Notices

Class of December 2020

Old 12-02-2020, 05:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
"......because in the end, we were sick and tired of being sick and tired."

I may not have it word perfect, but that is a line from the Big Book that resonated with me big time. s
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired resonates with me Big Time. That is exactly how I feel, and that is why I have consciously and out loud decided that this is where I will plant my flag. Right here. Enough. I’ve screamed it out.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 12-02-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
Well I hit my rock bottom in October . I broke away from the old man on 20th October . I have drank every Christmas in history . Class of December 2017 was so strong .
I’m joining this class As an aid not to slip over the holidays !
hi everyone !
Hello love. s s xx ❤️❤️
Old 12-02-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 2. Hoping to work on rehydration today and get more than some toast in me. Actually, slept way better than there last time i did this...i mean it was only 3/4 hours but, it was sober sleep at least. Hate the sweats, but not my first rodeo. Hope everyone has a beautiful sober day.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey all just a quick post to check in and offer support. Feeling a bit sad but not tempted to drink. Black coffee and water today. Wherever your up to take it easy, one day or one hour at a time. Keep sipping water, rest up. Take care xx
Old 12-02-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I came here to say I want to stop, Dee I'm sure you're sick of me by now, and I see so many familiar faces/names..
Dec 2017 is when I gave it a good go to start, JT this is when we met, it is also when I met Nichole from the same class who passed away Dec 2019, she became one of my closest friends.. When she died I thought I had enough emotion and reason to keep me sober, boy did I underestimate this addiction..
RAL
JT
Erratic
Sobasoda
Jewel
When are we gonna say enough is enough??
Be123 - I've followed your story and have great admiration for you given what youve been through.

I'm not on Day 1 but I hope in Dec I will put that drink down..
I’m right there with you Red. Enough has to be enough soon or I’m going to pay very high price...I just know it.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:19 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi all, so good to see so many familiar "faces". I am joining you all for a sober December and hopefully much, much longer. Day 4 today. Saturdays keep getting me lately. I actually had a rough time with AV last night on the way home from a super close basketball game, sigh. But I made it through... I ate blueberries all the way home, lol.
Praying to make it through today too. ❤

Love to all
Old 12-02-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I managed a warm bath, washed my hair, folded the clothes and cleaned up around the house. That's about all I can handle for today but am feeling good about it. I just made a cup of tension tamer tea.
I had to cancel a lot of my online lessons this week, just was so destroyed emotionally. I was honest with some of my more long term regulars and got some of the nicest messages of support in return. I do not talk about my alcohol problem, but I said I was feeling very depressed.
I hope you are all hanging in there.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 View Post
I hope no gets sick of seeing us. I’m pretty sure that the leaders don’t. I’m committed to making sobriety stick this time. My “bottom” is not a low rock bottom. I don’t drink 24/7, but I don’t like myself when I do drink. I think I can have 1, or 2, but it becomes 5 or 6 every day, or 8 or 9 on the weekends. It’s just exhausting, and I’m tired of this. Tired.
That’s the one word I use to describe it. I really wish I could drink like normal folks, but I just don’t have that ability.
So that’s at least a couple of reasons I’ve decided this is the time to say I’m not drinking again, and I will not drink alcohol today.
We can all do this.
this. I can so relate to this.thank you
Old 12-02-2020, 09:04 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early evening all xx
day 2 coming to an end, going to have something small to eat, then have a bath and go to bed. Had some slight cravings today, but i pushed them aside for a bit, then hub came home had then another slight craving again pushed that aside. Got work tomo morning so that will take half my day, just going to have to stick in doing the work.

again great to see so many people coming and trying again x have great day where ever u are x
Old 12-02-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Always the 2 week mark that gets me...
Old 12-02-2020, 10:17 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Stay focused Erratic. We can do this. One step at a time.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Tell that AV no. It’s nothing but empty promises Puck. But I’m sure you know that.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:24 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Sobertoday54 View Post
Tell that AV no. It’s nothing but empty promises Puck. But I’m sure you know that.
I really enjoy the rage it brings. It is almost orgasmic to me. Even with the negative side effects. I know that sounds weird
Old 12-02-2020, 10:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks sobertoday x just had my bath and cup of tea, heading for sleep. puckluck hear u on 2wks x

Here is something i posted in another place, which i learned today on one of my lessons. They said its about its not what u give up, but what you GAIN! thought was interesting thought x

goodnight x
Old 12-02-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
I came here to say I want to stop, Dee I'm sure you're sick of me by now, and I see so many familiar faces/names..
Dec 2017 is when I gave it a good go to start, JT this is when we met, it is also when I met Nichole from the same class who passed away Dec 2019, she became one of my closest friends.. When she died I thought I had enough emotion and reason to keep me sober, boy did I underestimate this addiction..
RAL
JT
Erratic
Sobasoda
Jewel
Be123 - I've followed your story and have great admiration for you given what youve been through.

I'm not on Day 1 but I hope in Dec I will put that drink down..
Oh my gosh I missed a HUGE amount of posts.....sometimes when it gets mega cold here my internet does weird stuff.
Anyway.....

.....so happy to see ALL of you. Massive hugs and faith and strength to all of you. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

There are the years when we still have a choice....we know it is in our best interests to let this go.
But if we don't, then come the years where we HAVE to as the consequences are building horrendously.
And if we don't then....then come the years where we are trying to do this because someone else wants us too but we don't even remember what life without alcohol even is.
Sorry, I know that is hard to hear.

This is about saving our lives....even if it doesn't feel that way for you right now.
And it is about finding a truly happy life on the other side of booze.....one that is good because it is REAL and worthwhile, not the selfish place where I know I lived for so many years.

s ❤️❤️
Old 12-02-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Have a good night sleep Erratic, great job staying sober today.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I managed a warm bath, washed my hair, folded the clothes and cleaned up around the house. That's about all I can handle for today but am feeling good about it. I just made a cup of tension tamer tea.
I had to cancel a lot of my online lessons this week, just was so destroyed emotionally. I was honest with some of my more long term regulars and got some of the nicest messages of support in return. I do not talk about my alcohol problem, but I said I was feeling very depressed.
I hope you are all hanging in there.
(((Mera))) ❤️

Love you honey......with you.....and all of the Decemberoonies (or whatever it is, he he) every step!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Nite Erratic love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx s ❤️

Hey darlin Citrus xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx s ❤️
Old 12-02-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

What if you have never been happy. I never have been. Even sober