Notices

Class of January 2020 Part 10

Old 01-04-2021, 04:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates

I have been following how strict the lock-down is in the UK now, Abraxas. With possibly even more restrictions coming (tier 5?). I hope it will be just a question of time until the general population get one of the two different vaccines and this crazy lock-down eases. Hang in there.
I also have to start work today, City. My head is far from being ready for that, if the effort it is taking into making this a coherent post is any clue.

I have begun this low-carb/low-sugar thing. One of the early symptoms that the diet is kicking in is brain fog. Whether mine is diet related or just Monday morning related, I don't know. Another coffee is needed asap.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Monday all

dlb

Old 01-04-2021, 04:21 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

dlb, I started that same diet today, and I know what you are talking about. I make sure to drink heaps of water these first days, to avoid that brain fog. Still, Monday morning can give the exact same symptoms, so who knows...
Old 01-04-2021, 04:32 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Lixie
I will. Thanks for the advice, I will do that right now.
I hope your 2021 is going well so far
Old 01-04-2021, 04:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Venus, I'm curious about the squirrel. Favre, yes? Does he still come around?

Got a little office work done yesterday. Felt good. Turned off my phone for a while to prevent being distracted by text messages.

Kid doesn't start back to online school until tomorrow, so we are going to spend a little time this morning.
OH CB ~ my sweet little Favvie (short for favourite) was here yesterday for hours. And she is amazing....comes up to the bathroom window (little powder room in the kitchen, which I know sounds weird). I have it open always just a little....and she is like a foot away from me on the other side and there is a whole conversation. I need to video it....

She did this four times yesterday.....she sees me and runs to the window and we chat.
If there is no food outside she comes to the door and looks at me.
I am waiting for her to tap on the glass next.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

With you guys on the diet, or rather for me it is my normal way of eating.
One day in and I already feel way better.
Sugar kills me....I can't breathe and my eczema flares up.

And I think this is going to be the week of A LOT happening dear Abraxas.
We shall see....

Old 01-04-2021, 05:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I would LOVE to see that video, Suze! I love animals... <3
Old 01-05-2021, 03:36 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates.

An earlier start than I meant it to be.Since I am up, I might as we be constructive and avoid the temptation to go back to bed. Especially as the pot of coffee is already made and fresh.
Not a whole lot to report but feeling OK. Getting my head back into being in work mode.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Tuesday all

dlb
Old 01-05-2021, 04:04 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Maintaining even a semi-healthy diet and getting even a minimal amount of exercise helps you feel so much better. Funny though how your impulse is always to sit around and eat anything unhealthy that comes into line of sight.

Venus, that's cool that the squirrel still comes around. Seems like squirrel life would be full of perils.

The prospect of increasing lockdowns is very depressing. I hope people can manage to keep their head wired on.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Man I feel for you guys on so called lock down.
I thought that's what they did in prison when something bad happened not in the free world.

I am claustrophobic so even the mention of not being able to leave one area stresses me out.

Got a couple small jobs to do so home projects take a back seat the rest of the week.
Pretty much waiting on materials now anyway.

Wife's new job seems to be working out. Nice not having to feed myself every night. 😀

Have a great day all!
Old 01-06-2021, 03:35 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi Classmates

I am with you, City, on exercise and diet affecting mental health. I have been better at both those since new year and feel better for it. I had this mental image of magically emerging from the pandemic feeling better than I went into it. I have a lot of work on all fronts for that to happen.
FK, I also feel for the many people around the world who live in one room, or studio or on their own. We are lucky. Great news about your wife settling into her new job. I hope her interactions with people are not stressful under the current conditions.

Venus, that is lovely story about your squirrel. It is rare that a squirrel can let their guard down enough to interact with you and show their personality. I hope you don't have too many feral cats in your area, they can sometimes wreck havoc on birds and small animals. I love cats and often forget what masterful hunters they are.

I better dig in. I got up early as I was restless about everything on my plate today.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all

dlb
Old 01-06-2021, 04:09 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Glad the wife's new job is going well, FK.

The time I spent isolating upstairs was definitely enough of that.

Wish you strength in your efforts to up the ante on health DLD. My whole life has been like a yoyo with the last 20 years being the sagging part of the cycle. I'm trying to remain focused on the long term aspects as well as changes that will make a difference.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:52 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

This is the squirrel I saved bacchus.....had her on my chest the day I found her....I thought she was going to die. It was boiling hot and she either fell out of a tree or got turfed for being the runt of the litter. So she knows me. We have a special bond. She actually came in the house once, but I know where that can lead so I kept the screen door closed after that.

There are pet cats....a few that are allowed to roam.....the squirrels are quick but a cat killed my baby rabbit last year.....that was terrible....changed the way I feel about cats a little.

Anyway, love to all of you fabulous Januarians. s
Old 01-06-2021, 05:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

We had cats when I was very young. They were always catching the little wrens. Let's just say that I side with the wrens, but respect people's feelings for their pets.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well, I adore cats but having one in America is very different. There just seems to be so many creatures they prey upon.
So I am not sure....I am more likely to get a dog or two when I am in a new house where I can have pets.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Dog person all the way.
Cats? Meh

I do have 2 barn cats but they won't let you touch them or get within 3 feet.

I saw a meme a while back, It showed a dog looking at a human and thinking " he feeds me, shelters me, cleans up after me etc, he must be God.
Then there is a cat that says the same things except at the end it says " I must be a God" lol

Main thing I have against cats is the litter box. 🤢🤢

Today is wife's b day so gonna surprise her at work and take her to lunch.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-06-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

That's so nice fish!!!!
Happy Birthday to your wife! s ❤️
Old 01-06-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

The squirrel story melted my heart, Suze, and told me what a beautiful person you are. I hope I get to meet you some day.

I am a dog person, but I have had four cats over the years. I volunteered at a shelter for cats for many years, and we fostered close to 100 cats and kittens. But now we have a dog, and I'm going to pick up a golden retriever tomorrow for a week's trial period. Hope she gets on well with Molly.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:10 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

So excited for you Liz....welcome home Candy/Sandy.

And right back at you honey. ❤️❤️
Old 01-07-2021, 03:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey classmates!

Lockdown is going.... erm.... as well as can be expected! Winter certainly doesn't help. Nor does the mixed messages being put out - it's going to last until mid February, early March, late March.... so I'm just going to work on "it's going to be a while".

And rather than talk about anything that is happening in the news, here is a pic from about 40 years ago of the siamese cat and spaniel we had as kids. They were introduced to each other at a pretty young age and never got the memo about cats and dogs not being meant to like each other... (it isn't the greatest pic, hope you can make it out)

Old 01-07-2021, 03:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates

Nice to wake and read so much about pets. I like both cats and dogs, all animals with the possible exception of raccoons.
That is a great pic, Abraxas. Those guys do love each other. I am sure they had a happy life.

Not too much going on. Getting used to the work week. I have missed some work out days and am annoyed at myself for doing that in the first week. Let's see about today

Have a healthy, happy and sober day all

dlb