Notices

Class of May 2020 part 11

Old 11-28-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

TC / great job on handling that craving!!!

I also like Venus' suggestion about "not liking the AV" and using an inner voice to let it know we don't like him/her

Coz / congrats on the milestones! no booze and no cigarettes! that's pretty remarkable!
Old 11-28-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Coz- A big congrats to you! Simply amazing. Your wishing well idea sounds so cute! OMG I wish I could build things. I've said it before- you can do anything. I'm convinced. I can't wait to see the pictures. That is a photo that I took of some of my beloved hummingbirds.
Karen- I had the same thing happen to me many years ago. I had cooked a roast in my favorite glass dish. It literally exploded in so many pieces. Hoping all the family are healthy after the holiday.
TC- There are just jerks in all roles in life. I'm certain of that. I really liked your list and am wishing you the best in making all of it happen. I love the fact that we can share our worst here with no fear.
Dee- thank you for your kind words.
Venus- I think that is such a sweet thing to do for your neighbors.

Folks, the AV came to visit me again this afternoon. I honestly was so annoyed. Again, he just visited out of the blue. Told me that it was a great day to pick up a bottle of wine. Same tactics as a couple of days ago. I had to go and find some early dinner. That seemed make it go away. I truly hope it is the full moon energy making things crazy. I don't need any more of these tester days. I'm much better now. Ready to start another sober day tomorrow.
Have a good day/night all.
Hope
Old 11-28-2020, 07:58 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

One thing I forgot to mention that helped me through today and two days ago was that when I thought of drinking a bottle of wine, I also forced myself to remember that if I did, tomorrow I would have to order 8 or so bottles or go in and pick up that many to get me going good again. Oh the horrors of that thought.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Free.

Thanks, Hope, for the caring words.
Sorry about the tough times with the AV​​​​​​. ​You deserve goodness and calm. Sober is the way to go. Each day is a bit more distance from the beast.

Playing the tape through is a good tool. It helped me to stay on track yesterday.

It’s after11p.m. here. G’night.

Old 11-29-2020, 03:59 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Coz

Hope and TC - one more day to go until full moon, then hopefully your AVs wains with the moon. I was feeling moon effects today - but none that made me want to drink or smoke - just on edge, a bit stressed and a bit cranky.

But despite my less than ideal mood, I got a long way with my wishing wells - they just need another coat of oil and some decorating:

Karen, Suze, Willow, Dig, nmd, WL, Og, Maria, Dee, everyone - thinking of you and sending love and hugs.

I've got an interesting week and my first Christmas function for the season. So some challenges I think.
Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

They are beyond divine. Just incredible. You could have your own business just making those. You could paint them up in a thousand different ways....decorative pieces or bright colours for children....you truly are incredibly talented dear Coz. s xx
Old 11-29-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Free.

Cute little wishing wells Coz!

Getting up and at it early for a Sunday. 8 a.m. here. Will try to get to the grocery stores while still quiet. By 10:30 everyone is in the stores.

I got a ton of marking done yesterday so work will be a bit more relaxed for me. Today, a bit of housework and some T.V. I think.

Have a nice one!

​​​​​​​
Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Free.

I hope Willow is having a nice time on her outdoor adventure.

Old 11-29-2020, 08:28 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Congrats on two months sober and 40 days smoke free, Coz! I am in love with your wishing wells! What a great gift. Maybe the scroll could say, "Here's a little wishing well, since 2020 went to hell, put all your hopes and wishes here, and 2021 will be a better year!" Hee hee.
TC, I am shocked at what your old sponsor did, too! That is not the way it's supposed to go at all. He should be afraid of his karma.
I love your thoughtful posts.
Hope, thank heavens you got through that. Thinking it through makes a huge difference for me, too. When I look at it now, drinking as a whole I mean, I don't think of the first 20 minutes, my mind goes right to that awful sick and scared feeling that comes a little later. LIke the dream I had, where I was going to have a just one beer, but then started in hiding more before I even had it. It's not worth it at all, especially considering that sobriety feels great.
I must do some online Christmas shopping today.
I hope Willow had fun, too.
Where in the world is WL?
Hugs to all of you.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Morning lovely ones s
Old 11-29-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Morning Suze, and everyone

Coz that really makes sense for me with the moon. I’ve been crabby too. Mostly with my partner lol. But I’m trying not to let it influence my words and actions. Trying to remind myself of what I’m grateful for. Also, the big picture is too scary right now, so I’m focusing on the little things that I can influence in my own little world. Doing small things each day. I think this perspective helps me feel less overwhelmed.

Well done Hope on not giving in to the AV! What a trickster it is. I agree with the PJs too, it helps me too. And food. Not liking the AV. That’s a good tactic too!

Suze, regarding the AV, this is gold! “I don't like you. I don't want you here. I am not letting you in.” By the way, I prefer eggs to turkey too

Lol Coz, your analogy of TC being spread over toast and losing his crusts made me chuckle

Well done TC on resisting the AV. Like Karen said, the AV is doing it’s rounds lately. It’s been banging on at me too. As Dig said too, it’s very opportunistic and quickly sneaks in as soon as we are even slightly vulnerable for whatever reason.

Dig, I really feel for your Dad, sending virtual love to him. The Christmas season is tough for my family now that Mum and Dad have gone ❤️

nmd I hope you and your wife are on the mend soon Congratulations on 6 months!

