Notices

Class of May 2020 part 13

Old 03-17-2021, 06:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Free.

Officially a day one today, but it feels more like day 2 or 3. I did that silly taper thing again. So had a couple on half cans of suds yesterday. I’d have half, put a lid on it then comeback to it in 1.5 or three hours.

Sober today.

Much going on with home and work. Wife is looking at apartments. Boss is investigating my terse emails again. I have to focus today and get on top of a couple of instructional tasks.

Stick to it everyone. Each sober day is a real blessing.
Maybe we can amass some sober time together. It feels good to have a bit of wellness creeping back in.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Not sure what you mean TC....is everything OK with your wife? s ❤️
Old 03-17-2021, 09:19 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

1 year ago today Toronto went on lockdown for the first time. I have not seen a single person i know this whole pandemic. I do have old friends to speak to over phone/text but it doesn't do much for the feelings of isolation and loneliness. I also chat with women from around the world on Tinder that i will never meet in person because I make sure they are on a different continent. They think I'm a professor of history or a doctor. They send me pictures of the food they are eating or the city they live in. I've learned all about Riga, Latvia, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Incheon , South Korea. They all like to practice their English so are delighted to talk to a Canadian.

3rd wave has begun here. The new variants are now predominant. I haven't shaved for 3 months. Never gone that long without shaving. Hope everyone is well.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:04 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good to see you TC and WL

TC I’m glad you’re still with us and on day 1. I’m on day 3. We can do this. I hope things are ok with your wife

WL I hope you can get out again soon and see real people. It’s good to have the ability to connect with people online, but I know it’s not the same as in person. Nothing wrong with not shaving for 3 months. Beards are great !

I have to get organised for work. I hope you all have a good day
Old 03-17-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi everyone
Just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone was doing. It sees like there have been some hiccups, some tough times, some times of great strength and some successes.
I'm still sober and still not smoking - there have been a few close moments, but I've managed to refrain from losing all I have gained.
Take care of yourselves - you have all helped me get to where I am now and I can only say thank you. It's not perfect, but it is better.
❤️
Old 03-17-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So good to see everyone today.
Coz- Happy when I see your starfish!
WL- Hang in there. I think they are finding that some of the vaccines are working well against the variants. Our numbers are going down and that is such a happy thing.
TC- Congrats on day one! Hang in there! Stay with us!
Willow- Speaking of friends. OMG. I am just absolutely furious as I type this. So my alcoholic friend that I have been helping for a few weeks calls me tonight and asks me to come over. Tells me she needs to ask me questions but in person so she can see my face. Asked me if I could come have half a glass of wine with her. I told her no. I told her I just got out of the bath and had allergies. I told her I could see her tomorrow. So before I get off the phone, she goes on this long tirade about me talking to her husband on the phone and him calling me for things. OMFG. My husband and I have been trying to help him with his application details because my friends husband is an idiot at tech stuff and doesn't have a computer. AND because my friend doesn't ever answer her phone because she is drunk all the time. And they have less than two weeks to be out and honestly don't know how they will do it. Here in my head, I was just thinking of staying sober and thinking that maybe she was going to ask to stay with us for a while after they lose their house. Nope, she was basically letting me know that she was jealous of me helping her husband and keep them from being homeless.
No good deed goes unpunished. I'll tell you that for sure. Sorry for the rant!

Hope - who dodged a big bullet by not going to her house.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

TC- I'm like Venus- I didn't understand about your wife. Did something happen?
Old 03-17-2021, 07:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Free.

Wife saw her lawyer today. We briefly discussed what a separation agreement would look like.
The things that alcohol delivers when you’re alcoholic.....

Old 03-17-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

TC- I'm so sorry. Sounds like you are going to have to fly right and show her you mean it. I wish you clear thoughts and an easy next few days of sobriety. I know it's so darned hard - especially when you are going through other bad stuff. We all know it will only make the bad worse. But you are strong. You will do it.
Hope
Old 03-17-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Free.

Glad you checked in Coz. You sound well.

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
. It's not perfect, but it is better.
Love this

Old 03-17-2021, 08:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Free.

Also......

Old 03-17-2021, 08:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredCarpenter View Post
Also......
Wait? That isn't a white towel is it? Because you are not throwing in the towel.
Hope
Old 03-18-2021, 12:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Free.

Hi Hope. No, that is me surrendering all the c#@p that’s been interfering with my wellness.
Let’s hope this works.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Your weIIness and your happiness TC. s
I am sorry about the Iawyer....hopefuIIy you can right the ship. s xx

Oh Hope ~ I hear you. I stiII think you shouId Ieave your friend to stew in her own juices. I know that is a bit mean, but that wouId be a dangerous situation for me. WeII done for standing firm. s

Hi Coz!!!!!! ❤️

Wasting ~ I say shave man, and be a new you for Spring. s

Old 03-18-2021, 10:35 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I would but barber shops are closed. I could do it myself but it would make a huge mess and clog the sink. I don't know how I'm going to make it to the end of this pandemic with sanity in intact.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Coz, lovely to see you
It’s not perfect but it’s better, that’s gold

Hope I’m SO glad you didn’t go to your friend’s house! Good call! I’m avoiding mine....

TC I’m sorry to hear about your your wife and really glad that the white flag is surrendering the c#@p and not throwing in the towel. I agree with Hope, you’re not throwing in the towel

WL I hope things open up around you soon, and you can get out and about again...

Friday morning here and I’m not working, but I have plenty to do today

Old 03-18-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I saw this on another thread recently and it really helped me to stay sober in a moment of extreme AV challenge. So I’m sharing it in case it’s helpful ❤️

We have a choice:

give up everything for one thing or give up one thing for everything"

I choose the latter, I will give up one thing, so I can have everything

Old 03-18-2021, 07:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Feeling like a failure here. How quickly the tides change and how quickly we can fall.
I started a letter to my friend today. I wanted to express my feelings about her actions and so forth. Then, I went to the grocery store to get ingredients for soup. The butcher had to prep the bones I ordered. Before I knew it, I had wine in my basket.

I got home and sent my nicely composed letter to my friend/neighbor. And before I knew it, I had opened the bottle of wine and was in a full on argument with someone that I really don't need in my life.

Hoping to get back on the right path tomorrow.
Hope
Old 03-18-2021, 08:24 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Free.

Oh Hope, sorry to hear that. Steer back to the path quickly. It is not worth the suffering.

Love the quote Willow. I took note of it.

Have a good night (day) all.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Big hugs Hope
The struggle is real. And we’re all in this together.
Sending you so much love and support. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get back on track. As TC said, it’s not worth it. Booze screws up our minds, our bodies and our lives.
We’re here for you xx