've ordered copies to be sent to her. Just little things but little things I wouldn't have spent money on previously because I was spending it all on booze.

​​​​​​Had a rough day yesterday with headaches, mostly wiped out, headache first thing this morning but it lifted so I got quite a lot done housewise and cooking. Also made an excellent curry if I say so myself - fish madras, sag aloo, naan, rice, poppadoms with pickles and home made yoghurt dressing. *And*, when I was getting it all ready to serve, I really wanted a beer so instead I made some mango lassis. Hurrah.

Freedomfries my dreams have been wild since I stopped drinking. Did you dream when you were drinking? I don't think I did. I think our brains are making up for lost time. And what a relief it must have been for you to wake up and find yourself in the reality you are building.

Old 03-27-2021, 04:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That sounds delicious CC ! I certainly enjoy cooking when I’m sober ! Making fancy dishes just for me really helped me during lockdown ! But when I’ve hit the booze I order unhealthy takeaways so that has to stop !
Old 03-27-2021, 06:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yum CC! I’m coming to your place for dinner!
Icandothis, I didn’t tend to order takeaway when I was drinking, but I would eat all manner of junk, chips and sweets mainly. But I’m still eating too much junk at the moment, even though I’m also cooking and eating healthy meals. I’m just eating the junk on top of it lol. But I’ve decided that tomorrow (Monday) is the start of healthy eating. I’m going to cook up a big pot of delicious nutritious veggie soup today
Old 03-27-2021, 11:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day ten.

Just had my morning meditation. It sucked. Couldn't get into it. I'll try again later and see if it'll be better.

Going to have breakfast shortly and go for a short walk.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Well done on 10 days Freedomfries. I struggle with meditation too. I did some yoga this morning though
Old 03-28-2021, 12:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Went for a 3km walk. Weather is miserable but good to get out of the house.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Well done on 10 days Freedomfries. I struggle with meditation too. I did some yoga this morning though
I'd love to do some yoga once my hand heals. Reapplying the bandage shortly so I'll see how it's doing. It's pretty sore though.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I went for a walk too but it was so hot I only went for about 20 minutes.
I hope your hand heals quickly Freedom.
I find yoga really useful, kind of like an active meditation.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Changed my bandage. It looks pretty rough but seems to be healing slowly. I guess it'll be a few weeks.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi All Hanging in there trying to practice good self care and slow down. Who knew staying mentally healthy and in a good "head space" would be so hard . AV kicks up like a regularly scheduled program (I need a drink, I can have just 1, If only I could just learn how to moderate). Lies. All lies. Then cue the shame spiral of all the shi**y things I've done while drunk (driving, drunk texting, raging like mad woman who should be locked up-I even showed up to rehab drunk). I'm very lucky nothing bad has ever happened to me or anyone else because of my drinking. I'm ashamed to admit these things but I think it's important to be honest with myself and y'all. Even though staying sober feels really crappy right now.....I know this is the best version of me. Hopefully my body & mind will follow suit and with time it will get easier and I'll be able to replace my old nightmare existence with better memories of good choices and being my authentic self.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-28-2021, 09:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hopefully my body & mind will follow suit and with time it will get easier and I'll be able to replace my old nightmare existence with better memories of good choices and being my authentic self.

You wiII.
And you are.

I know for me one of the hardest parts when I finaIIy got sober for any Iength of time is that I couId remember aII of the crappy/drunk thinks I did, and I aIso had a Iot of shame. And just as you said, every day of Iiving a better Iife puts tht shame further behind us. s
Old 03-28-2021, 01:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Simplicity, I hear you. Some days are so hard to get through sober. And being mentally healthy? I often think I’ve forgotten what that is... the struggle is real. And the AV will use any weakness to try and sneak it’s way in and convince us that a drink is the answer. But drinking is what has caused all the problems in the first place, and drinking won’t help, only make things worse. As you said, with time, it will get easier. So we hang in there, one day at a time. And with the support of the wonderful people here, like Suze and Dee and so many others, we’ll get there, to some kind of peaceful existence. And maybe some joy too. One day at a time ❤️
Old 03-28-2021, 08:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning. It's day 11.

Going to meditate for half an hour then head for a run at 6am.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Good morning. It's day 11.

Going to meditate for half an hour then head for a run at 6am.
I fell asleep and I'm too anxious to go for runs later in the morning. Bit disappointed.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

venuscat-Thank you for all the kind words & the sober recovery support over the years that I have struggled. You make me smile and feel welcome here, defects and all.

Willow- Thank you as well. This whole going sober is great for mornings with no hangovers and lonely for the majority of the day. Knowing that I'm not going it alone and others understand and are fighting the same battle gives me strength and hope.

Insomnia has set in here. It's 3:34am my time and I have school in a couple of hours. I know my body will fall in line eventually. So here's to another day sober..........even if it starts wayyyy too early!
Happy Monday All!
Old 03-29-2021, 02:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

The last few days I’ve really been struggling, but I am drawing to the end of day 14. Which makes 2 weeks sober! Yippee
Old 03-29-2021, 02:28 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
The last few days I’ve really been struggling, but I am drawing to the end of day 14. Which makes 2 weeks sober! Yippee
Congrats on two weeks. Here's to two more.
Old 03-29-2021, 02:41 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Congrats on two weeks. Here's to two more.
Thanks Freedomfries
Old 03-29-2021, 04:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Awake at 3.30am and then schooI a bit Iater......sigh.....that is not fun.
But you are doing it SimpIicity.

And weII done FF and WiIIow!! s

Old 03-29-2021, 04:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi guys, hope I can join you - just in under the wire for March.

Day 1 for me, my drinking has rapidly escalated during lockdown. I think I've finally come to the realisation that this will take my life if I don't take action and stand up against it. I'll be staying close to SR and working on my recovery plan today. SR has helped me clock up alot of sober days in the past and I know it will again.

So glad to have you all.