Notices

Class of October 2020 Part 2

Old 10-27-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

That;s great news Liz, well done on getting through Another day is another win.

Just looked in the mirror before bed and I m sure my face looks ever so less bloated. Can it really make such a difference in just 5 days.

Anyway night all from stormy Scotland
Old 10-27-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

.....checking in. Struggling a bit to get to where I need to be. Have to try for enough focus to do some work this afternoon. Really need to have a better existence, its been just me locked up alone with the DOC. It doesn't like sharing you with anyone else. I'm just keeping enough of it functioning to get to the next place.....but I know I can't keep it going as it is for much longer.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can be hard to stop the crazy train but if you can stop it for work, you can stop it for other reasons too?

D
Old 10-27-2020, 08:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

As always Dee......a good thought.
I'll think that through while getting into it this afternoon.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just checking in, day 2 in the books, felt a lot better today than yesterday. I've been here before and back again for the needed motivation. Started some healthy habits to help me through and keep my mind busy such as morning meditation, journaling, reading a new book and getting in some time on the acupressure mat before sleep. Thanks again for having me, will keep in touch.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning all
Hope your day got better soda. Maybe try distraction, a bath, read, netflix, exercise, anything but drink.

Congrats on day 2 Looking4

Day 6. sLept badly but so be it. Just waking up nit having had a drink the night before is so precious. Hold onto that thought.

Take care all.x
Old 10-28-2020, 01:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks RAL.....I spent the afternoon working. I draw for work so it is involving....involving is relaxing. You get into it...wind down. At the end you have something done....so the nagging stress of deadline is gone.
I have a sober life that I visit, sometimes for weeks and weeks. Lotsa netflix, reading.....walk an hour a day. Then...fall back into this other one again and again....and it can be hard to get back again. Maybe it is getting harder.

Ok...sleep does return....and it is so good when it does.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Dear Ready,
I had/ have the same problem. I think it’s part the need to wind down, part rewarding yourself for a day of hard work, and part habit. So change up your evening routine and see if it helps...I’m finding that it helps me to have 10 mins of quiet when I come home, to plan some activity (even chores) for Even a half hour, and I’ve been reading (something I didn’t do while drinking)
best wishes
Old 10-28-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello Octsobers!

It's day 4 bulimia-free for me, which is something I haven't achieved since May! Feeling good, too

Relena - Hope your blood work goes ok

Looking - Congrats on day 2. These early days can be really really tough

RAL - I hope it's not too stormy in Scotland. It's pretty wild even down here in Dorset at the moment Great news on the bloating. When I gave up drinking, my skin improved dramatically

Hope everyone has a successfully sober day xxxxxx
Old 10-28-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I'm moving here from the August thread because of a recent, and very bad even though short, relapse. Still feeling the bad effects. I hope it will help me to remember when I ever get the idea to make a bad choice.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 11, feeling good, sleeping better thank goodness. The pain on my right side is beginning to fade, so i think my inflammation is going down. More energy for sure, but still emotional at times. I definitely like waking up sober. Happy Wednesday
Old 10-28-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
I'm moving here from the August thread because of a recent, and very bad even though short, relapse. Still feeling the bad effects. I hope it will help me to remember when I ever get the idea to make a bad choice.
Welcome, Charon. It takes guts to come back from a relapse. Good to have you on board xxxx
Old 10-28-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

BTG, congratulations on 11 days. Good job!

Charon, welcome to the October class. How is Ruthie?

Devizes, four days, that's great!
Old 10-28-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Congrats on 4 days Devizes. We've actually had a decent enough day weather wise, dry at least

Welcome back Charon

Congrats on day 11 BTG - great result

Matrac, thanks for the good ideas. I am doing things like that. Even just keeping busy and eating earlier really helps.

Soda-I hope your afternoon went well. Are you an artist? I'm impressed I have no creativity at all!!

Day 6 coming to a close. Another long and pretty stressful day but just kept telling myself the only way is forward and it will get better.

Hope you've had a good day Liz.1 week tomorrow

Old 10-28-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

If I was you dear RAL, I would be doing a happy dance for day 6. No matter what. No matter how crappy you feel.

You did this. 6 days sober. That is fantastic. That is 6x fantastic!!!!!! s ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 10-28-2020, 12:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

RAL congrats on day 6! That's great, keep moving forward, it just gets better
Old 10-28-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Charon and congrats on day 6 RAL

D
Old 10-28-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you Venus and BTG and Dee for your kind words. Just reading your posts really has brought a smile to my face and lifted my spirits It really shows me how just a kind word or 2 really can have such a huge impact on another person. I've been trying to be a nicer person this week too, more patient and speaking with kindness -irl.

Sleep now. Night all.x
Old 10-28-2020, 04:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Night lovely one. ❤️
Old 10-28-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 11 over. Still finding late afternoons/early evenings to be an anxious time but hoping that time will start to mellow that soon. I can put up with it but it can be a very intense feeling. The weekend is in sight, and the 2 week point.

Stay strong all!!