Have a good day everyone.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Double post
Old 10-04-2020, 11:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Bekind, I would happily ship you some of our rain!! I keep looking at the weather for our part of Spain and then looking out the window at a typical Scottish autumn day ( dreich and drear). I'm hoping at least for some dry days to come so I can work in the garden.

Itchy we are still splitting our time between two countries for now.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Good morning Overs!

Glad you had fun at the card show FBL. I hope all were masked, as I see parts of your state are really getting zonked by the virus.

Itchy, glad that you are able to get so much in before the weather turns. I have a long list of outdoor chores I need to do in a narrow window before the weather permanently turns here. The tree folks whom I used recently have a deal with myself and my neighbor to dump some high quality shredded chips in our yards for free if they are in the neighborhood. I have an unlimited need for mulch, and even buying wholesale truckloads here is expensive. It saves the tree guys from hauling it far away to dump. I need to scrape and paint some outside windows too. And, of course, the leaves are just beginning to drop. I just received my first oil delivery of the season, so I know winter is coming. After my delivery, the tank still showed only being a quarter filled. I pulled the fuel gauge and saw the float assembly covered in a gelatinous 70 year glob of oil. Back to reading accurately once again.

SE, I love your ongoing Baby K stories. Brings back so many memories that I had drunkenly forgotten over the years.

Have a good week all!
Old 10-05-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

it’s still dark o’clock here since I am up too early. My usual lousy sleep patterns are getting worse but at least I can nap during the day. It’s odd how getting older is very different than I expected. I think it’s like every phase of our lives - a mix of good and not so good. The physical part of aging is no fun, nor is the gradually failing memory. On the other hand, having the time to do some of the things I want to do is priceless. Much of the time I am content

Have a great day to all!
Old 10-05-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Sassy, I think being sober helps our contentment too.

Have a great Monday my friends xxxx
Old 10-05-2020, 03:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Star, yes everybody at the show was properly masked and observed the social distance rules. Card collectors are generally a nice bunch of folks. Most of the recent Covid outbreaks have been in the rural areas of the state, where many think they are immune.

Itch, we've got some really nice weather here this week too. Highs around 70F, which is a bit above the normal. Winter will be here soon enough!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 10-05-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all . . . except for those in Alaska or Hawaii USA. I never quite lose the interest in how we all are working through different parts of the day/morning/afternoon/night.

I got myself out for an hour long bike ride to try to get myself out of the funk I have been in recently. It did help. Although I just had this huge surge of rage for some reason . . .ugh . . . I always try to invite these kind of feelings in and feel them completely and respectfully. I hope by doing this, the anger won't barf out on some poor unsuspecting soul. Ugh.

So off to check my bank statements, read a few pages of my Spanish novel and drink some water . . . . yeee haw and off I go.

Old 10-05-2020, 02:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good Tuesday morning Overs. Classes today- which is always accompanied by that little voice informing me I should stop and give up- as I am a failure and all. Oh well- this too shall pass. Take care of you- all of you.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

never give up PJ

D
Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Looks like the Aussies are up and at 'em Tuesday morning . . . .while I'm getting ready for bed Monday night.

I'm watching Call the Midwife with people doing activities as a community; it makes me long to be with a bunch of other people even though I am an introvert . . . . sigh . . . .I still appreciate this electronic community.

My poor country is so divided. I just have to keep reminding myself that the other side is as upset with the way I think and convinced they are right. Humility, love and compassion is just the only way and just so ding dang dad blasted hard.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs,

Bekindalways, It fascinates me too how our times are so different. I’ve got used to the Overs time clocks and some other people in SR and their ‘world time’ in each one’s parts of the worlds.

PJ, I know you won’t take notice of that little voice.

Not a lot happening. Went to the farm shop yesterday, there were pumpkins everywhere and he was going to get some more from the fields. I wonder how pumpkins ever got associated with Halloween? It’s a mystery that I’m sure Mr. Google could answer.

Have a great Tuesday my friends. xxxx

P.S. Has your new sewing machine arrived yet Sassy?
Old 10-05-2020, 11:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Bekind, 'barfing anger' I know what you mean.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:30 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Suze!

Hi Andy!

Toots, so Spain is the end move at some point? I gotcha now.

Star, I remember those NE winters. Truckloads of mulch? Dang what are you landscaping! That's a lot of mulch. Your fouled fuel guage sounds a mess. I've never maintained an oil furnace, just natural gas furnaces. No in house storage just gas pipes coming in. And Propane tanks in our RVs. I hired a paint crew who pressure washed the house knocking all the loose paint off. They finish up tomorrow. The fence had been delayed until Friday. There is no cedar at any of the stores. It comes from Canada I think. Plenty of pressure treated but we want it to match the cedar fence already there. A buddy had a hoard of boards and sold some to us.

