Notices

Class of July 2020 Part 4

Old 10-25-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2020 Part 4

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-20.html (Class of July 2020 Part 3)
Old 10-25-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

New thread. Woot woot!
Noticed something interesting this morning. Will watch to see if it holds true.
I noticed that I was more fixated on how many consecutive days I've been exercising and how many miles that translates to having walked, instead of how many days I've been sober. I'm not discounting sobriety, but I am able to build upon it. I am so delighted to find that I have found a replacement goal in my health. One that I really care about and that I am driven to achieve. One that I have to be sober to achieve.
On Wednesday I will have walked a mile for 100 consecutive days. I began 30 days after I got sober. That is 100 miles!
Congrats to all staying sober. I'm so thankful.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Wow Kaptn, 100 miles! That’s a fantastic achievement!
Old 10-26-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It really is!!! s ❤️
Old 10-27-2020, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey all just a quick pop in to say hi. Well done all! I'm still sober, still recovering from covid just got the fatigue now. I went to buy soup and bread today. I was ever so faintly...dimly aware of the alcohol aisle. But firmly ignored. Remembered all the agony that aisle has led me down.

Red...I agree if you look carefully there are shortages here and there. It's not a good sign. Let's hope all will be well. I have stocked up for the winter. Stockpiled the toilet paper haha

Walking is great for sobriety I find Kaptn...especially out in nature, good for body and mind. Healing for the soul. I don't know if you have a Fitbit or anything but they are great to keep you motivated x

Take care all and well done x
Old 10-27-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Trees
Sounds like you’re doing really well, which is lovely to hear
I agree, walking out in nature is great for the soul
Old 10-29-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How’s everyone doing?
Old 10-30-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Willow Its quiet in here. I hope your having a great day/night. Its 10am here just got a black coffee. It is cold wet windy and grey, I have to go to the post office and then to Tesco to buy baking supplies... daughter wants to bake halloween cupcakes. Trick or treating is banned here in tier 3 so I'm doing all I can to make Halloween fun for my kids. The AV is whispering I could buy alcohol while I am there but there is no way. Not ruining this halloween or any other occasion or any other day. I am so relaxed and peaceful sober.

Take care all xx
Old 10-30-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I bet the cupcakes turn out brilliantly!
And I hope you and your kids have a fun Halloween dear Greentree! 💜
Old 10-31-2020, 10:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Greentree and Suze
Cupcakes sound yum! We didn’t really do much either, went bushwalking and cleaned up the yard a bit,

Often class threads get really quiet, but you could join us in the 24 hour thread, or the Undies club (one year and under) or the weekenders there’s usually someone around in those threads when the class threads get quiet
Old 11-01-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's been in a while. Haven't been on in a year or two and then I saw an email from SR today. I hit 100 days last night and remembered, what I could in my condition, all of the support while I was here. Thankfully a side effect of medication I started taking was possible cessation of tobacco. I not only stopped smoking, but lost my craving for alcohol as well.

Not much has changed really, other than I'm clearer headed and have lost 30 pounds. I need to start going through these threads again and learn how to live sober.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That’s great JaredMud, 100 days is fantastic!
Old 11-01-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jarred

congrats on 100 days!

D
Old 11-02-2020, 03:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So good to see you dear Jarred!!! s xx
Old 11-02-2020, 10:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi

Day 120 - been kinda busy - so Hi

My eating was out of control and not good stuff (piles of bacon, sausages, French fries, fried eggs, mushrooms saute'd in butter and garlic, fried tomatoes, bakes beans, toasted crumpets covered with butter and melted cheese with hot chilli sauce on top - all on one giant family serving plate)

I kinda transposed my booze addiction to food. I enjoyed the bad food and it has helped my stay sober - but now it is time to put it aside. I got up to 17 stones (108 kilos) - the heaviest I have every been.

So I am on a fast at the moment to loose weight and do an eating-habits reset. I'm just coming to the end of day 2 of the water fast, and it is nowhere near as bad as quitting booze. My goal is 189 pounds (14 stones 7 pounds or 88 kilos) but I cannot do that in one go (I don't think - and it might not be safe). I think 100 kilo is a realistic goal for my fist fast. I'm currently at 105.9 kilos, so should be at 100 kilos in about 5 more days. I'm definitely going to fast for a week but I might do 10 days if I am not unwell.

Presently I'm drowning in unfinished projects because I simply cannot get the parts, and logistics are breaking down in Britain with thefts and delays. I'm not fretting too much because I've prepped enough to survive - but doing business and making money has become very difficult in Britain.

@ CaptainHaddock - there is a bunch of lakes near me full of fish - you would like it

Anyway - feeling well physically (knees are nice), and peaceful mentally and emotionally, and real happy that I 'm not boozing. I'm apprehensive and excited about the election tomorrow, but given the state of the world I think I am doing OK.

Well done if you lasted another day - we are real troopers now - true grit :-)

Old 11-02-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done on 120 days Red! That’s fantastic! Be careful with the fasting. I don’t know much about fasting, but I know I get headaches when I don’t eat. Look after yourself!

Not much to report here, just really busy! Time is flying by towards Christmas! and I have so much to do before then....

Happy Tuesday everyone
Old 11-02-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats recardid

D
Old 11-03-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great going red that food sounds awesome. I was actually a big comfort eater and I switched it to drink...I wish a lot of the time I had stuck to the food..but things are what they are.

Husband accused me of drinking yesterday I hadn't... It escalated a little and he said I had hid and kept his credit card for 3 days I said I hadn't it was hiding behind another card in his wallet and I told him to check the transactions to show I hadn't used it at all...hes full of apologies today and said his worry got carried away I said it's ok and I understand and I know I have got to suck it up but it still feels difficult when I am recovering and a little bit (lot) fragile.

I think I will post on the more active forums but for now this feels a bit of a safe space for me :-) and I will build up to it.

Great to see your positive post jarred keep it up :-) take care all xx
Old 11-03-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You have all of our support dear Greentree.
You are doing REALLY well!! s ❤️
Old 11-04-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I agree with Suze, Greentree, you have our support here. I also post on other threads, but it can be daunting, and challenging to keep up with them when they get busy. I do feel safe in the smaller, quieter threads