Notices

Class of December 2020

Old 12-01-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Alcohol sleep is awful. Crash drowsily into bed, probably too early, and awake again in the small hours, heart pounding, dehydrated. Lie there for hours with all the dark night thoughts, the sweating. Maybe shallow doze before the dawn chorus of birdsong as the room gets too light to sleep. Its a horrible way to live.....but when you are in it, more to drink is the immediate source of relief, and on it goes. Just have to get off that constant go around.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 1 in the books. Feeling much love and strength here with everyone committing to their Sober Life. We can all do this together. We have one job - do not let alcohol into your mouth. Love to everyone.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Dec. class Just popping to say Hello & Welcome.
My Jan. 2016 class was a life saver and I know you'll all benefit from the support of your classmates....take care...xxxx
Old 12-01-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x good to see so many jumping aboard x
i am on day 2 of my 30 day AF, but will post properly later tonight as it be better to say i have done day 2 than start it, thats if u understand x
RAL i love ur routine list, i need one myself. I know i have my toolbox for when cravings in evening comes. Still need a routine, back to work tomo at least, so onwards and upwards x
have great day all xx
Old 12-02-2020, 12:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thank Venus and hello again. I hope you are well.

Thanks Five-hope you have a good day.

Hi soda and Erratic-good to see you both again.

Hello everyone else too

So today is day 1. A new beginning. Just got to get through. SLow and steady wins the race.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

So pleased you're back and posting, RAL
Old 12-02-2020, 12:16 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 16

I’m back to back all day in Zoom meetings for work - not that I have ever been a day drinker anyway but it does stop me going on a long walk which does help my overall mental state.

As I embark on another attempt at sobriety I’m totally confused how to think about the whole thing. I’ve tried ‘day at a time’ - I’ve tried planning ahead - I’ve attempted replacing booze with healthier or more constructive pursuits. Nothing seems to get me to 60 days... Sometimes I just wish I could be shipwrecked on an Island where the choice to drink was simply removed. And that’s the unpalatable truth. We can speak of it being a disease or hereditary and talk about the AV as if it was an exterior entity that wields extraordinary powers. But ultimately it’s what it really is and that’s called a ‘choice’ and some things are about self discipline if we like it or not. I hope I can learn to just make the right choices moving forwards although I can’t say I am brimming over with confidence in myself.

Oh well. Keep trucking forwards.

Stay strong Decemberoni’s as we all try to grow to love ourselves that little bit more each day.

JT

Old 12-02-2020, 12:21 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I came here to say I want to stop, Dee I'm sure you're sick of me by now, and I see so many familiar faces/names..
Dec 2017 is when I gave it a good go to start, JT this is when we met, it is also when I met Nichole from the same class who passed away Dec 2019, she became one of my closest friends.. When she died I thought I had enough emotion and reason to keep me sober, boy did I underestimate this addiction..
RAL
JT
Erratic
Sobasoda
Jewel
When are we gonna say enough is enough??
Be123 - I've followed your story and have great admiration for you given what youve been through.

I'm not on Day 1 but I hope in Dec I will put that drink down..
Old 12-02-2020, 12:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

I'm in too. Day 5 for me, and I'm in high spirits. Feeling very good, probably because I'm cutting carbs as well. Love the energy it gives me! Have a home exam due on Friday, have to work on that today.

Wish you all a happy, sober day!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:49 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi, I'd like to try this again. I haven't been very good about a class in the past but it is never too late to try, right? I wish everyone a peaceful and sober day. I look forward to following the progress that you, and hopefully I, make!
Old 12-02-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey December Group and hey to many familiar names.....lovely to be back seeing you all again.
Like JT and many others, I'm a serial relapser, been here many times before.
Here again for day 1.
RAL - I love your day plan.
I'm doing the same this time. Last time I was here, I was asked "what are you going to do different this time ?" .... I didn't get it the last time, I'd hoped that my head would just go into "I don't drink" mode and I'd carry on.
This time I hope it's different.....I have a plan, I'm working on a toolbox .... and I'm working on my "witching hour" of 4.30pm every day ..... it's like a clock switches on in my head "wine time soon"......but as has been said many times before - it's about choices .....
Dee & Venus
Red, I think we've crossed paths before.
Big hugs everyone ..... here's to a sober day today and not entertaining the cravings.