TC that was a really great post about “how much work have I done lately to maintain my physical/spiritual/emotional health and my sobriety?” Thank you. I need to do myself up a list too.... And I think that was really low of the AA person to do that. Not helpful or kind at all. I don’t get why people can be so mean sometimes.

Suze what a lovely idea for a neighbourhood Secret Santa ❤️

Coz! Well done on sobriety and cigarette-free, that’s really wonderful and those wishing wells are so cute!

WL, are you still here?

I’m home and had a lovely time. I really do love being outdoors and being unplugged from technology. A big attraction for going out camping is escaping from the “rat race”, and I love that there’s no phone reception out there. It’s very remote, just lots of bush, walking tracks and gorgeous swimming holes. I saw lots of kangaroos but didn’t get any photos. I did photograph a few cows on the cattle stations we drove through, and some freshwater turtles in the river We had to do a rather long detour to get home because one of the roads was closed, but it was interesting seeing different places
Old 11-29-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

What big picture is scary right now love? s
Old 11-29-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Coz

Wow Willow - great post! Glad you had a good time away. I do think a 'big picture' plan is a good thing to have, as is feeling comfortable in where we sit in the 'big picture'. BUT, only when we are in the right mind space - otherwise, I think focusing on, and accepting the present is the only way to go. Even in the big picture, we have to enjoy the journey and not rush it (I have difficulty with this bit).

Karen - love your idea for scroll words! I'm going to use that as my starting point and just try to weave a positive environmental slant to it too. Happy shopping! I hope you find what you need. I'm not doing any Christmas shopping this year (apart from food). I'm making gifts and sending home made vouchers to my kids - we can't get together this Christmas, so I'm sending them an 'all expenses paid' voucher for a trip to Central Queensland for a Christmas in July (hoping Covid has p'd-off by then).

TC - great that you caught up on your marking - hopefully that will be one less burden for the week and you might not feel spread so thin.

Suze - thanks for your lovely words. I'm thinking I might put native plants in the wishing wells for my work committee. Fits with the environmental theme of our work and I think some green/colour will set off the wood look.

Hope - Hoping AV is quieting down. Is there something going on that is opening some cracks for the thoughts to be regular at the moment? Playing the tape forward is great, but not having to deal with thoughts of drinking daily would be easier. HALT? Change in anything impacting on your emotions? Just the weather and moon? What ever it is - I'm thinking if you can keep winning for another day, you will get stronger and stronger and find some stable sober feet. Stay close please.

Hi to all. Gotta start my working week. Take care.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
What big picture is scary right now love? s
Coming back to reality after a lovely time in the Aussie bush

I just meant that it is worrying thinking too much about the uncertainty created by the pandemic, and the ailing health of my elderly family members and not being able to see them because we can’t travel to them. I know the whole world is in a similar situation, it’s not just me. Also I have some future financial concerns if I want to retire from working.... I would really like to retire but financially it’s just not viable yet.

I find the future rather overwhelming if I think too much about it, so it’s helpful if I focus on what can I do here and now. I think that’s why I love camping so much. It’s all about here and now
Old 11-29-2020, 01:59 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Well, within 6 months everyone will be vaccinated. And way before then travel will fully open up inside Australia. So that's good.

The other stuff....future financial concerns and things like that....you are still a spring chicken honey....maybe you can change up your working life rather than retiring and make it work financially. I bet you can.

I guess my point is I feel there is a big difference between worrying about the future and looking at it practically.
I used to worry about everything...now I am only worried about one thing....progress huh? s
Old 11-29-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I got up early. I had my eye on this new "fake" Christmas tree someone had posted online. It was too large for them so they listed it and I really wanted it. So I picked it up this morning. I haven't put up a tree in a few years because I am always gone for the holidays. This year, I needed something merry and bright and now. Hubby told me that I have said many years ago that I said I would never have an artificial tree. I let him know that I am female and it's my option to change my mind. So I spent the day putting up my tree.
Coz- those wishing wells are so beautiful! You are beyond talented. I have a wooden pallet or two but I don't think mine are as nice as yours.
Willow - Welcome back. The moon is nice and bright tonight. Hoping the craziness will be gone soon.
Karen- hope you find some good deals shopping online. Tomorrow is cyber Monday. I've found a few good deals but nothing mind blowing.
Talked my hubby into watching "It's a wonderful life" with me. We are half way through. Hoping life can mimic the big screen for all of us. I love this movie! Have a good night all.
Hope
Old 11-29-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Free.

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
...keep winning for another day,
I love this!!
I hope we can all do just that throughout the season.

Enjoy your new tree Hope!

It’s well past my bedtime. G’night all.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Coz, you impress us every time with your woodwork! I can barely hammer a nail into a 2 x4 haha.

Toronto is on lockdown for the foreseeable future now. Probably will be on lockdown until a vaccine arrives. I am concerned about getting way too bored and drinking come Christmas time.

I've been distracting myself with great Netflix shows. Watching "The Crown" now and wildlife documentaries. How has Prince Philip survived to 100 years old after smoking cigarettes so long? He surely doesn't now but probably had a good run of smoking tobacco for 30 years or so.

I'm a smoker only when drinking. I don't get the craving when sober. Another reason to stay sober.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-30-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Well, he is only 99 () and I would say they have the best medical help on the planet.

Good to see you dear WL! s xx
Old 11-30-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Free.

It is probably a perfectly good day today. I can’t shake an unsettled feeling.

I hope you all have a good sober day today!