Notices

Class of January 2021 part three

Old 01-12-2021, 06:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Goodnight Whiskey & BEELs! I'm tired too and may call it an early night.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning all!

I was hoping i would have lasagne left over for my lunch but no it was completely devoured 😂😂 ooooo roast recipes sounds fab!!

Rose - fab idea on not cooking. I would live that 😂

James - sorry to hear about your brother. I hope your daughter settles into her independant living place. Its hard when so many things are going on but just keep at it one day at a time!

Im on day 3. Drinking more water and trying eat better as i know that makes me feel better. I have a gluten sensitivity so if i eat it i make myself ill then i feel sorry for myself then i drink! Easy cycle to get in eh! So im with you Rodyda on the healthier eating and trying to stop the junk! When your jeans dont fit! Argh!!!!

On bus to drop girlie off to keyworker care then off to work. Heres hoping no drivers stress me and make me cry today!!

Have a good day all xx
Old 01-12-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning all 7.30am leaving for work after catching up with all your messages. Hoping we all have another great sober day 👍

Old 01-13-2021, 03:18 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good afternoon, gang! Day 2. Have finished meeting with lawyer and I'm not a wreck. Progress. Have decided that I won't let it get to me, it's up to a judge now and it's out of my hands. And if we lose, it's only money (albeit a lot of money).

We got about a foot of snow yesterday and now it's nearly -10C, a winter wonderland. Going out to get some more wood later and a chicken for roasting. Today I think I'll make chicken with forty cloves of garlic. Love it! Just hope I find the car first. It's somewhere out there underneath a lot of snow...

Wish you all a great day/night!
Old 01-13-2021, 03:50 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

good morning everyone.
just a quick check in before i get my day started.
great job everyone...keep coming back!
slay the day!

B.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello classmates. Catching up with your posts this morning and so glad to see the progress and every single effort to push ahead. I like knowing this class is growing and posting more than usual. May the momentum continue.

I made it to day 8 and did not succumb to my former Tues routine. Yesterday I had an easier workday (yay) but came home to the "finished" bathroom. We found some shoddy work and errors that are really upsetting. The hot/cold water is backwards, some wall damage and the new tub caulking looks sloppy and unprofessional. We are so sad. My normally calm husband said he screamed by himself before I got home from work. He lost his voice and was very hoarse. I had hours of practice trying to feel my disappointment and finally was able to cry when I laid my head on the pillow. A restless night and up early. Still no bathtub till we see if the contractor will come back and see what can be fixed or improved. He did not return our calls yesterday.

Thanks to Venus for your post about how you've become much calmer in sobriety after being so easily shattered and crushed by life. I'm like that, very easily shattered. Thanks for the wisdom and hope you and Dee give to all of us here everyday.

Old 01-13-2021, 04:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oooo garlic chicken yum yum!!!

Im on lunch at work! Weird and amusing day!!
Old 01-13-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Checking in on part 3 so I dont lose yall lol

I see a few new faces and like Dee said I cant keep up so sorry if I miss anything.

James sorry to hear about your brother but I am hoping for the best.

I see a few of you struggling and relate completely.
My advice is
1 never give up.
2 No matter what dont drink.

Do those 2 things and you will get there.

I drank every day for over 30 years and will be 1 year sober in 3 days. If I can do it anyone can.

Working through some anger issues currently.
I feel good but lately the slightest thing can set me off. I cussed a rope yesterday because I made a mistake, or 4, lacing a Canvas top on.
stupid rope! Lol

I may be sober but I am still human. A very imperfect one at that.

Keep fighting Class!
Old 01-13-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Morning - moving on the Day 10. Double digits! Congrats on almost 1 year Fishkiller. That’s awesome. Going to be warm today for the middle of January but I’ll take it.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

OMG dear silversky......your contractor is lucky he doesn't have me for a customer....that is beyond unacceptable.
How on earth could they leave it like that?
Surely he/they will fix it all. s xx
Old 01-13-2021, 05:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
step 1. Buy a roast. Also usually potatoes, carrots and celery. But whatever you like. A beef stew packet (seasoning) and we add a lipton onion soup seasoning packet. And a can of stewed tomatoes.
I hope you will be patient with me as we adjust the ingredients a little....I am a pain....allergic to garlic and onions, and ginger and a lot of other things. s
Old 01-13-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
I drank every day for over 30 years and will be 1 year sober in 3 days. If I can do it anyone can.

Working through some anger issues currently.
I feel good but lately the slightest thing can set me off.

I may be sober but I am still human. A very imperfect one at that.

Keep fighting Class!
Fishkiller -- I was in your class one year ago briefly. I remember you and am so proud you have succeeded during such a challenging year. Thank you for coming back to give us hope and support. I am in no way qualified to give advice now but I love the idea of showing up for the next Jan class like you have.

