Notices

Class of September 2020 Part 2

Old 10-03-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Yesterday the AV was reminding me of the hand sanitizer downstairs. But I just reaffirmed my big plan. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind..

I really think this time I've quit for good. Alcohol may have had once had a positive impact on my life but those days are long over. And I can't risk ever blacking out again and saying something nasty to a loved one. I don't know if my relationship with my sister will ever be the same and I really regret losing her.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:55 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Morning class it’s late morning of the 3rd hope all of the class is doing good and positive about October you sound much more positive ff good on you and I fell out with so many of my family and friends over my drinking days and hopefully in time you will get your sister back wishing all on sr a good weekend 🤗
Old 10-03-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Quick check in for me, I haven't posted in a couple of days but I'm still going along nicely. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since my last drink and that feels pretty good. It's been a very busy 6 weeks but in truth that has really helped, it's when my mind is unoccupied and starts to wander that I get into trouble.

It felt great to put my out of office on at work yesterday, now time to enjoy my week off with a few relaxing days in the countryside. I'll still be able to check in as we should have wifi even though we're out in the sticks

Enjoy the weekend all, I'm currently enjoying one of my favorite pastimes.....eating Ice Cream
Old 10-03-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Wake Your Dreams

The countryside and Ice Cream sounds good.
20 days and doing as well as could be expected. I have this weird cold thing going on so I have been pretty lazy today. I repair and sell computers from my home so I did work on a couple but I'm really fatigued so I didn't go for my bike ride. I went the last two days and was planning on it this morning. Sober and breathing so no complaints here.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hope you have a lovely relaxing evening dear Larry s ❤️
Old 10-04-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Erica375

Good morning, everyone! Woke up early, gloriously hangover-free. Daughter went to visit other daughters this weekend, so it's been just me and the dog. D and I get along very well but it's nice to have some alone time and have the tv on as loud as I want at 6 a.m.

I've been trying to put more effort into getting exercise. Fortunately the weather has been good for walking. The last two times I went to the gym the mask mandate was not being strictly enforced, which is disheartening. Haven't decided if I'm going to cancel my membership.

The AV has been quite active lately, especially since I've been alone. Nothing I haven't been able to handle; it's just irritating. Shut up, already!

Planning on a quiet day. I'm crocheting an afghan for my daughter's pregnant friend. Baby isn't due until February, but I don't want to put it off. I'd like to knit a little hat to go with it, too. A few walks, some housework, and that's my Sunday!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:15 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Sounds divine dear Erica! s xx
Old 10-04-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Sometimes the online resources are a tough format for me and I don’t check in as often unless I’m in crisis or really scared to be alone. I’ve been ok lately just kind of sad. Ok very sad. And I’ve lost track of time. So I thought I’d better check in on here.

I’m reading posts, but on my phone I can’t “thank” anyone. Wish there was a button

This time of year really makes me sad because it was the best time of year for me and my ex. We always had a great Halloween. Whether we were out and dressed up or inside and cozy. It is really hurting to feel that fall air. I wish he could have just been a part of my life. I wish he could have opened up. But alas, he was never going to be able to do that if he didn’t stop drinking and when he did he retreated even more. Then I lost him.

my best friend has started taking a new medication that doesn’t interact well with alcohol. She’s telling me about how hard it is and all I can tell her is that the realization came to me that it’s all a big trick so that the rich can make more money on our backs. They sell us addictive things and we remain their slaves. Once you see that it is easy to want to step away from those substances. Alcohol, tobacco, opiates, crack, it’s all slavery

Old 10-04-2020, 08:54 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Wake Your Dreams

Plenny I'm sorry to hear you are alone without your husband. I don't know what I would do without my wife. I am fairly new here so I am not sure of what happened in your case. My thoughts and prayers will be for you to have a peaceful heart today.

As for me.

It's Football Sunday!! (go Rams). I payed for the football package so I will be in front of my TV watching football all day. It's nice watching football sober. I actually remember who won. I didn't sleep at all last night again. I don't why. I'm going to hold out and watch the games and then pass out. Did my morning meeting. I have 21 days today. That's three touchdowns!!! I'm on a roll over here. I am not feeling as well as I should be after three weeks but as they say in AA. My worst day sober is better then my best day drunk. That is true for me these days. When my wife sees me sick in bed all day going through withdrawals she always asks if I am having fun and why would I put myself through it over and over again. I have not answer to that. I'm just going to enjoy another simple day sober. I love October. Can't say that enough. It get's hot here in Utah in July and August. I'm glad it's finally cooling down.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Administrator

((plenny)))

D
Old 10-05-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. My three day roadtrip turned into a 24 hour road trip. I arrived at the motel I had booked for Sunday night (It's Tuesday here now) and realised that there was a bar/restaurant, although no minibar in room. I went out for a walk to get something to eat and there were crowds everywhere. No one wearing masks, no one social distancing. It was chaos. So I went back to the motel and by this time I was having a tanty in my head about being "a loser who can't drink". It was like having a split personality because while I was working myself up to go to the bar and order a drink, I was also praying to be kept safe from alcohol and for the obsession to be removed. So I get to the motel bar (which was basically empty and staff were wearing masks) and despite my determination to order alcohol, I ordered a soda. I sat and waited for the kitchen to open and ordered my meal as soon as it did. Then I rapidly ate the meal and scarpered back to my room where I watched tv and played candy crush. There was a region wide internet outage so I couldn't get online. I really had no business being in that bar. In hindsight I should have just gone to McD's or some other drive through.

