Notices

Class of January 2021 part three

Old 01-13-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yum stew sounds amazing.

Venus, oh good you have the good kosher salt!

B2G, this last year has been so tough and I think added a lot more issues to relationships in many situations. My ex-fiance moved out in Nov. of '19 and I had to buy him out from the house, but I was thankful he wasn't around in 2020 because we would have fought a lot. I really hope it works out for you.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
Morning.....
Depends what you're roasting I guess......lamb? beef?......do ppl eat lamb in the US? Rosemary the obvious one for lamb for us.....
I slice up potatoes into thick chips, put on a tray with plenty of olive or sesame oil....sprinkle with plenty of rough chopped rosemary and some cumin seeds. Makes a good chip.
That sounds great!! Are you located in the UK?

A lot of people eat Lamb here. I don't personally, I have never liked it but I know a lot of people that do.
Also chicken is a great roast as well.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Day13 done. Time for bed.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Well done Alba! Have a good sleep!
Old 01-13-2021, 02:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yay from me too and goodnight dear Alba. ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 02:53 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Staying committed to not drinking alcohol tonight. Having a sparkling La Croix instead. I repeated the serenity prayer at 5:00 pm and reminded myself how good it will feel to wake up without a hangover in the morning.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:17 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

almost at a full 2 weeks, 13 days is the best I’ve done since September so looking forward to getting past that mark.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:24 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going Rodyda ST54 and everyone else hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

D
Old 01-13-2021, 04:21 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rosegoldrose View Post
Yum stew sounds amazing.

Venus, oh good you have the good kosher salt!

B2G, this last year has been so tough and I think added a lot more issues to relationships in many situations. My ex-fiance moved out in Nov. of '19 and I had to buy him out from the house, but I was thankful he wasn't around in 2020 because we would have fought a lot. I really hope it works out for you.
thanks , ya 2020 and 24/7 time together has definitely taken is toll, throw in some alcohol, and my trying to quit drinking... It's been rough. He doesn't believe mental health/issues and this year has really amped up my anxiety. The doc and i had a plan, but he didn't want me taking any meds so he threw them out. My doc thought i was using alcohol to self medicate for my anxiety. (Duh, i knew that ) hopefully it works out, one way or another.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Yo! Checking in this evening. Another full day at work. Staring at a screen all day is not what i signed up for. Please let the vaccines get out and lets us get back to normal. By 5pm my head feels fried, plus so much sitting. My real job I am on my feet most of the day and I like it. Sitting in my basement typing away is not ideal.

Talked to my doctor today and gave me referrals for ultrasound and blood work. Plus we are going to do a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The endoscopy is what I am most looking forward to. (weird to say that) But it is true, lets see what is going on inside my upper GI tract. Its better to know and take action. By the time I get to have it I should have around a month sober time under my belt. If they find nothing, great. If they find something, I can work towards making it better. I have worried and worried about the state of my insides for so long. It will be a relief just to hear what it is.

And......I'm sober. Which is nice to type. So its only going to get better. I have been eating really healthy and drinking loads of tea. It must be doing something positive.

Day 19

Night Ya'll

Old 01-13-2021, 04:39 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Nite WB ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 05:14 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good evening! Day one for me and I am feeling strong. I am so happy to be part of this community.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome dear Hopeful! s ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good night WB and congrats on day 19!!

Welcome Hopeful! Pull up a chair and hang with us!

aw man, B2G, I'm sorry he threw out the meds...that could've helped you.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Have t had a chance to read everything in detail. I guess I’ll be a weekend warrior.

I have had a chance to see that lots are hitting high milestones in sobriety. Yay.

some are back to day one..... but you can’t have 1000 days unless you start with one. So.... first step in the right direction... just stay here and keep trying. YOU ARE WORTH IT.

the food talk is going on still. I saw garlic, and ginger and yum. I was crazy busy and got take out. Teenagers always love pizza... made life easier tonight.

I did play a quick game of basketball with my son. He’s 13. Not many more times he’s gonna want to play with mom. Gotta soak it up.

took my older daughter to the laundromat and picked up some groceries with her. In her first year of college. Weird how times when she was a baby flash through my head when I drop her off at her apartment. So bittersweet.

the middle one... 16 year old girl got home from practice/gym and ate everything in sight. I think I could just grab a shovel and poor i down her throat!!! She’s very athletic and strong. Aww...that’s what 16 looks like!

hubby is good on this side of cancer. Thankful he’s getting stronger everyday. I’m signed up for an early swim and gonna keep this sober train on the tracks.

feels good. The more I change up the routine after work.. breaking those old habits... honoring all of my hard work so far, the less of a grip that temptation has over me. I don’t want the illness that comes with alcohol and I don’t want to feel crappy physically or mentally.

Im wishing you all the strength to keep fighting for yourselves—to keep going. We are all so fragile right now... we can’t let out guards down. I’m not going to...

the only way to the other side is through.

goodnight Jans

❤️

Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Hopeful63

D
Old 01-13-2021, 07:10 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi all. Welcome Hopeful! Glad you’re here to join us.

BTG, that’s not right, your husband tossing your meds. Glad you got out in the fresh air with your boy, and away from the conflict for awhile.

I’ve had cravings to drink tonight, but had a good dinner to fill up, and had a little ice cream to help. It’s fine though because it’s just not an option.

I took a walk late this afternoon, and rode this elliptical thing we have in front of the TV. You just sit on a chair and pedal it, but, it’s better than sitting still all night.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
JJ9

13 Days down! 2 weeks tomorrow! Feels great!

Your fam sounds awesome BEELS!

Stay strong everyone, we can beat the beast. It will be sooooo worth it!
Old 01-13-2021, 09:16 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all, will just be a quck one as i have work this morn and just read through all the posts x
i am on day 2 again, but woke up this morning which i hope will carry through till tonight is i dont actually fancy a drink, kind of getting sick of it. so think i will just get past my 3 days which i get stuck on. sry prob not making much sense lol just on my first cup of tea this morn. anyway will leave it there and will try to get back on after work. x

have good day all x
Old 01-13-2021, 11:02 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Morning all!!

Welcome hopeful!! Keep coming we are a friendly bunch!!

B2g sorry hubby threw your meds. Thats not right. Im on meds for depression and anxiety. My partner thought it was all crap until his daughter was put on same meds im on! Now he realises they can be needed.

Erratic - i never make sense in the mornings!!! Coffee then i seem to be ok 😂

Well done to all on how many days you are on!! This journey isnt easy so be proud of yourselves!!

im on bus to work! Lets see if we can find missing van keys 😂😂 gonna be a fun day can feel it in my bones!

Day 3! Wherever we are on our journey we all had to start with a step. Just one!!

Have an awesome day Jannies xx