Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 6

Old 02-08-2021, 02:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
RAL

hi all

congrats on a month bob

congrats on 26 days tanky great result. so glad to read your sleep is also improving and the meds are kicking in Re light lamps it's one of those tiny desk things not a full sunbed. no harmful rays. oh going back 25 -30 years used to use the sunbeds regularly. shiver thinking of how dangerous they are now!

lixie-great to see you

zura-I echo what tanky says -your heart belongs with us seriously though I hope Feb are a great group

hi chancellor

Hey venus-hope you are ok.xx

been at work today good day. feel so much more full of energy. booked a holiday for june lol. If it doesn't go ahead I will get a full refund so I have something to look forward to and not to worry if we are still locked up! I know I am crazy but hey this situation is making us all a little crazy.

Take care all.xx
Old 02-08-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
awww shucks guys 🥰
That's really kind of all too say. One of the core things that led me to alcoholism (aside trauma) was never fitting in or belonging and the magnitude of lonliness that brings. But I feel at home with y'all here.

Elly - I'm sorry you were feeling down hoping it has gotten better for you xxoo

RAL - I'm glad your finding ways to help yourself. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you holiday
Lixie - I'm sorry things are hard right now, thinking of you.

Venus - love to you too hun xxoo ❤️

Tanky - your cake comment made me giggle.

Having a down day too, but thinking of you all and wishing you all a wonderful day xxoo
Old 02-08-2021, 02:38 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

More Iove dear Zura. s ❤️

And goodnight dear RaI s ❤️
Old 02-08-2021, 02:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

RAL It’s crazy the things that are sold out right now, isn’t it? First it was hand weights, now blow up hot tubs....

Lixie, hope you are feeling a bit better. Make sure you aren’t piling on more stuff with your own negative thoughts.

Zura, are you going to stay with us? I hope so!

Mini heat wave is over, though it’s definitely warmer than in more northern climes. Our heaters are still not working in most of the house. Hopefully soon they will be fixed.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Heat wave you say....where.....I am so coId
Huge hugs EIIy Iove ❤️
Old 02-08-2021, 03:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Elly - yes I'm staying put ☺️ with you all the way
Old 02-08-2021, 04:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
RAL

what is a heatwave lol
Old 02-08-2021, 09:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Lixie— I missed the electric car ad the first time... it was pretty funny! I don’t know how well GM will do though, with electric cars. Most of e e-cars around here are Teslas. We actually have a Tesla 3 !
Old 02-08-2021, 11:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by EllyB View Post
Lixie— I missed the electric car ad the first time... it was pretty funny! I don’t know how well GM will do though, with electric cars. Most of e e-cars around here are Teslas. We actually have a Tesla 3 !
We have a Nissan Leaf. Love electric cars! Or, most of the time I love them. Now that we have this cold weather it is not the most reliable car to have.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Had a really close call yesterday. I was struggling with negative emotions and wanted to drink so badly without knowing why, and my partner challenged me to find out what was behind those emotions. So, I had to do some soul searching, and I think it was because I asked someone to step away. I hate confrontations and unpleasant situations, and I'm not used to put myself and my needs first. So I think that was it. I was THIS close to drinking last night, but I didn't. So happy about this today.

How is everyone else?
Old 02-09-2021, 01:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
RAL

Morning all

Great result Lixie-well done on getting through. The more we have situations like that and get through the easier it seems to be. For me acceptance is key. I tell myself that feeling like that is normal but it will pass.

Elly-it is indeed crazy the things that are sold out!

Zura-sorry to hear your day was not a good one. I hope you are sleeping peacefulyl now and tomorrow is much improved for you.

WFH today. plenty to do. Going to go on a long walk with Jr RAL as it is sunny although still freezing. Eagerly awaiting snow whihch will never arrive!
Take care all.x
Old 02-09-2021, 03:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Lixie - so brilliantly done getting through that. Sounds like it was close. Know the feeling well. 😂 but even better still that you were able to pause and think through the emotional stuff that led up to it, as well.

