Notices

Class of January 2021 Part 2

Old 01-07-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lixie View Post
If I come here you will stop me from drinking - and that's why I don't reach out. I'm like a stubborn child when I'm in that mindset.
My dear (((lixie))), when you were triggered a few days ago, you did reach out to us in dec group. What happened after that, that meant you felt you couldn’t keep talking? Learn from it , if you can. Make a plan for steps you can take if you are triggered again. Oh and Post anyway, even if you don’t want to. (Hell, you’ve seen plenty of my struggling posts. 😂 )

But so glad to see you posting here straight away. Kudos on getting right back up again. Know it is so very hard to shift these well-rehearsed responses to MH events - even when we know a drink will not actually fix it. we are here (jan/dec class whatevs) , we get it. Keep going.
xx
Old 01-07-2021, 02:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

If I come here you will stop me from drinking - and that's why I don't reach out. I'm like a stubborn child when I'm in that mindset.
I know - but you’re not a child - you’re a grown adult woman with very good reasons to stop drinking.
Fight harder - you’re worth fighting for

D
Old 01-07-2021, 03:55 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 2. Only 5 hrs sleep and still tired. Still disgusted with myself for last binge but now I see the need for better planning. Heard this not long ago: "When you're in the ditch you're only 2 feet from the path. But when you're on the path, you're still 2 feet from the ditch." A good reminder of how close recovery can be at any moment, while staying vigilant of nearby threats.

I'm on the path today, eyes and feet forward. I have a long day of work ahead. Planning a good dinner and hopefully better rest tonight. As for longer-term planning, yesterday I signed up for a fitness program (online) that I did a few years back with good results. It will fill in my free time outside work while I'm stuck at home in winter and during this pandemic. I feel more hopeful.

Take great care everyone. Beware the ditch.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Silver sky I love that quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Morning All.

Runswithspoons - that sounds like a really bad reaction when you were skiing. We used to pound beers and wine while skiing back 25 years ago. Believe it or not the ski area had big bins, can targets, under the chair lift for you to throw your empties while riding up the hill.

Lexie - A troll is the areas mascot. It’s been around since the 1950’s. Hope you feel better today.

Gabe - Cograts on day 12.

RAL - Hi to you too. I moved from December to January after a couple of short binges. Going to do it this time.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 2 Silversky.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Lexie! Hydrate and get back with us. I speak from experience, and not the good kind, that this forum only works when we let the people here help us. I’ve done it both ways, and and can really turn things around if you post before you drink. I don’t like being told what to do either. But, if someone tells me not to drink today, we’ll, they are really just reminding me(us) of why we are here in the first place. 💕

Well, day 6, and still sleeping restlessly, but up earlier than in months for a car service appointment. I’d never have scheduled a 9am appointment while drinking!

I had a dream that I drank last night. It’s fuzzy now, but it was this weird small beer, not wine, and kind of like a small mason jar. It was not enjoyable, rather I was upset that it ruined my progress and day count, and I was grappling mentally about telling you all. That’s a huge shift in my brain. I think in the past, I’d have a dream that I was enjoying drinking at a party or such.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:34 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good advice about hydration Phoebe. Drinking plenty of water helps. It’s good to be reminded not to drink. Thank for that reminder.

I am working on building new routines to replace the old, lazy drunk routines. It’s a journey, and I commuted to turning this life of mine around. There is no alcohol in my house, and I have a new way to drive home that does not pass a liquor store.

I will not drink alcohol today.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Morning everyone,

Day 7 here
Old 01-07-2021, 06:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning from New England. I’ve not drank since Sunday night. I’m a little depressed because I miss my wine. I’ll work through it.
phoebe ~ aren’t those drinking dreams so strange? I dreamed the other night I’d run out of milk for my cereal and I poured my glass of white wine into the bowl instead.
Lixie ~ keep talking to us.
Hoping you all have a good day today. The place I work is closed until April. We close each winter every year so I know how to keep busy. Though I know going to work would be helpful now.
I’m waiting for my tank maintenance guy to come and clean my turtles tank.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I know - but you’re not a child - you’re a grown adult woman with very good reasons to stop drinking.
Fight harder - you’re worth fighting for

D
This isn't exactly what y'all are talking about, but it just reminded me of something. Alcohol and drugs really puts a serious halt on people growing up. I've heard this numerous times in treatment that when you start using/drinking you basically stop your emotional growth. So I have the emotional maturity of a 21 year old and I'm pushing 40. It's so true. I feel like an immature kid when it comes to managing my emotions and impulses.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Just checking in, you guys are moving so fast I can't keep up. Hope you're all well.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hello dear Relena s ❤️

And congrats on 7 days dear Puck!

I hope you feel better every day dear JSC (not sure if it is ok to abbreviate ). s
Old 01-07-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello dear Relena s ❤️

And congrats on 7 days dear Puck!

I hope you feel better every day dear JSC (not sure if it is ok to abbreviate ). s
Thank ya!!
Old 01-07-2021, 08:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm a week away from my 2 month sobriety. I've been awake for 25 hrs, and this happens a lot unfortunately.

I signed up for marketplace healthcare in November, first time for me. Before this the last time I had insurance was 7 years ago. I was really looking forward to having access to healthcare again. I already made an appointment with a dermatologist that i'll have to cancel now. I found out yesterday my insurance is pretty much useless. So, feeling miserable at the moment. I'll continue taking care of myself best I can, and just hope I don't get sick.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:03 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning!

off to a rush start this morning. Got a call from my supervisor at hospital and COVID vaccines are being done today. Was suppose to be Saturday and I literally jumped out of bed and got in the shower and now I’m at hospital waiting in line in under 30 minutes.

I’m so thankful to not be drinking because I am not hungover!!!! Yayyyyy!!! If I was drinking I’d still be sitting on the side of my bed hating myself in a partial stupor.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
JJ9

Day 7 for me too Puck! Right on track! Great job!

Focusing hard on every positive. LOVE waking up without a hangover. That’s the BEST!
Old 01-07-2021, 08:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I'm a week away from my 2 month sobriety. I've been awake for 25 hrs, and this happens a lot unfortunately.

I signed up for marketplace healthcare in November, first time for me. Before this the last time I had insurance was 7 years ago. I was really looking forward to having access to healthcare again. I already made an appointment with a dermatologist that i'll have to cancel now. I found out yesterday my insurance is pretty much useless. So, feeling miserable at the moment. I'll continue taking care of myself best I can, and just hope I don't get sick. It's the reality of being poor.
I feel you. I don't have health insurance at the moment either, but I use a clinic that offers a sliding scale for payment based on your income (mine is 0 right now). I use them for mental health services (psychiatrist / therapist) at the moment, but they do offer general practitioner care and dental too if I need it.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have access to that Puck. My income is also 0 at the moment. We have a hospital like that, and they have their own large network of doctors and clinics. I just don't want to go because I still owe them a large amount of money.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I don't think it matters if you owe them money love.....they will still see you. I am told this is the case....I hope that is right. s
I'm sorry your insurance is not great....it's crazy expensive here to get any insurance that is really decent. s

Really happy for you dear JoJo..... s