Notices

Class of October 2020 Part 2

Old 11-24-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Congrats to all the people counting days/months/years. I don't count because it leads me to overconfidence. I just want to know I made it through yesterday so I can make it through today.

I made Ukranian nut rolls from an "old country" recipe (that I improved on) yesterday. It takes virtually all day, so no post yesterday. I haven't tried mine yet (the recipe makes 6 large rolls - one each for my brother, sister, son, daughter, Mrs & me).because I think they are better after sitting overnight and resting. Mrs can never wait. She tells me this is the best batch yet. The secret to getting that compliment every time is to make them infrequently - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. That way they always taset like the best ever. LOL

Old 11-25-2020, 02:34 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Mrs can never wait. She tells me this is the best batch yet. The secret to getting that compliment every time is to make them infrequently - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. That way they always taset like the best ever. LOL

Love that, Charon! Those rolls look gorgeous too

Day 32 for me and I'm into my second month bulimia-free!

Hope everyone else is doing well xxxx
Old 11-25-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you guys hitting milestones

D
Old 11-25-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

I got a decent amount of new trail made yeaterday. I might get to do a bit more today. I'll keep going till the ground freezes.

With Ruthie at the groomer (first time) I'm going to take the opportunity to clean the living room rug using the new Rug Doctor and their All in One pet specialty solution.

I'm finally sattisfied with the roll on the nutrolls. It is even, all the way around and out to the ends.

Old 11-26-2020, 03:58 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Wishing a very very happy Thanksgiving Day to all our US Octsobers!

Hope you're all having a fabulous day

Old 11-26-2020, 04:59 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Happy Turkey day to anyone from the US! I am so happy I will be able to really enjoy my food today and will remember every moment of it. I am also glad I won't be tipsy and won't accidentally step into any political arguments. It's just turkey and stuffing for me today with a big serving of apple pie!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-26-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Old 11-27-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hope you had a lovely sober Thanksgiving Cait. It's so lovely to have a clear memory of all that happened!

All going well here. On 34 days bulimia-free today
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

s 💜
Old 11-28-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hope all our Octsobers are doing fine??

Today I'm FIVE weeks bulimia-free!!! Yay!!

Yesterday I went to the shops like a normal person. I only needed milk so I only bought milk! Usually, I'd be buying chocolate and ice cream and biscuits to replace the ones I'd eaten earlier in the day or just because they were there (heaven help me if they were on offer!!!) I'm much healthier and I'm saving a fortune too
Old 11-28-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats everyone on your milestones

D
Old 11-28-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Coz

Devizes - such great work. Five weeks is fantastic - so are the changes you are seeing in your shopping experience. Well done .

Cait, Charon, Phil, all the Octsobers -

Two month milestone for me today. Very happy and content at the moment. Never felt like this when drinking all day, everyday. Sober life is good and worth fighting for.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Many many congratulations, Coz, on two months. Yippeeeee!

We've just been out for a short walk. It's lovely out there, all cold and foggy. I love this time of year, it can be so atmospheric! It's also lovely coming home to a warm house and a hot coffee

I hope everyone else is doing well xxxxxxx
Old 11-30-2020, 08:47 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Ruthie and I got a lot done outside yesterday. Today it's raining, but I am ready to clear snow.

Apparently the breeder doesn't brush her puppies. The ggoomer had no choice but to give Ruthless a buzz cut. I feel so sorry for her. The picture looks way, way better than she really does. On a happy note. Another orchid opened and on it's second bloom from a seedling it is really stunning. At least I think so. Only 2½ inches across.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Awww, poor little sweetie. So what, her fur was all matted? s

Beautiful orchid Charon.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Oh yes, Charon, that is a beautiful orchid. And grown from seed, too? Excellent!

I have two orchids which are about to bloom. I'll post photos of them if I can work out how it's done!
Old 12-01-2020, 03:09 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hey fellow October Class members! I am still sober thankfully, on to day 45 now and feeling pretty good. It is still early days so I am not getting complacent but I feel optimistic again. I feel like things are going well and that another few weeks will resign my 3.5 month slip well and truly into the past. In saying that I do not want to lose the memories of the anguish I caused myself and the utter pain and horror of clawing my way back out again, that I need to keep me straight.

Anyway just checking in. Holiday season is here and I am looking forward to time off work in a few weeks and good times with my family. It will be different this year with the coronavirus restrictions but to be honest I'm ok with most of it as it will ensure there are fewer social occasions I have to get through without drinking. I can manage them with no issues but there are certain possible invitations that end up with everyone but me getting drunk and I hate being around drunk people (the irony...). I am grateful for my sobriety and long may it continue!
Old 12-01-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Great job on 45 days, Phil. You should get through Christmas with no problems!

I'm on 38 days bulimia-free now and very happy about that

Lovely busy morning this morning. I filled two bins with garden rubbish and painted a garage wall. Off soon for a suitably socially-distanced walk with a friend and then putting up Christmas decorations. Yay!

I'm so so happy it's December!
Old 12-01-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Venus - Yep. Her fur at skin level was so matted that the groomer showed it to us when we picked her up. It looked like an animal had been skinned. It was just a solid mass of hair.

Devizes - Sorry for the misunderstanding. I bought it as un unbloomed seedling. Small - but not from seed. The way I post pictures is to upload them to Imgur (account is free). Then when you sign in, hover over your username (upper right) and click on images in the drop down menu. Then click on Add Images in the green button (upper right) and then browse in the window that pops up. Once you upload the images you go to Images the same way, click on the picture you want to post. To the right you will see Direct Link. Click on copy. Then above the message you are posting find the Image icon (left of smilies). Click on that and paste the copied direct link and click the gree OK (lower right).

Old 12-02-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I did the virus test last night on the orchid I suspected. Sure enough it tested strongly positive. That one goes into the garbage as soon as it's flowers are gone. Worse, I could lose the entire collection if it spread to the other plants. Not very happy today.