It's good to be back .....
Old 12-02-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hi, I'd like to try this again. I haven't been very good about a class in the past but it is never too late to try, right? I wish everyone a peaceful and sober day. I look forward to following the progress that you, and hopefully I, make!
HI Mera,
Hope you are ok and glad to see you here. I don't think I've officially crossed your path but I've been following your story for a long time now.. Much love.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
HI Mera,
Hope you are ok and glad to see you here. I don't think I've officially crossed your path but I've been following your story for a long time now.. Much love.
^Same^
Old 12-02-2020, 01:52 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Shenzy, Mera, Lixie, Devizes and Red.

Honestly I never get 'sick' of people coming back - I understand what it takes to quit - and coming back to me shows a willingness to be done with this thing, for good

D
Old 12-02-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Honestly I never get 'sick' of people coming back - I understand what it takes to quit - and coming back to me shows a willingness to be done with this thing, for good

D
Thanks, Dee.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Day 16

I’m back to back all day in Zoom meetings for work - not that I have ever been a day drinker anyway but it does stop me going on a long walk which does help my overall mental state.

As I embark on another attempt at sobriety I’m totally confused how to think about the whole thing. I’ve tried ‘day at a time’ - I’ve tried planning ahead - I’ve attempted replacing booze with healthier or more constructive pursuits. Nothing seems to get me to 60 days... Sometimes I just wish I could be shipwrecked on an Island where the choice to drink was simply removed. And that’s the unpalatable truth. We can speak of it being a disease or hereditary and talk about the AV as if it was an exterior entity that wields extraordinary powers. But ultimately it’s what it really is and that’s called a ‘choice’ and some things are about self discipline if we like it or not. I hope I can learn to just make the right choices moving forwards although I can’t say I am brimming over with confidence in myself.

Oh well. Keep trucking forwards.

Stay strong Decemberoni’s as we all try to grow to love ourselves that little bit more each day.

JT
Hi everyone. We're all different but for me, understanding why I was addicted was transformational. I absolutely love this and watched it many times in weeks 1-10.

Its your brain, innit. Nothing 'you' or anyone can do about science, it just is what it is. But it will also heal itself if you do your bit...nature is my greater power, it has to do its thing if I do my bit. And for me at least - it is doing it's thing

https://youtu.be/zYphZvRHm6Y
Old 12-02-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I hope no gets sick of seeing us. I’m pretty sure that the leaders don’t. I’m committed to making sobriety stick this time. My “bottom” is not a low rock bottom. I don’t drink 24/7, but I don’t like myself when I do drink. I think I can have 1, or 2, but it becomes 5 or 6 every day, or 8 or 9 on the weekends. It’s just exhausting, and I’m tired of this. Tired.
That’s the one word I use to describe it. I really wish I could drink like normal folks, but I just don’t have that ability.
So that’s at least a couple of reasons I’ve decided this is the time to say I’m not drinking again, and I will not drink alcohol today.
We can all do this.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

"......because in the end, we were sick and tired of being sick and tired."

I may not have it word perfect, but that is a line from the Big Book that resonated with me big time. s
Old 12-02-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Well I hit my rock bottom in October . I broke away from the old man on 20th October . I have drank every Christmas in history . Class of December 2017 was so strong .
I’m joining this class As an aid not to slip over the holidays !
hi everyone !
Old 12-02-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Well I hit my rock bottom in October . I broke away from the old man on 20th October . I have drank every Christmas in history . Class of December 2017 was so strong .
I’m joining this class As an aid not to slip over the holidays !
hi everyone !