Notices

One Year & Over Part 78

Old 12-06-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks, Mags. I never pictured myself doing such videos. I've learned so much these past couple of years.

A little chilly this morning (30F), but still no snow on the ground. The longer we can stave off ol' man winter, the better!

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 12-06-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

We had our first messy snow of the season last night. It rained all day yesterday and then switched to snow early yesterday evening. This morning it’s a bit of a slushy mess!

Finally got my new sewing machine yesterday Unfortunately I fell flat on my face while carrying it out to the car with the lovely person from the shop. Thankfully no damage to machine or me - though muscles I never knew I had were sore this morning. This is one of the rare times I don’t mind being overweight since I think that “cushioned” my fall a bit. It will probably be several days before I actually sew since I have a good bit of setup to do.

The sun is shining now :-).

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 12-06-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Glad you are OK dear Sass!!!
Really happy you got the machine at last. xx
Old 12-06-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Yaaay Sassy, sewing machine arrived, eek about falling, but glad you’re ok.

FBL, I thought you were a natural.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Quiet sunny Sunday here . . . .hmmm . . . although "quiet" is kind of how most days are right now.

I took a shower, changed clothes and brushed my teeth in the early afternoon . . . I'm trying to trick my psyche into thinking it is morning as I do better in the am.

Well I'm off to do some online shopping which I don't like . . . I'm looking for some printer ink and purple fairy lights . . . very not exciting.

Carry on all.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Bekind, I too work better in the mornings. I put it down to me being a morning person. I hope the psyche trick worked.

I think it’s time for another cuppa.

Have a Mindful Monday my friends. xxxx
Old 12-06-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Who knew a new sewing machine would cause 'sidewalk gymnastics' glad you are okay Sassy.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Glad you survived the 'trip' to fetch the new machine Sass, can't wait to hear about what you make! X
Old 12-06-2020, 11:55 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Glad you are ok Sassy!

Best wishes for a good week all!
Old 12-07-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I’m not planning on anymore “sidewalk gymnastics” My first project is a little appliqué Christmas tree to hang on my door - if it comes out reasonably well. Unfortunately I don’t think the fanciest machine can make an expert sewist who wasn’t one before - reminds me of the old saw about you can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Oh well!

Life is quiet otherwise. Until now Maine has been one of the three states that weren’t doing horribly with covid. That’s now changing so the vaccine can’t get here soon enough.

Thinking of all of you
Old 12-07-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Irk Sassy, I am sorry to hear about Maine. I was so proud of my state early on in the epidemic as we did relatively well; our numbers are way up now. I'd feel better if I understood why we did so well earlier and why we are doing so much worse now. I do see how winter and people being indoors makes a difference.

I saw a meme yesterday that said: "Quit asking me what I'm doing; I'm at home living the same day everyday" . . . . .that really sums up my life right now and probably the lives of many humans right now. I can say, I'd rather be at home taking care of my Dad than in a hospital watching helplessly as folks die of covid. Ugh. For those medical folks I am willing to endure a lot of boredom.

On the good news (not very exciting but still): Dad and I opened a can of Whomp-donkey (the word here is not "donkey" but as this is a family friendly site, you will need to fill the correct word in yourself) this morning and did a good solid half hour of old man exercise. Also I found and ordered two strings of purple LED Christmas lights so I have something to look forward to.

So I'm off to call my sister, wipe off some tables and tidy up the apartment.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Overs

Sassy, an appliqué Christmas tree sound very festive and I’m sure it’ll adorn your door beautifully.

Bekind, is the can of Whompy stuff, games?

Not a lot going on, Groundhog Day mostly, but I did write out some Christmas cards to hubby’s relatives in Wales and Cornwall. The Welsh names are surely a challenge on my vocabulary.

A heartwarming snippet of news. A cake programme on tv made this beautiful cake of a nurse and Santa. They donated to an NHS hospital for Christmas.