Morning dear RAL, walk sounds lovely.

Seems like a few of us are a bit on the down scales at the moment. (((Hugs))) to all that need.

I had another day of sobriety in which I failed to go to work , due to depression and not being able to get out of my own way until about 1pm. It seems a bit shizz to me that I am continuing some of the absenteeism that was the pattern of my drinking days into sobriety, but I guess it is what it is. Trying not to beat myself up about it.

I just read a very long older thread on here that I really kinda wish I had not accidentally come across. But was like watching a slow motion train wreck. Couldn’t stop once I started. Found it quite triggering because of repeated detailed descriptions of drug and alcohol use and also a handbook on how to go to AA meetings without ever doing AA at all. But just sitting with that and not acting on it.

Hope to wake up and get back on the horse and into the office tomorrow.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

So sorry to hear that, Tanky. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Got a text just now, I have an appointment with a therapist in one month. I had wished it would be sooner, I'm a bit scared about the long wait. But, I just have to do good things and think good thoughts and do some painting in the mean time.

How is everyone else?
Old 02-09-2021, 05:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I Iearned something from my mum that stiII heIps me now.

No matter what ~ get out of bed.
Of course within reason....there are exceptions.
But not many.

That was her way.
And when I was so iII with major depression years ago, it saved me.

Hoping you can sIeep dear Tanky and sending Iove. s ❤️❤️
Old 02-09-2021, 08:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good Morning All
Elly - hope you stay warm until your heaters get fixed
Venus - sending you warm hugs ❤️

Lixie - so glad you made it through that tough craving 😊

RAL - hope you enjoy your walk with JR RAL 😊

Tanky - it must be frustrating to feel like things aren't improving, but please be gentle on yourself. I hope it all levels out for you soon xxoo
Didn't wake up in a funk today which is a good sign for the day. Always lots to do so fingers crossed for a productive day. Hope everyone is doing well xxoo
Old 02-09-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hope you have a wonderfuI day dearest Zura s ❤️
Old 02-09-2021, 10:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I hope you have that productive day, Zura.

So many good things happened today! I managed to finish painting the bathroom, I had an appointment with the headmaster of the local school to be a substitute teacher (where she said that I made a really good first impression) and I got to buy seedlings from our local gardening shop. And, I made delicious fish soup for dinner. Yum!
Old 02-09-2021, 11:10 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

That is wonderfuI honey.....aII of it!!! ❤️
Old 02-09-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I Iearned something from my mum that stiII heIps me now.

No matter what ~ get out of bed.
Of course within reason....there are exceptions.
But not many.

That was her way.
And when I was so iII with major depression years ago, it saved me.

Hoping you can sIeep dear Tanky and sending Iove. s ❤️❤️
yeah, I get that. And I did get out of bed, Venus . Just not much more than that. Some days are better than others like that.

I did actually go to a new face-to-face meeting last night. It has just switched back to face to face from zoom, so made sure I went, regardless .

It was huge compared to other one that I have been able to attend. And full of these young people who became sober at like 23-24. Impressive , but also very hard for me to find those similarities. Was hoping to find a sponsor there so my friend can be off the hook, but I really don’t think a kid in their 20s is going to be best fit.

A couple of them were counsellors and made me wonder about how hard it must be for them to establish a therapeutic relationship with people , when they are so young and only just completed studies. Like dealing with all the complexities of peoples lives when you have maybe never even had a relationship, or lost a job, or really been tested in any of the ways life does, etc. Glad I didn’t try to do my job back then.

Old 02-09-2021, 12:34 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
I hope you have that productive day, Zura.

So many good things happened today! I managed to finish painting the bathroom, I had an appointment with the headmaster of the local school to be a substitute teacher (where she said that I made a really good first impression) and I got to buy seedlings from our local gardening shop. And, I made delicious fish soup for dinner. Yum!
this is awesome, lixie!! I can imagine what an awesome teacher you would be. So great that you are doing so many things. Painting, gardening , cooking and job interviews! Smashing it, hon. 👍