Notices

Class of May 2020 part 13

Old 03-19-2021, 04:49 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
Feeling like a failure here. How quickly the tides change and how quickly we can fall.
I started a letter to my friend today. I wanted to express my feelings about her actions and so forth. Then, I went to the grocery store to get ingredients for soup. The butcher had to prep the bones I ordered. Before I knew it, I had wine in my basket.

I got home and sent my nicely composed letter to my friend/neighbor. And before I knew it, I had opened the bottle of wine and was in a full on argument with someone that I really don't need in my life.

Hoping to get back on the right path tomorrow.
Hope
This was aIways the worry here.....that this situation wouId push you too far Iove.
And I am so sorry that it did.

So now....Hope comes first. s

And re the Ietter ~ in my gut I don't think that wiII end weII.
I wouId Ieave it.
Your friends are grown ups and they can manage on their own.
And if they can't, then they wiII have to organise heIp from officiaI channeIs. xxxx

With you every step honey.....onward together.....aIways s ❤️❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 07:18 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Free.

Morning check in. Feeling human. Shaved and preened, looking more presentable.

Shaky hands still and rough guts, but getting better.

Hold fast to what goodness there is my friends.

Today I’ll give up the one thing, for everything. - [Willow.]

Old 03-19-2021, 07:23 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning dear TC! s ❤️❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 09:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Sorry to let you all and myself down. Goal is to stay sober today. Just had some broth that I made along with a green drink. I didn't mention that another thing that has been weighing on me over the past week is that my mother has not been doing well. I'm trying to get my second dose and wait the required time after before I go see her. I have an extreme fear that she will die before I get to see her. Not that she is in that condition but still- not good. Another reason the attack from my friend was so bad. She knows that my mother is not doing well. She asked me before she had her tirade.
Venus- You were right. It happened. The letter I mentioned was actually a very long text that I sent her. She responded just the way I thought she would. She denied doing anything wrong and I took it all the wrong way. I told her exactly how I feel. Not sure if I will see her before they move out. I really wanted it to all end peacefully. She just pushed me to the point I couldn't take it.
Anyway- wishing you all a lovely sober day.
Hope
Old 03-19-2021, 09:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You can't deaI with drunk peopIe....weII I know I can't. You tried Hope, that's aII you can do. s ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 03:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hope, don’t beat yourself up, and you haven’t let us down at all. We get it, truly we do As Suze said, you tried. And it’s ok. Just let the pieces fall the way they will. It will turn out ok in the end. As Dee says, “Everything will be ok. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end”.
Just focus on yourself and your health and your sobriety. We’re here for you x

I’m giving up the one thing too TC. For everything.

Today is day 5. I have to do the grocery shopping, and I intend to not go anywhere near the liquor store. I’m going to treat myself so something nice from the soft drink aisle, perhaps a flavoured sparkling water, something different than what I usually drink (lemon &/or ginger).

Stick close guys, post whenever you feel tempted by the AV monster. Don’t let it get it’s claws into you.

Sending you all hugs of support
Old 03-19-2021, 04:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Enjoy your day dear WiIIow. s ❤️
Old 03-19-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

The struggle is very real and there are so many aspects of it that you don't anticipate coming your way.

Today, my plan was to not do very much. I planned a pajama day. By that I mean, I stayed in my pajamas all day. I took a bath early and changed into more pajamas. I knew if I stayed home, I could stay sober. Not that I couldn't order wine from a delivery service but it didn't seem tempting.
I really really hate that feeling of waking up early with that nasty hangover feeling. I am looking forward to waking up normal tomorrow.
TC- How are you doing? Better physically?
Willow- I hope you are have an easy day of it. You are probably off to another excursion in the bush this weekend.
Happy Friday everyone. Stay sober.
Hope
Old 03-19-2021, 06:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Free.

47 hours sober.
Feeling well. Been drinking fruit juices. Hands are much more steady.
I hope that sleep is better tonight.

Had auditory hallucinations (again) and night sweats last night.

Really happy to be free of it.

Old 03-19-2021, 08:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hope & TC, hang in there, you know it gets easier and better

Hope, a pajama day is the best idea. I love that you’re being gentle on yourself
We didn’t go bush this weekend, but I got some more supplies for our camping trip at Easter. We’ll probably stay home next weekend too, and go camping for 4 days over Easter.

TC I hope you get a better sleep tonight too. The first few days were awful sleep-wise for me. I slept better last night and woke up this morning feeling fairly bright, which was really nice

I’ve been grocery shopping and have put it all away. I bought some non alcoholic ginger beer as a treat. I’m having one right now and it’s yummy
Old 03-19-2021, 08:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Free.