Old 01-13-2021, 05:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by silversky View Post
Fishkiller -- I was in your class one year ago briefly. I remember you and am so proud you have succeeded during such a challenging year. Thank you for coming back to give us hope and support. I am in no way qualified to give advice now but I love the idea of showing up for the next Jan class like you have.
Wow Thanks silversky!
Nor sure I am qualified to give advice either except dont drink.
Once a Jan. 2020 always a Jan. 2020. Feel free to come check in, there are still a few of us left and there are daily posts. I admit I dont post daily sometimes but there is always someone checking in.
Everyone there is kind and caring and know exactly what your are going through.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I hope you will be patient with me as we adjust the ingredients a little....I am a pain....allergic to garlic and onions, and ginger and a lot of other things. s
allergic to garlic, onions and ginger! That's horrible, they are all soooo 😋
Old 01-13-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

allergic to garlic, onions and ginger! That's horrible, they are all soooo 😋
Ahh, but they can kill me. So they are not yummy to me at all....just the smell of garlic cooking makes me run....onions are worse.
So I had to learn to deal....and living in America, that means very little takeout is available to me. Mostly I miss pizza....there is one place that will make it without garlic that I can try....I will when I am a little less chubby. Also I can make my own pizza.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:01 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hubby and me are fighting, he wants a divorce. (been hearing that for years) 20 years together was a good run. Feel mainly bad for our son, but we walk on eggshells around him anyway. Think i have only stuck it out cause i don't like change and it was easier. Maybe things will change and we will work it out, maybe not. Either way, I'm hungover and dehydrated. But if want to keep my son and be the mother he needs, i better get my act together. Day 1. I've got to start somewhere. Nothing but good comes from being sober. Lots of water and hot tea today for me. I'm already anxious as hell and the day hasn't even started. Oh joy.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Jannies! Day 11, I can't believe it, this is the longest I've gone sober since 2019. I've had a couple of days of cravings. I realized I don't drink just to drink, I drink mainly around certain situations, and I plan it out. With the exception of last year when after we got isolated I drank every single day. I noticed I didn't really crave it last week after the first day until I had the prospect of mom's bday, which in the past would be a drinking session. Anyways, just thinking out loud, but I want to get to know my patterns, so I can learn how to avoid it and live my life sober 24/7.

B2good, I'm so sorry, I hope you are doing okay. I've had a divorce and a break-up of a long term relationship and engagement and am currently single now for the first time in years. I have a 23 yr old daughter. I hope you do whatever is best for you, whether it's stay together or separate, and stay sober...I'm here if you need anything, having gone thru the relationship wringer myself! I stayed both times as well because changing was scary, until I had to end it. Stay strong and sober, so you have a clear mind. Thinking of you today!

Fishkiller, congrats on 1 year! I appreciate you being here as well as our personal cheerleader...it helps so much!

Venuscat, oh no, so sorry to hear of the allergies! Onions and garlic are hard especially bc they are in everything!! It's easier when you cook though, I can imagine you are a great cook!

Silversky, that is awful, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope he makes it right...I can only imagine the frustration.
You don't need this right now! I get angry hearing when this happens, but let's hope he contacts you back and fixes it.

Hang in there Lixie! The hardest part is done, and you made it thru! I have a feeling it will be in your favor.

Hello Al, BEELs, Barnaby, Scott! Congrats on sober days! And anyone I missed!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hubby and me are fighting, he wants a divorce. (been hearing that for years) 20 years together was a good run. Feel mainly bad for our son, but we walk on eggshells around him anyway. Think i have only stuck it out cause i don't like change and it was easier. Maybe things will change and we will work it out, maybe not. Either way, I'm hungover and dehydrated. But if want to keep my son and be the mother he needs, i better get my act together. Day 1. I've got to start somewhere. Nothing but good comes from being sober. Lots of water and hot tea today for me. I'm already anxious as hell and the day hasn't even started. Oh joy.
Not sure if it will help but this time I wrote down exactly how felt the following morning last December 1st 2020. Before that I was constantly telling myself no more drinking, you could be sure that bottle of vodka was in my backpack on the way home every evening.
Now when temptation calls I look back on that note I wrote to remind myself what will be there tomorrow morning if I break.

Today was one of those days. Terrible day at work arguing with a colleague which I wont go into but definitely an excuse for the bottle before.
Now I'm sitting with a mint tea looking at my wonderful kids while we all ignore each other because we are on our mobile phones

So stay strong you will get there.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 19 today. Agitated and anxious most of the day. Not sure what's going on but I'm going to bed early and hoping for a better day tomorrow

Love to everyone ❤️
Old 01-13-2021, 10:22 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 19, Gabe! That's amazing!! I hope you get good rest.