Notices

Class of February 2021 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-22-2021, 10:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That is fantastic Daria!!! So happy for you! ❤️❤️

GIad you are abIe to do a road trip Bodhi.....gosh that wouId be heaven right now, but I can see that FIorida might be a bit chaIIenging. Hope the rest of the trip is fantastic! s ❤️
Old 02-22-2021, 10:43 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Daria! Glad you are here, and congratulations!

Agreed, some sunshine and a road trip sound heavenly! Enjoy, Bodhi. I dream of having a winter home in a warm, beachy area someday. Better go buy my lottery tickets, lol.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Welcome Daria, I skulked all January on that thread invisibly - sorry to hear it's gone quiet. I must check it out.

Smiling at the references to warmth and sun - I love snow and winter - went to Florida once - nearly died of the heat. This was 1993 - being from UK, I asked the hotel receptionist for directions to walk to the shopping mall - she looked at me perplexed and offered to call a cab. Never saw a building or car more than 3 years old all the time we were there.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

well i ****** up, knew when started thinking about it and then hub asking u need anything from the shop is, hell yes. i think im going to take time out from joining groups for now, getting stupid thoughts and u all dont need this. thanks for all ur understanding. good job on many AF days x

night x
Old 02-22-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Afternoon / morning.....whatever,

Witching hour? Late afternoon any day of the week, from a bit earlier on those long interminable Saturdays. But, if already drinking, the concept of a particular starting time is no longer required.....one day just rolls on into the next and the supermarket carry bags of crushed empties just mount up. Appalling way to exist. You can't call it 'living'.
Anyway.
Sorry you effed up Erratic. I'm in no position to advise anything. Except maybe stay here and start over. Which is all any of us can do really.
Day 8 starting here.....did a week and a weekend, so that's something.
Later

Old 02-22-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
Afternoon / morning.....whatever,

Witching hour? Late afternoon any day of the week, from a bit earlier on those long interminable Saturdays. But, if already drinking, the concept of a particular starting time is no longer required.....one day just rolls on into the next and the supermarket carry bags of crushed empties just mount up. Appalling way to exist. You can't call it 'living'.
Anyway.
Sorry you effed up Erratic. I'm in no position to advise anything. Except maybe stay here and start over. Which is all any of us can do really.
Day 8 starting here.....did a week and a weekend, so that's something.
Later
same as you soda, witching hour is basically all day. But maybe worse at night. But even when I wasn’t in position I am now , with some actual sober days up, I found intense mental obsession would hit multiple times a day, if not all day. Day 3 begins with relative calm for me, just staying with that for now.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
well i fuked up, knew when started thinking about it and then hub asking u need anything from the shop is, hell yes. i think im going to take time out from joining groups for now, getting stupid thoughts and u all dont need this. thanks for all ur understanding. good job on many AF days x

night x
erratic, keep posting. There is no reason to stay away from support. Sometimes we have to fall down a lot before we get it. But just keep coming back, right?
Old 02-22-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Tanky,
One thing I like about sober is being free of that constant thinking, planning around getting alcohol, cycling the stores, getting it, getting rid of the empties, planning the time ahead, postponing other things to keep the time clear for when you were going to be incapacitated.
Its hard work. So much mental energy put into something that just amounts to less than nothing.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Erattic

don't think about what we need - think about what you need. People struggling, and us helping them, is exactly what SR is for, Turning your back on that could very well make things worse for you.

I think you need to use the groups here more, not less - and you need to post here before you drink not after.

I guarantee noone's tired of you - you posting your problems helps others too.

Stick around
D
Old 02-22-2021, 02:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is
welcome Daria

D
Old 02-22-2021, 03:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee, Erattic. Please keep posting. I’m sure a lot of us are having similar thoughts and it really helps to hear others stories.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning, your right everyone i actually need u more, sry for that post i just feel frustration with myself and yes dee its about what i need not what u all need. och well a new day. im sry i just find it hard to communicate with people sometimes which i then think im not wanted or needed, again hard to explain and ive just got a mixed up brain. i am even watching programs about people dying and all sorts of having liver disease to try and get me to stop the distruction of myself.

sry again for the drama of my last post x
Old 02-22-2021, 11:56 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's no problem erratic - glad you are staying

D
Old 02-23-2021, 12:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

morning, your right everyone i actually need u more, sry for that post i just feel frustration with myself and yes dee its about what i need not what u all need. och well a new day. im sry i just find it hard to communicate with people sometimes which i then think im not wanted or needed, again hard to explain and ive just got a mixed up brain. i am even watching programs about people dying and all sorts of having liver disease to try and get me to stop the distruction of myself.

So glad you're still here Erratic. Im sure you like all of us know why you're here reading and posting. We all want to stop and its far from easy but it helps to know you're not alone in this. I know i would never have gotten this far without everyone here. I know everyone here understands the struggles, I've always tried on my own to stop and couldn't do it. Hopefully this time is different, i feel in my bones this time is different and i put it down to being here. Stay strong.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:27 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

im watching this to see if this shocks me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIFGWUb0ynk
Old 02-23-2021, 04:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

So many good threads to read, lots of insights and progress even with the challenges. Stay here Erratic. It does help to "talk" or write it out. You get to see the truth a little clearer and find new ideas for moving ahead. I'm curious about your spouse buying for you and what that means for you.

I survived my last Monday in February. I did have a serious case of the "F-its" yesterday. I went to work, I ate dinner and I went to sleep right after and I am very relieved I didn't give in. I realized "F-its" doesn't even feel like AV thoughts it's a whole mood of nothing matters so what the hell... And yet, I did play the tape forward. I wouldn't be able to sleep, the next day would be even worse and The Mood would continue. Yikes.

So I woke up a little brighter. Today and the rest of the week it's snow-melting weather with some higher temps. A few weeks ago I gave myself 2 incentives to stay sober this month. I want to go to IKEA (don't laugh), after I finish this month. I also want to plan a summer trip. After February. After February. AF. AF. AF.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am not Iaughing....I wouId aIso Iove to go to Ikea.

So gIad to see you Erratic.
This is such a IoveIy group ~ onwards together Februbuddies. s ❤️
Old 02-23-2021, 06:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks silversky and im glad you got your last monday sober and hey i like ikea also x i used to before was save my money from what i drank, guess its time to do that again x love also what u said about the F-its x thanks venus x also glad your brighter this morn silver x its raining here and dark x
Old 02-23-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

At least 8 more weeks lockdown announced here. As mother says "Twould drive yea to drink" but i wont.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Glad you are staying! We want you here,