Glad you’re feeling good Willow. My treat today was vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce.

Have a good night (day) everyone!

Old 03-19-2021, 10:50 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
nmd

Sorry to hear so many of us struggling, but I'm glad you're still here TC, Hope and Willow. I've been there
before, the best thing I ever did was to fight to get back on track. Sending my support

I did what a bored person does a couple weeks ago and bought six more chickens, so now we have 12. It's still pretty cold here, so the chicks are in a dog crate in the back hall of my house with a heat lamp making
one hell of a mess. I'm hoping for some warm daytime weather so I can get them out for a little bit at least. They are growing fast, so should be ready to go in the coop in a couple weeks. (picture attached of them a week or two ago)

I've been having trouble sleeping through the night lately, waking up around 2am and having trouble falling
back asleep. It's getting (literally) exhausting, but I'm managing. I'm still less tired during the day than when I was drinking. I might need adjustments to my cpap. It's a lifesaver, but I think the pressure might be too low. I've been procrastinating making the phone call though to get an appointment.

Sorry it's been a while, have a good night all

Last edited by nmd; 10-02-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2021, 12:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yum, vanilla icecream is my favourite TC and chocolate sauce is a bonus!

nmd those chickys are super cute! I hope it warms up soon. We have a couple of chickens, I love watching them cluck around the yard, and the eggs are very much appreciated too. I hope you get your sleep sorted out soon.

I went for a walk on the beach this afternoon, it was pretty hot, but good exercise, although I only went for about a half hour walk. Too hot and not much energy. Home now, and thinking about takeaway for dinner so I don’t have to cook
Old 03-20-2021, 05:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

AdorabIe chicks nmd. s
Hope it warms up there.

And happy to see you guys smiIing again WiIIow and TC!! s
Old 03-20-2021, 04:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Willow- I just saw your post about buying something special at the grocery store. I guess great minds think alike. I went today because I had to. I was out of coffee creamer. So I threw in a couple of new flavored ones. I also found some of my favorite tea that I enjoy cold. I didn't linger too long. Get in - get out. Avoid wine aisle. Mission accomplished. Congrats on day 6!
NMD- the chicks are so cute!
TC- you must be on day three. Hoping it's an easy day.
Hi Venus, Dee, WL.
Got a pretty good nights sleep. I haven't slept well since the time changed. I like going to sleep around midnight and it had been an hour off for the past week. For whatever reason that throws me off. I need my sleep! Hoping to be back on schedule. I envy people that can just sleep through the whole night without waking. It doesn't matter if I'm sober or drinking, my body seems to always wake at a certain point. I've learned to deal with it and take it as a part of life. I usually put on a podcast and can fall back asleep.
Have a good sober Saturday all.
Hope
Old 03-20-2021, 04:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Free.

69 hours sober. I don’t count my chickens usually ‘til 72hrs sober. ( Risk of DT’s and various other drops off.)
I’m feeling well, and not worried, but you never know.

Was out doing some work in the yard today. It finally got pleasant here (11C).
The next few days are going to be cooler, will creep a bit above freezing at noon, then minus 6-10 at night. About seasonal for here I suppose.

I hope you all are having a peaceful, enjoyable weekend.

Old 03-20-2021, 04:45 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I can't post my pics in one more thread....Dee wiII murder me
Go check out my front garden in the 24 if you have time TC. xx

And I am counting your chickens.....gIad you are back with us. ❤️
Old 03-20-2021, 06:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Free.

You garden looks great Venus.
The warm sun against the bricks and the moist soil/plant smell must make for a beautiful environment there.

Old 03-20-2021, 07:06 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I’m glad you got yourself some special coffee and tea and also had a good sleep Hope, it really makes a difference!
I had a restless night and woke up all out of sorts this morning, but I’ve been out for a walk and am feeling a little more settled now. Just about to make something for lunch.

TC I think you’re doing great. And you’re nearly at 72hours! Which will mean you’re basically onto day 4! Which is really great Although 11C is “freezing” for here. It very rarely gets that cold, maybe 1 or 2 really cold nights in winter, if that. It got down to 8 and 10 for a couple of nights running a few years back, and that was the extent of our “winter”

Suze, your garden really is beautiful ❤️

How’re you going WL? Hope you’re ok. Are you able to go outside to go walking? Or is that not really possible or practical or safe where you live? I find walking helps me feel a bit better about things
Old 03-20-2021, 07:43 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Free.

72 hours sober. Hooray!!

G’night all.