Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 2

Old 12-14-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just heartbreaking hills, i get the self blame over pet illnesses/death even when it is unwarranted because it was out of your control. Hang in there
Old 12-14-2020, 11:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning all

Slept for 8 hours and feel like I have a hangover. At least it isn't. And at least I slept! Coffee will help

Day 10. Double figures. Feels like a good foundation. Thanks for everyone's support and help. Interesting reading people's thoughts about the classes. I have also been in several and find some busier than others. This class is my main support and grounding point and I know when I start posting less or becoming less involved then drinking is not far away. For me it is like a relationship or friendship - I need it and I love it and the more time I spend with or working on it the better the relationship.

For me, December is also the class I need to be most active in with all the festivities, parties, Xmas lunches, expectations of the day, NY eve etc etc etc. I know we can stay sober in December as I've done it before and went on to have over 3 years sober. Trust me if we get through December sober we can get through any month.

Although on a separate although related matter it doesn't seem as Christmassy as usual irl. Obviously because of covid and world events. Rather than thinking of this as a bad or sad thing, (which i know it is for many) I'm thinking this is a great opportunity as there isn't as much temptation or being around other people. Usually last weekend I would have gone to England(travel from Scotland to England now banned ) for a family weekend and there would be drinking. Not excessively but the temptation when in amongst it would have been great. Whilst sad not to be able see family I am a little grateful not to be in a difficult position.

Take care all.x

Old 12-15-2020, 12:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 29

Well, onto week five I go. I really shouldn’t count days or weeks. It’s a bad sign I think? If you’ve given up forever then what does the current day count really mean in terms of overall significance? I will have to process the answer to my own question.

Sunny - I am sorry you drank. I know the feeling. I could describe in intimate detail from thinking of buying the wine; to my thoughts whilst buying it; to the feeling when pouring it; followed by the moment I drink it; concluding in the morning I wake up from it. None of those stages are ever consumed with happiness, relief or fulfilment. It’s a wonder we have all done it so much? Well done on coming straight back here. That’s the kind of mental fortitude I have lacked upon a relapse.

I’ve been completing long walks everyday. Sometimes along with my dog and occasionally on my own with my thoughts. It’s helping to lose the excess weight I gained during the last relapse. By now I’m normally hitting the gym hard as well but COVID has put me off. I might brave it today and complete 24 sets of upper body.

Oh well - they’re my morning thoughts. I’m not going to call out the ‘missing in action’. They are either reading or they are not? They know who they are and they are drinking, not drinking, recovering or struggling. You’re in our thoughts. Come back and post with tales of victory or for comforting company as you try to crack this once more.

Stay strong, stay safe, stay sober.

JT
Old 12-15-2020, 01:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just three days until I leave the psych ward and I have the option to drink again. I'll be glad to leave but nervous that I have to be vigilant about staying sober again. Still, I have no desire to drink after all the damage it's done to my relationships.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ff I think considering drinking as an option is dangerous thinking. Maybe take the option off the table.

Sorry you drank sunny but great you are straight back with us.maybe post on here next time you think of buying.

Morning Tony and enjoy your walks.

I echo what Tony says in that I'm also thinking of everyone posting or not.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hills View Post
Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm still processing it/spontaneously bursting into tears on and off, but at least my other 3 kittens seem to be doing well. I have had 20 cats/kittens in my care over the last 9 months or so. Logically I know little kittens can get sick and die, but you never really think it will happen.

Venus- Both of my cats were adopted from the Lost Dogs Home in North Melbourne and found their happily ever after with me and my husband.
SCK- I will have been in Australia for 7 years in July 2021. I love it but of course I miss everyone in Canada and have not been back in several years.
Tony- I know what you mean about the classes but from my perspective it is me. I've been here for years, without success, so it's me. I'm jaded I think.

Anyway, very thankful to all of you today and will express my gratitude by staying sober and supporting you.
My heart just jumped a beat.
I worked there for years hills.
I loved that job....even though it was very sad and very hard at times.

s
Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well I braved the gym. I feel great for completing that workout!
Old 12-15-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 15. I have survived the horrible week one, felt the euphoric feeling of week 2, and have now settled into the monotony of day to day life without alcohol going into week 3.

