Notices

Class of January 2021 part three

Old 01-13-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AL48 View Post
Not sure if it will help but this time I wrote down exactly how felt the following morning last December 1st 2020. Before that I was constantly telling myself no more drinking, you could be sure that bottle of vodka was in my backpack on the way home every evening.
Now when temptation calls I look back on that note I wrote to remind myself what will be there tomorrow morning if I break.

Today was one of those days. Terrible day at work arguing with a colleague which I wont go into but definitely an excuse for the bottle before.
Now I'm sitting with a mint tea looking at my wonderful kids while we all ignore each other because we are on our mobile phones

So stay strong you will get there.
That is such a great idea, AL48! I love that. One of my big helpers too has been to picture the next morning and how I'll feel (disappointment, shame, etc). It's really helpful. I love the idea of a physical note as well to look upon when the urge hits. I hope things go better with the colleague and congrats on not drinking!!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rosegoldrose View Post
Congrats on day 19, Gabe! That's amazing!! I hope you get good rest.
THank you Rose 😊
Old 01-13-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey all!!

What a fun day at work. Lost keys to one of our vans. Really hoping i go in in morning and they are there!! Such fun if not!!!

Im on evening of day 3 and feeling good!!

Fishkiller - Well done on just under a year!! Thats so amazing!!!!

Scott - Well done on Day 10!! Your doing fab!!

Venus - Oh no to allergies!! I have issues with gluten so feel you here as so much contains it! I miss pizza too!!

Backtogood - so sorry to hear about you and hubby. We are here to support however we can

Rosegold - Well done on day 11!! Your doing great hon

AL48- Great idea on writing note to look back on. I know what you mean about kids, mobiles and ignoring each other

Sorry if ive missed anyone. Hope your all doing ok xx
Old 01-13-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AL48 View Post
Not sure if it will help but this time I wrote down exactly how felt the following morning last December 1st 2020. Before that I was constantly telling myself no more drinking, you could be sure that bottle of vodka was in my backpack on the way home every evening.
Now when temptation calls I look back on that note I wrote to remind myself what will be there tomorrow morning if I break.

Today was one of those days. Terrible day at work arguing with a colleague which I wont go into but definitely an excuse for the bottle before.
Now I'm sitting with a mint tea looking at my wonderful kids while we all ignore each other because we are on our mobile phones

So stay strong you will get there.
i really don't why, but when i started this sober journey (however bumpy lol) i have turned to hot tea during my drinking hours. Weird. Anyways, ya he's definitely in a mood, just left (kind of relieved) it's actually decent out so might take my son to the park or just out! It's funny that my hubby's biggest complaint (the reason he's being a douche) is that I've drank the last 2 days (not drunk, but sippin throughout) and i read a book yesterday, instead of doing stuff. But we aren't supposed to be out (lockdown) i did take my son on a walk/playdate and i legit just found 3 bottles of hidden vodka in the garage at different levels of fullness. But I've been trying to quit for a couple of months, even got 24 and 22 days in a row (yes that is an accomplishment) lol and he's had 2 days of not drinking since september. Arghhhhh! And now i know there's vodka in the garage on a crappy day.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gabe, I hope you feel better tomorrow. Congratulations on 19 days of sobriety.

AL, I'm glad you got through the problem at work without drinking. I think you will find that each time you do something like that, it becomes a little easier, and feels a little normal.

Rose, paying attention to triggers and to how you feel is the way to build on your sobriety. Great job on Day 11.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:31 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Day 19 today. Agitated and anxious most of the day. Not sure what's going on but I'm going to bed early and hoping for a better day tomorrow

Love to everyone ❤️

Well done on day 1!! Heres hoping a good night sleep settles agitation and anxiety x
Old 01-13-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Nothing but good comes from being sober.
I think this is a great statement Back2good. There is only an upside. Better days ahead.

I'm tired and also feel hung-over from poor sleep. The bathroom guy came back and completely re-did the tub caulking, no small task. It looks much better. A few more tweaks to go before I finally get a working bath again. Can't wait.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:41 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Silver, how frustrating with the crappy contractor! Glad he fixed some of it, and hope he makes right on all of it.

