SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2020 part 13 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452839-class-may-2020-part-13-a.html)

Dee74 03-10-2021 07:30 PM

Class of May 2020 part 13

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-12-a-20.html

D

Willow00 03-10-2021 09:05 PM

Thanks Dee :)

TiredCarpenter 03-10-2021 11:26 PM

Thanks for the love and support.

I’ll stay in touch.

Dee74 03-10-2021 11:54 PM

I hope you do more than that TC. Stop beating yourself up with more booze.

D

Willow00 03-11-2021 01:20 AM

It was touch and go on the way home tonight, but I made it home and resisted temptation to give into the AV’s pleas of “you can start again tomorrow “. Nope today is day 1 and it’s 7.17pm and I’ve had dinner alcohol free. And dessert, so the cravings have passed, thankfully. Day 1 is always stupidly hard. I should not have given in, because after so many muck ups, I know how hard it is to stop again, but I made it through, and am going to have an early night. Tomorrow will be easier.

Please stay close TC ❤️

Dee74 03-11-2021 01:30 AM

Congrats on day one, Willow :)

D

Willow00 03-11-2021 01:48 AM

Thanks Dee :)
I know that I find day 1 the hardest. It’s stupid that I’ve given into the AV so many times after a period of abstinence, knowing deep down that stopping again is so hard! Staying stopped is not easy, but I think it’s harder to stop again after drinking again. And I know it gets easier to resist the AV the longer we stay sober. So I need to work on staying stopped this time!
Phew. I’m off to bed. Night everyone :wavey:

venuscat 03-11-2021 04:54 AM

Hope ~ I am worried about you being in that situation. :hug: s
If I was you, I wouId caImIy teII your friend that she needs to stop drinking during the day and get the packing done.
That you are not going to heIp her if she insists on getting drunk every morning.
But then I am an Aussie and we tend to be a bit more bIunt. :hug: s

WeII done WiIIow honey!!!! :) :hug: s

And TC ~ see what drinking does? It took you away from us....your friends, your community....and we care about you and as Hope said we NEED you.....come back to us. Just tip the damn booze down the sink, wash your face and start over. :hug: s

HopefulYear777 03-11-2021 06:28 AM

Thank you Venus. I am not ready to confront her. She'll just turn on me and I don't want our friendship to end this way. I woke up exhausted. Didn't sleep well last night. I told my hubby I'm taking the day off today. I'm not doing anything. Whole nine yards. I'm staying in my pajamas.
Willow I'm hoping your day two will be peaceful and easier.
TC, I have a good feeling you've put the bottle down and are a few hours sober. I know it will be crappy but you can do it. Please let us know. We care so much about you. You have to drive the ampicar.
Typing on my phone. In bed. Sipping my coffee. Did I mention I'm not doing anything today?
hope

HopefulYear777 03-11-2021 10:11 AM

Omg. Miserable with allergies today. So congested. Hubby just went and got me a different allergy medication. I'm not stepping outside today. Everything is covered in yellow pollen. So yucky and no sign of rain all week.

venuscat 03-11-2021 11:04 AM

(((Hope))) ❤️

Willow00 03-11-2021 01:14 PM

((((Hope)))) I was hoping you would have a lovely restful day in bed, but allergies, yuk! I hope you get some relief soon :hug:

TC I agree with Hope & Suze, we care about you and need you here with us ❤️

Sending out love to Karen too ❤️

venuscat 03-11-2021 01:15 PM

Karen couId do with our Iove guys ~ she is having a rough time. I know she desperateIy wants to come back ❤️

Dee74 03-11-2021 02:20 PM

I hope you can come back and post Karen :)

I hope tomorrow is better for you too Hope. With your friend - strong boundaries are needed if you're going to continue to interact.
Stay afloat and do not let someone else pull you down.

Hope you're thinking about that day one TC.

D

Willow00 03-11-2021 02:44 PM

Hope, I agree 100% with Dee. Be very careful interacting with your friend. I allowed myself to get drawn into “sympathy” drinking with my friend, and it’s so hard to stop again. The AV gets it’s claws in and tries to keep you in it’s clutches.
Day 2 and I’m a bit headachey but I’m clearer than I’ve been lately.

TiredCarpenter 03-11-2021 05:49 PM

Stick to it Willow. Much love.

Dee I really like your signature. Kindness and softness are totally fine.

Willow00 03-11-2021 06:20 PM

Glad you’re still around TC :hug:
The AV is being really painful today :(
I have to keep booting it out of my thoughts. It’s like being a split personality :scared:

TiredCarpenter 03-12-2021 06:04 AM

The AV is tough for the first couple of weeks. I find that it really weakens at the three week mark. (For me anyway)

Have a good day, all!

venuscat 03-12-2021 06:07 AM

Good morning TC :) :hug: s xx

HopefulYear777 03-12-2021 09:33 AM

TC- It's so good to see you here. You can do this.
Willow- I'm happy you are kicking AV's butt! I have avoided my friend yesterday and am doing so again today. I literally can't take the pollen outside so I'm staying in. Not much I can do. I'm helping her with online stuff. Allergies are a bit better today. But then again, I haven't stepped outside- even for the mail.
Karen- you know how much I think of you. You are a wonderful inspiration and great friend. When you are ready, I look forward to your return. Huge hugs to you.
Hubby is going for first shot in a little while. Have a good day all.
Hope