I'm beginning to question, with all the highs and lows that I've put myself through in the last 20 years, throughout my relationship with alcohol and the constant conflict it brought, have I also become addicted to the drama that entailed? I don't have an answer to that yet, some days I just feel blah, not bad, but not great. BUT it is way early recovery and my body is healing.

I feel good and I don't want to drink. Positive changes have occurred much more quickly this month, then last month during my 3 weeks of sobriety. My face is no longer red or bloated, I am hungry for actual meals (instead of drinking my dinner), most significantly, my stomach is no longer bloated or inflamed, a noticeable difference actually. The pain under my right ribs has also faded. My sleep is a work in progress, but getting better.

A couple of challenges I've had during the last few days. My husband asked me to pour him a drink (like a million times before) and I started to reach for the vodka (like a million times before) and I was like ahh no. It was as if had I touched that bottle it would just one step closer to relapse. Another time, he was sipping whiskey and I picked up the glass to move it. Can't really name the feeling, i didn't want to drink it, but it was familiar. It is challenging getting sober around your dunking partner. Bad thing is I'm surrounded by alcohol. Good news is I get to see him drunk and that reminds me why I have to quit. There really is no suck thing as a "good drunk".

I hope everyone is doing well, I've been reading and staying close, just not much to report. Taking it day by day.
Old 12-15-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Just three days until I leave the psych ward and I have the option to drink again. I'll be glad to leave but nervous that I have to be vigilant about staying sober again. Still, I have no desire to drink after all the damage it's done to my relationships.

If you’re never going to change your mind about never drinking again, I can’t figure out how drinking again could be an option when you get out of the hospital?

GT
Old 12-15-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am pretty sure FF means an option in life, as in accessible again.
But we will all be here to help if any cravings come up.
Never again sounds good to me.

s
Old 12-15-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Well I braved the gym. I feel great for completing that workout!
Good to read this and glad you feel great for it
Old 12-15-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Dark pit . That’s all
i can say
Old 12-15-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Great post BTG, thank you. It's good to read about your positive changes and effects in the last 15 days. It's amazing how quickly our bodies do change with no aochol after being subjcted to it all this time. I looked in the mirror and thought I looked quite pale this morning but realise i'm just not flushed and less bloated. Vanity is definitely a good reason to stay off the booze too, as well as many other benefits. I get the monotony and lack of drama and looking on it as a good thing too
Old 12-15-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Dark pit . That’s all
i can say
oh strawberry, how are you? what's happened. Please stay with us, we are all here for you
Old 12-15-2020, 09:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Strawberry you know what to do.

We are here for you if you want us to be?
Old 12-15-2020, 10:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Dark pit . That’s all
i can say
Sending so much love. s ❤️

You can get through this day and into a much better one tomorrow dear Strawberry. s
We are all with you honey. xxxx
Old 12-15-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I believe in miracles :)

Hey everyone, I hope you are well, I have been very busy...
Day 38 here, I have been eating like a saint since then and can do my grocery shopping without imagining a horde of bottles sing to me
I am amazed to witness that it's really all in our head when we decide we've had enough, regardless of the drinking pattern or level.
The only problem, my sleep is still crap but I just accept at this point.

Sending a lot of positive waves to those who need them.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning to all from me,
Its very inspiring for someone coming late to the class to see so many doing so well. Although I do hope your ok strawberry. Still trying to find the missing peace of the puzzle in my own journey. I know it's within somewhere and if I just keeping digging deep I will find it. A lil early in for me to be soul searching due to some pretty heavy brain fog and drowsiness. I can't stop sleeping which seems others are having the opposite problem. So I'll concentrate on healing my damaged body and then look into things more deeply......not that I haven't been doing that for a very long time. I know the core issue, it's just fixing it isn't coming along as quickly as I'd hoped. But enough of my morning ramblings. I hope everyone has an awesome evening/day xxoo
Old 12-15-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Backtogood this is not the best things are going to get - the monotony you speak of is not going to last. I think a lot of us got used to drama or even maybe created drama because drama was an excuse to drink. We don’t need the drama or the excuse anymore

We’re here to help Strawberry - what’s happening?

FF drinking poison and cutting my leg off is an option too, but it’s an option best not considered

Zura I found my first priority was best being not drinking...all the why stuff can come later. I was more equipped to deal with it then

D
Old 12-15-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dee, not drinking certainly is the most essential step. I particularly like the part in your post about not cutting off your leg, i will use that imagery when the AV emerges