Anyhoo in the morning I headed off to my next destination where I had booked a 2 night stay in a B and B over looking the ocean. I had planned to visit a couple of tourist spots and just chill in my room looking at the view, reading recovery books and working on a writing project. The host checked me in and explained everything and as she was leaving she said "5 o'clock is wine o'clock so we'll all gather on the balcony outside your room and I set up the bar so everyone can help themselves." I just smiled and nodded and went into my room. I sat down and drank a cup of tea while I pondered what to do. While I was doing this, I could hear construction from the building next door, RIGHT NEXT TO MY WINDOW. I decided that the construction on it's own was enough to make me check right back out, but there was no way I was going to expose myself to a free open bar right by my room. So I said I had a family emergency and needed to leave (I'm my family and it was an emergency!) offered to pay for the two nights but she wouldn't accept it. So I jumped in my car and drove off. I pulled over around the corner and tried to find some other accommodation, but everywhere was booked out (holiday weekend) so I drove 5 hours home.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:57 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

You are a rock star Patcha!
Really. Recovery to the max.
What a win....it may not feel like it right now, but just wow. s xx
Old 10-05-2020, 04:29 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Erica375

Patcha I love your "family emergency." Brilliant!😁
Old 10-05-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry your weekend didn't turn out as planned but I'm glad you stayed sober Patcha

D
Old 10-06-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Sharkez

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Patcha View Post
Hi everyone. My three day roadtrip turned into a 24 hour road trip. I arrived at the motel I had booked for Sunday night (It's Tuesday here now) and realised that there was a bar/restaurant, although no minibar in room. I went out for a walk to get something to eat and there were crowds everywhere. No one wearing masks, no one social distancing. It was chaos. So I went back to the motel and by this time I was having a tanty in my head about being "a loser who can't drink". It was like having a split personality because while I was working myself up to go to the bar and order a drink, I was also praying to be kept safe from alcohol and for the obsession to be removed. So I get to the motel bar (which was basically empty and staff were wearing masks) and despite my determination to order alcohol, I ordered a soda. I sat and waited for the kitchen to open and ordered my meal as soon as it did. Then I rapidly ate the meal and scarpered back to my room where I watched tv and played candy crush. There was a region wide internet outage so I couldn't get online. I really had no business being in that bar. In hindsight I should have just gone to McD's or some other drive through.

Anyhoo in the morning I headed off to my next destination where I had booked a 2 night stay in a B and B over looking the ocean. I had planned to visit a couple of tourist spots and just chill in my room looking at the view, reading recovery books and working on a writing project. The host checked me in and explained everything and as she was leaving she said "5 o'clock is wine o'clock so we'll all gather on the balcony outside your room and I set up the bar so everyone can help themselves." I just smiled and nodded and went into my room. I sat down and drank a cup of tea while I pondered what to do. While I was doing this, I could hear construction from the building next door, RIGHT NEXT TO MY WINDOW. I decided that the construction on it's own was enough to make me check right back out, but there was no way I was going to expose myself to a free open bar right by my room. So I said I had a family emergency and needed to leave (I'm my family and it was an emergency!) offered to pay for the two nights but she wouldn't accept it. So I jumped in my car and drove off. I pulled over around the corner and tried to find some other accommodation, but everywhere was booked out (holiday weekend) so I drove 5 hours home.

Well done you, that shows strength and resolve.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:16 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Part of me thinks I was over reacting but 27 days sober, I wasn't going to risk it. By the time I started seeing "vacancy" signs, I was more than half way home so I decided to just keep going. I can't control those environments and what I might encounter in terms of access to alcohol. I'm glad I'm back in AA. The problem remains that finding a sponsor is like finding a needle in a hay stack but the availability of zoom meetings around the clock is a huge help. I didn't have internet access for most of my road trip. There was a major outage of some kind across the region.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Happy to do any step work with you until you find a sponsor you like dear Patcha. s ❤️
Old 10-06-2020, 10:00 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

That would be amazing venuscat, thank you. I'll message you.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

It will be great for me too love! s ❤️
Old 10-07-2020, 04:54 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Wake Your Dreams

Well done Patcha. I'm glad you are sober. I don't think I can down a bar out of town right now. Definite over reach for me right now.

25 days sober for me today. I would like to say I feel great but I don't. I humbly grateful to be sober today. My recovery is first priority. I haven't done the best job in recent days. I have been really sick. Was going to take the covid test but my car was dead when I went to go. I haven't driven it in weeks so I guess something is draining the battery. The free tests are in such demand it takes a few days to get an appointment. Going to call my doctor and see about paying for a test so I can know.

Of course I felt much worse then this from alcohol. Guess I'm just getting old.

Grace and peace to everyone.