BTG, sorry for the marriage conflict. There’s a third wheel between you, alcohol. If both of you are drinking, and dislike that in each other, that’s rough to overcome. Focus on your recovery, and keep your eye on that. You’ll be a better mother for it too. I regret so much I wasn’t fully present for because of drinking, or because I felt crappy from it.

Venus, tell us the seasonings you like and can use, and we’ll get you a roast recipe! Are you wanting a pot roast(slow cooked and well done) or oven roast(cooked to your desired pinkness, and done in oven, rubbed with seasoning)?

Day 12! Feeling grateful for it today. I’m glad to be off that ride. Going to try to make it stick. Husband has drastically reduced his drinking too. He drank on the weekend, and maybe had a couple Monday. He had 1-2 last night, but, I let him know I was ok with it. I enjoyed the seltzer.

Plugging away at bits of tidying up. It’s never ending, especially after the holidays.

Our daughter is doing well in her apartment. She’s sending me some texts, and is busy studying for a test on Friday, which will put a wrap on her two winter classes. Her full, normal, Spring semester starts the first week of February, so she’ll have a few weeks off. She’s popping back home on Saturday for a day or so.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:03 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Day 19 today. Agitated and anxious most of the day. Not sure what's going on but I'm going to bed early and hoping for a better day tomorrow

Love to everyone ❤️
With you honey always. s
I hope tomorrow is better. xx ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Oh gosh phoebe.....kind of none....I can do salt and a bit of pepper. s

BTG honey ~ I know this has been a roller coaster for you with your hubby for ages now....and I know he does not make it easy.
I do think that you looking after you is the best way through.....get some sober time up and work out the best way forward for you and your son.
We are all on your side. s xx ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 12:07 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Glad your girl likes her new digs Phoebe love. ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Well, then, that makes for an easy recipe, right?
Old 01-13-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hopefully, most people just throw up their hands at me and give up. s
Old 01-13-2021, 01:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

There's something to be said for a good salt and pepper seasoning! It can work awfully good!! I love using kosher salt now (the diamond brand).
Old 01-13-2021, 01:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you Rosegold....I use kosher salt but had no idea which one to buy here so I got Morton. s xx

Nope....I have Diamond in the cupboard.
Maybe I have Morton salt.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

9.10pm early to bed tonight it's great naturally feeling tired with no chemicals to help me sleep 🙂 Goodnight everyone hope the rest of you day goes well.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning.....
Depends what you're roasting I guess......lamb? beef?......do ppl eat lamb in the US? Rosemary the obvious one for lamb for us.....
I slice up potatoes into thick chips, put on a tray with plenty of olive or sesame oil....sprinkle with plenty of rough chopped rosemary and some cumin seeds. Makes a good chip.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:26 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Simple food, perfectly cooked, has the best taste.

My beef stew recipe has water, flour, vegetable of choice (onion, celery, carrot, or swede/rutabaga), salt, pepper.
It's the long slow oven-cooking that brings out the delicious flavour.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

BTG honey ~ I know this has been a roller coaster for you with your hubby for ages now....and I know he does not make it easy.
I do think that you looking after you is the best way through.....get some sober time up and work out the best way forward for you and your son.
We are all on your side. s xx ❤️
thx V, yeah ever since our restaurant closed and we went from one full day off together to 24/7 together, and then coronavirus, and money stress, politics, riots, well, basically 2020 lol it has just been a nightmare. Then i decided to quit drinking and he was like, we talked about it but i didn't mean right now! And i was like we have been talking about it for 20 years lol. It is fine, it is more stressful than anything. I'm taking my son on a playdate, it is actually kinda sunny out, so we are going to run the boys for a bit
Old 01-13-2021, 01:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Simple food, perfectly cooked, has the best taste.

My beef stew recipe has water, flour, vegetable of choice (onion, celery, carrot, or swede/rutabaga), salt, pepper.
It's the long slow oven-cooking that brings out the delicious flavour.
that's what i love about stew/pot roast, the slow cooking, the smell that is amazing throughout the house