Notices

One Year & Over Part 79

Old 01-31-2021, 06:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I was able to make it into the office, despite the winter storm. We have about 8 inches of wet, heavy snow. I shoveled out the end of the driveway at my apartment complex and the neighbors were happy they could get out of the lot and I worked up a nice sweat. I got behind a big snowplow for most of the drive in, which was nice. We may get a couple more inches, but the heavy stuff appears to be done.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 01-31-2021, 03:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good Sunday evening all.

It sounds like all of you in Eastern US are getting pummeled with snow. We are sad that the storm passed us by. We really need the moisture here. You all in the storm might not be very happy. Stay safe and warm.

I did manage to get a pile of photos, that had been on the desk for a few years, sorted and put away. Yeahaw. I often feel the piles around here are coming to get me. Yesterday, I put the Christmas Decorations put away. Small victories here and I will take any I can get.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

lost my post, so another quick one.

Mags - couldn’t have said it better myself, and right back at ya!

Bekind - rallying to get the motivation to do those type of task is hard. I call them ‘projects’ - which is anything that I don’t really want to do but should, and make myself do 3 a day. I feel accomplished once I’m done, and I like checking them off and seeing the big list of numbered projects that I’ve crossed off by the end of the week

FBL - nice work! I’m sure so many people are grateful. My mommy board is full of moms going into early labor and not sure how to clear the snow to get to the hospital.

Part 2 in a moment...
Old 01-31-2021, 11:00 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:03 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

SE, glad you’re thinking ahead and preparing for your hospital stay.

Sassy, that’s good you’ll soon be fully covered. What a relief. Over here we have the second vaccine 12 weeks later now instead of 3, they’re trying to vaccinate more people with the first one to give some defence against the virus. But that’s good.

FBL, sounds like your new regime has given you more zest and energy..

Have a good Monday my friends. Be safe. Take care. xxxx
Old 02-01-2021, 04:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

We ended up with about 10 inches of snow yesterday. I got back to my apartment complex just fine. I thought for sure they would have the parking lot plowed out and it looked pretty good going in, then I quickly realized that they hadn't plowed it out at all. As I tried to turn around, wouldn't you know it, I got stuck but good. One of my neighbors saw me struggling and came out to help dig me out so I could park on the street. About an hour later the plow finally came thru. I guess I had some good karma built up from earlier in the day.

Have a Magnificent Monday, overs!
Old 02-01-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs!

Bekind and SE, I hate to tell you - I still deal with those “projects” and, at least for me, they aren’t getting any easier to finish

Have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 02-01-2021, 02:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Sassy, I so understand why people have piles of stuff around specially as we get older; it is kind of a wrench to get rid of things. I started to go through my parents' rolodex (who uses a rolodex anymore). There were so many people who had passed whose addresses were written in my mother's handwriting. I chucked a few and then quit. It is just stuff. Getting rid of it doesn't diminish my Mom's life in anyway. It is just another tiny step in watching my mom's life fade into the past. In this task, I understood sand paintings and why it is good practice to deliberately make something beautiful and then watch it blow away. This is life.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

The ‘stuff’ transition is emotionally hard to do - we are doing it with my grandmother’s items now. She actually cleaned out most of her belongings before she passed and now I understand why - she did that role with her own family once upon a time....

I’m having a bit of light ‘what the heck have I done’ moment with baby #2s pending arrival. In the past few months baby K has become a lot easier to raise - I can just now feel like I can take a quick shower and she will play calmly, she can fall asleep by herself, and I’m able to wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee on my own before she gets up - it’s a mental release from 24/7 always being on.

Now that I’m getting breaks, I’m like “why did I chose to go back to the crazy again?!?!? Why?!?!?!!?

It will be all good. I just have to laugh at myself and my excellent planning to just get a taste of relaxation, and then give it up again. Doh!!!!

Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It IS aII good darIing Serene.
I promise. s ❤️❤️
Old 02-01-2021, 11:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Thinking of our east coast contingent.Is that only Sassy now?

Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:02 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Just hope it doesn't ship over here in a fortnight like it often does Andy!

hoping to get on the course today, had to miss yesterday for snow and tomorrow looks like a nasty day.

I have many projects large and small accumulating dust just now. My mum had a massive clear out after dad died, not just his stuff but hers as well. Said she didn't want us to have to deal, with it all! She's even arranged her own funeral now.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:43 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

SE, it’s good to have your children close together I’m told. And it won’t be long before Baby K is bringing you a cuppa in bed on her way to work.

toots, my in-laws have arranged their funerals too, and told both sons where the paperwork is. Though they say they’re leaving an attic full of junk for us to sort out. They don’t know what an attic full of junk is, their attic is like Marks and Spencer’s whereas ours is like the bargain shop...crammed full!

We've got wind and snow this morning and it’s settled, not deep though. The little birds have come to the tree to feed, along with the squirrel and a few pheasants, they eat what the birds drop. we’ve a lot of blackbirds too, this year for some reason.

I pulled my back just a while ago standing up to go make a cuppa. The pain led to an asthma attack, which was funny really because I couldn’t rush to get my inhaler. One of the times it’s good to keep calm. Asthma ok now after a few puffs intermittently of my inhaler and rest, I’ve sprayed Zen on my back, hopefully it will help.

Have a good Tuesday my friends, be safe. xxxx
Old 02-02-2021, 12:48 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your back is better tomorrow Mags

D
Old 02-02-2021, 02:59 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

hi all
Old 02-02-2021, 05:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I am done with winter myself. Blah

We got the puppies about 5 months ago and were told they were part chihuahua and part dachshund.
I don't see much dachshund in them but alas! He is a Hot dog 🔥 🐕 lol

[img][/img]
Old 02-02-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Fish

Hi PJ - how are things?

Mags, feel better!

Andy, that was me many years ago! Now I stay warm and snug inside while the guys they hire clean the snow away

Toots, hope you have a chance to get out on the course today.

Hi Suze!

SE, I think Mother Nature designed baby-making well. Let’s face it - without the rewards, if you map out what we go through to have them and raise them, the human race wouldn’t have made it!

Bekind, that’s a lovely way to think of it!

Hi Dee!

Have a good Tuesday, Overs

Old 02-02-2021, 06:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

HI Sass ❤️
Old 02-02-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

We got close to a foot of snow on my part of the East Coast. It sleeted for six plus hours, which cut down on the totals somewhat. Fifty miles from me got thirty plus inches. Made it home in my beater 17 year old front wheel drive Toyota Camry. It was a trooper. I may be the only American whom doesn't own an all wheel drive SUV of some sort. Even used ones are very expensive but maybe I will finally give in.

I hope the back is better Mags!

SE, I was born during a snow an ice storm in Philadelphia, and my parents took a taxi to the hospital. That story never gets old.

Have a good day all!

Old 02-02-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Fish I like the fire and the pups. I would think they make January and February more enjoyable.

The last few days I keep thinking it is one day further along in the calendar. Perhaps a bit of wishful thinking on my part. I probably shouldn't wish time away but I do look forward to Spring.

Today I hope to get some more tax papers organized, make sausage and sauerkraut for lunch and perhaps get outside. It is supposed to be unseasonably warm today.

The carpet cleaner is here so the apartment will be feeling a bit swampy for the rest of the day. Ah well. It will be nice to have clean carpets.

Keep shooting high all.