Notices

Class of October 2020 Part 2

Old 10-26-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So, just my two cents....your house your rules. Which means you totally have the right to ask for a good attitude and decent behaviour.
I am guessing things didn't work out the way your girl wanted, so if she has moved back home with her dog, she needs to tow your line love.
I think so anyway. s xx ❤️
Old 10-26-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze. We just had it out a bit about the dog. She got into one of my plants and strew dirt all over my living room while I was in the laundry room. Daugther says well, uh, I put your plants up now. I had to be the one to put the dog in her crate and clean up the mess. I love dogs, but there is a reason we don't own one... especially a puppy.
And no, things did not go as planned with being married. She is now living here with the dog, with a boyfriend in the Navy who she met online through the husband.

I should write a novel.

Not drinking tonight, nope!!
Old 10-26-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh wow..... eek indeed.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

She is doing young and dumb (for a very intelligent) person right now. I am trying to be helpful and supportive, but it isn't easy at the moment.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I get that.....for sure....Aussie in America....I lost hours of light/day and oodles of sunshine.

So we will do this again tomorrow and every day that you need to until you feel stronger.
Fear shared is fear dissipated....well, it works that way for me.

Love you honey. s ❤️
Thank you so much for your kindness and support. I know I can do this. BUT sometimes doubt I have the strength and commitment and will take the easy route instead. As I keep doing. But i know every night will not be this bad and it does get better. Thank you again to you all. now I will try and sleep. I only got 6 hours last night so that doesn't help the mental state.

Hope everyone has had a good and sober day and thanks to this site and everyone on it.xx
Old 10-26-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

That sounds pretty difficult stuff Citrus but I'm with Venus. Your house your rules. As an adult she should respect that and if she doesn't then she is old enough to make alternative living arrangements. Boundaries are good for all kids, not just little ones
Old 10-26-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Night darling RAL s xx ❤️❤️
Old 10-26-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks RAL. I look forward to being sober with you tomorrow! Sweet dreams!
Old 10-26-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Currently 4 days sober from my last 2 day binge session. Finally going to a primary care doctor tomorrow to get bloodwork done. That visit is going to cost around $450.00 and if I need an ultrasound as well that will be an additional $1,550.00. But at least i'll know if i'm dying soon or not yay. They said they do payment plans lol. This one I bounced back quickly from, physically at least. Still having lots of crying spells. Rewarded myself with a grilled cheese for dinner. Hope everyone is sober and well this evening.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the results will be better than you fear relena

D
Old 10-26-2020, 10:06 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in you guys, looking foward to getting caught up, thanks for having me.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome looking4awagon

Relena-that's great news to see your doc and sure your results will be better than you expect,

Day 5. Thank goodness. Slept really well. Today I will not drink no matter what life throws at me.

Hope you all have a good day.x
Old 10-27-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Ok...gearing up for the 4 or 5 days of sleeplessness, sweating itching, the sinitus....that it takes to get out of where I am now. On the other side of it there isn't any family or partner waiting etc, but maybe some new things to do that will take 100% commitment. actually there is a lot waiting. I've been offered a partnership in a business. But to do it...I'm gonna have to be very present and available all the time. Neither of which ppl drinking tend to do well at. Gotten away with being avoidant and mailing it in. Literally.
I have been to meetings so effing sick. I think I get away with it.......but maybe I don't. I'm not a canceller. I do turn up. But really, please, Monday's aren't too good for me, maybe later in the week.

Ok...I'm uncomfortable with the big reveal that seems to make for a successful presence on any kind of online forum. I've watched some utter car crashes on here.....and, yeah, sometimes you wonder about a lot of it. But I have had a lot of warm support here in the past and have to give it another go. G'nite all, go well.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:21 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome looking4awagon and sodasoba.
Big reveals are not a prerequisite - we're here to help not be titillated

D
Old 10-27-2020, 01:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

A big thing I've got out of reading here, for a few years now....is that we are all the same regardless of everything that the rest of the world uses to define and group ppl.
We know what this is like and how it works its way through our lives, we know what it is like to sweat and grind and crave. They just talk about 'mental health'....and all the therapy BS about how your thoughts are just 'clouds in a clear sky".....puff all the bad thoughts away and there will be sunshine. Then the well paid therapist goes home to a glass of wine with partner. Such a tough week.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

No ones denying that addicted folks suffer but I've personally known some counsellors and psychologists who burn out from the stress of trying help others too.

All thats by the by - all I can do here is offer my support and encouragement to you Sodasoba

I'm glad you're back and looking at another quit

D
Old 10-27-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group relena and looking4awagon! And you too dear Soda. s

Old 10-27-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Just read this powerful message and it floored me.

"You will achieve more in one year being sober than ten years being drunk."

So true!
Old 10-27-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome Sodasoba

Great message Lixie. How are you doing?

How are you Citrus and BTG? Hope everyone else is having a decent day.

I've had a really busy day and evening with no thoughts of drinking so even though had some difficult moments and challenges I dealt with them. Feel pretty tired now but that's good. Day 5 coming to a close.

Love to all,x
Old 10-27-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

RAL, my sober twin! Day 5 coming to a close here as well, and after a hefty meltdown (discussion w/partner about getting a dog or not) I was surprised to see that I had no desire to drink. Feeling optimistic!

How is everyone else today?