Old 12-26-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear about your buddy FK

D
Old 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Great news about your friend fk, my dad went through a similar thing 10 years ago and has been absolutely fine ever since. He turned 79 a few days ago and still going strong.

Can I add my heartfelt thanks to you venus for your guidance and support over the past year too. Being a part of this group has been an absolute cornerstone of my recovery this year, in ways that weren't always immediately apparent. Truly wonderful.

Christmas Day was.... odd. Can't really compare it to any other year in many respects thanks to covid and all that that entails. It is though an understatement to say that it was fantastic not having it centre around alcohol!

Old 12-27-2020, 04:02 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates.
It is a VERY chilly morning out there. For a split second I thought about bundling myself up in a coat and hat and drinking my coffee on the porch. I lasted 3 seconds.

I am glad that your friend is convalescing, FK. It must have been so traumatic for his family and himself. To be back so soon is a miracle. Amazing.

My Christmas day was lots of zoom and whatsapp calls. I enjoyed cooking. Like you, Abraxas, it felt nice being free of those chains.

have a healthy, happy and sober Sunday all.

dlb
Old 12-27-2020, 05:42 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

All of you guys, and certainly Venus, have been invaluable in my recovery from alcohol dependency. It hurts to think of those we have lost over the past 11 months, assuming that many returned to their previous ways, but I suppose we all have to choose our own path and I'm very grateful for those of us who still check in.

FK, glad to hear of your friend's rapid improvement. If there is a silver lining to these things, perhaps it is that we can use it as a platform from which to make better choices regarding health.

It started out in the upper 20s F here. I have an outside project, but I'm drinking coffee until it warms up some. Out of town work is on tap for the early part of the week. My transition back into a normal work routine will be complete.

We have one last football game Wednesday night. Proud of how our team did in such a boogered up year.
Old 12-27-2020, 05:46 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Who is your team CB? Forgive my ignorance.....still learning which team is from where here.

It's been -7 - -10C here for the last few days, and I can't believe this little Aussie duck is enjoying it.
The snow is still where it landed and the sun is coming out. ❤️
Old 12-27-2020, 05:49 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

We did a zoom meeting with wife's family. Not a fan of zoom meetings, but much better than spending days on end cooped up with people with whom you do not share a single thing in common.

Venus- University of Florida. Wife and I are both alumni and my kid goes to the high school that is on the UF campus.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:20 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

SR must have been having technical issues this morning.

A little warmer here this week. Trying to do the catchup thing with work.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:31 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all

Yes, City, I think the site is having a few issues. It looks like they are rolling out an update in the new year so maybe it is connected.

Just a quick one from me as I am midway into my work day. I wanted to check in though.

I hope all are well
Have a safe, healthy and sober day wonderful classmates.

dlb.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:46 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

It's all fixed now. s ❤️
Old 12-29-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning all, good to have the site back after yesterday's blip. Not a lot happening here...

I was a little perturbed on Christmas Day when talking to my two eldest sons on the phone, and their "excitement" at getting a bottle of spirits each. I guess I shouldn't judge them by my own standards - for all I know the bottle could last for months. Trying not to let it trouble me, but it still plays on my mind somewhat.

I guess the the thing to remember is that it's just not the thing for me, and all I can do is maintain my own sobriety. Which I am, and am incredibly grateful for

Old 12-29-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread time
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-10-a.html (Class of January 2020 Part 10)

D