Sassy, I'm sorry you're feeling down. We're here for you.

FBL, yep, it's Indian Summer X2.

Bekind, Good anger management.

PJ, sorry you are down too. You're definitely NOT a failure.

Bekind, we love "Call The Midwife" too. We got used to multiple time zones as both of us were military brats, and then did 27 years for our career. So we've had to think in other time zones as far back as we remember.

Mags, farm shop sounds fun too.

I have to rack now as I must be up for the painters at 0700.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

PJ what class are you taking? Or are you teaching?

I'm having another day of 5 minutes of yoga at a time. I've never heard of anyone doing it this way but seems to help me.

So off to hang a blanket out to dry, and re-read my Spanish novel in preparation for my Spanish session.

Keep on keeping on Overs.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

Nice to hear everyone's updates.

FBL - glad you had a nice time out reconnecting. They can make such a difference.

BeKind - I'm with you on the funk that I'm having trouble shaking. It really set in hard about 2 days into the last bad air. Care giving plus isolation plus being indoors is culmatively (not spelled right) draining. It's hard to restore with the 24/7 no break drains.... I'm glad that you recognize it and are spending time to help yourself feel better. Eventually it comes around....

PJ - You got this. Glad you can call that voice on it's unhelpfulness and decide your own path.

Hi everyone!

Today I'm feeling good - I went for a 30 min walk, ate an apple, had a shower, did my core strengthening, and made headway on a project. I don't think I've been able to get all those things done on the same day for a few months and I'm feeling like a new woman I'm now 20 weeks - half way - and starting to feel butter roll twitch and put his feet in uncomfortable areas. He's almost 12" and just under a lb.

I've been working on helping baby K fall asleep by herself in prep for baby #2. She has been pulling out all the super cute stops that are hard for me to say no to. Last night was "mommy can I hold your hand while I fall asleep?" It won't be long till she'll be embarrassed by me and never want a hug, so trying to treasure these moments, BUT...we DO need to learn to fall asleep on our own otherwise I will go insane...

Hubby's back is finally starting to feel a bit better today. It's taken him about a week to be able to move around again. We are both pretty out of shape after 6 months of shelter in place and need to work on getting some activity.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My mum put us to bed and read to us, then did the goodnight sleep tight bit and kisses and stuff. Not once ever did she stay in the room and wait for me to sleep. I think 60s parents had that part down.

Have you bought AA Milne to read to her yet love? s xx
Old 10-06-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
My mum put us to bed and read to us, then did the goodnight sleep tight bit and kisses and stuff. Not once ever did she stay in the room and wait for me to sleep. I think 60s parents had that part down.

Have you bought AA Milne to read to her yet love? s xx
Yeah, I don't remember my mom ever sitting with me to go asleep but I don't have any memories before about 3 years so she probably did her fair share of walking/rocking/holding before I was old enough to fall asleep on my own. At what age do you all have memories?

I have a nephew who just turned 18 . He still doesn't really sleep through the night. It is a tough thing but insomnia runs in our family. His parents finally just had him sleep with his baby brother. He was old enough to remember doing this the first time. He said he had to climb into the crib and snuggle up with his brother who was really tiny. They slept together until they became teenagers. I thought the physical contact was probably good for both boys.

Well, I'm off to pay some bills, do more yoga and call my sister.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Bills then yoga huh......probably a good way to relieve stress.
I have very early memories....before 2.
But that may have something to do with trauma.....my brother died tragically then.
So I am just so blessed that I can remember a little of him. xx
Old 10-06-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

((((Venus))))) - So glad that you have memories of your brother. Not in the same category, but I vividly remember Mr. Hooper passing away on Sesame Street on Thankgiving Day when I was about that age and it floored me. It ranks up there with 9/11 for me in terms of shock/having a memory when I remember exactly where I was when I found out. Sending you love.

I circled back b/c I forgot to reply to Itchy's post and didn't remember until I was into my next project.... Fingers crossed that your family doesn't have COVID and are out of the woods soon. Holding a space in my heart for them.

And yup, pretty sure my mom never stayed with me until I fell asleep. My husband was in charge of night time routine starting a 1 year so that I could get some house work done, and this is the result She has him wrapped around her little finger on this (too be fair his mom stayed with him, so he is just repeating what he knows). BUT she already knows that if she wants something, it's a much better idea to ask daddy, and she'll ask me to leave the room before she asks him. ha ha .

At least she teaches teddy bear the lessons that she learned from me during the day. Yesterday it was about "making choices," so I know she feels good about the skills she is learning, particularly b/c she gets to do new "big girl things." It is pretty cute to watch a 2 year old coach her teddy bear on how to make good choices with utter seriousness, and then give the teddy a hug after she feels satisfied that he understands the concept. (In covid isolation her stuffed animals have morphed into her friends). I'm not the mean one. yet....