Be safe my friends. Have a good Tuesday. xxxx
Old 12-07-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Yep, Groundhog day again, but there's always coffee.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That cake is gorgeous Mags, but who would want to be the one to cut into it?? I think Bekind meant Donkey to read as A$$!

Bekind, I guess we all would rather live in Groundhog Day than the old Chinese curse of 'I hope you live in Interesting Times'. Who needs Interesting Times when boring is so much safer!

If I'm honest, very little changed for me this year. Yes we missed our big West Coast trip, and I can't visit my mum every few weeks, I have to plan a shopping trip round if I really need to buy anything, but really my day to day life has not been altered other than the addition of Mr T on a more permanent basis instead of practically a weekend visitor. But that has been a lovely adaptation and one which has brought us closer. I've read that some marriages have really struggled through the last year, and I can see how financial struggles and young kids can cause more friction, but we are a much tighter unit than we ever were.

Andy, how is DD settling back in at home?

Sass, you will have to post a picture of your first creation!

Have a Super Tuesday/Wednesday everyone
Old 12-08-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, I thought Whompy A$$ was a game
Old 12-08-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for being mindful of the worksafe rule bekind.
Because 'ass' has (at least) two meanings it's not on the censored list

D
Old 12-08-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats to our "overs" founding member Least on 11 amazing years sober today!

In my FB recovery group we are posting about the positive things that have happened to us in 2020. I completed 3 book projects, moved into a spacious new office, stayed healthy (knock on wood!), hosted my online recovery meeting every single Saturday morning (haven't missed one yet!), made a ton of new friends and continued on my path of recovery. Overall, not a bad year for me!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!

Old 12-08-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

FBL, that sounds like a very positive and productive year to me!

Bekind, a non-exciting life can be a good thing, imho. You are a trooper .

Mags, I adore that cake! Even on TV there are folks who do something positive and caring.

Andy, when I can have my first cuppa about an hour from now I will also have a smiling face!

Dee, you rascal - here you are suggesting naughtiness of language

Hi PJ and everyone else reading!

It seems to me that we are getting through this pandemic in a more positive way than some people I know. Our fellowship has been my first thing in the morning reminder that we are all connected and have all overcome other significant challenges in our lives and come out stronger. We are doing it again

Old 12-08-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Sassy, I think you are correct about us getting through a pandemic perhaps a little more positive than the rest of the public. We all here are united in surviving our own personal pandemics and know what it will look like maybe on the other side. We have experience already dealing with life threatening diseases.

That is an adorable cake Mags!

FBL, I am glad that you can look back on so many positives over the course of this year!

Have a good day all!
Old 12-08-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning Overs!

I woke with a bit of a headache this morning, so I'm treating myself to an easy rise by catching up on your posts and enjoying a cup of coffee I feel better already!!! Thanks guys!

Toots - Love Molly's photos. It completely captures 'holiday 2020' season

Least - Congrats on 11 years! Woot Woot!

Saskia - Glad you are home safe with your new machine, just in time to hunker down for the snowy season. Enjoy learning new/old skills!

PJ - hope the storm isn't as bad as predicted. No fires for OZ this year (fingers crossed).

Andy - Yay!!!!! So happy DD18 is home

FBL - When does snow usually stick for you guys?

Mags - that is the best cake!!! brought me a smile. Thx for sharing.

We had a lovely weekend here. I did a slight adjustment with Baby K with Santa - earlier in the pandemic you might recall the bear hunts for kids....I basically used that concept that she was familiar with and we have been going for Santa hunts 2x a day for our outings, one at dusk when the lights start to turn on. So far we have seen lots of evidence that Santa has been there (decorations, lights)....but no Santa yet . The big shift is that she's excited now - I think it's helped that we start with something that she is actually experiencing, and then explain what it means, instead of starting with the concept b/c at 2, the abstract is still hard to grasp. Now she's got it

And she's up! Happy Tues everyone!