Notices

Class of August 2020 Part 2

Old 08-26-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2020 Part 2

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-1-a-21.html (Class of August 2020 Part 1)

D
Old 08-26-2020, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good morning sobhoes! It's day 9 for me. Going to head out for a run at 6am, then clean my room and start looking for ideas for a final year project for college. It's worth 25% of my marks for my degree and college starts Sept 21 so I need to get cracking.

Day 9 now. Haven't had any major AV these last few days but it never goes fully quiet.

I've had some anxiety about being downtown in the afternoon/evening when it's busy so for some exposure therapy, I'm going to walk downtown at around 1pm today and see how I get on.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Day 4 here and I finally had some sleep last night, hooray! Not exactly 8 hours but enough that I don't feel like Nosferatu.

After barely eating for about 3 days my appetite is now ravenous, and I've been looking forward to treating myself to something calorie dense to replace everything I lost. That will be my reward tonight...

Other than that, I am working from home (have been since March due to Covid) and trying to build my mental strength and confidence back up after this tumble.

Take care all
Old 08-27-2020, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Freedomfries I remember you from another group - looks like you're doing well focusing on your plans. Good luck on your exposure therapy walk - hoping it goes well!

I'm starting day 5 and still can't sleep well. I think the last time I pulled together like 8 days it took me about as long to get back to normal sleep. It's frustrating but I remember the other side feeling great, having all that restful sleep.

Last night was tough but I'm grateful today is a new day. There are so many things I need to tackle but I'm allowing myself to approach slowly and just take things as they are, for now.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You made it through last night love....that is good stuff.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Soda - Hope you made it through your meeting without drinking. On the rare occasion offers me a drink I have an out. I just tell them I can't because of a medication I'm on. Very bad interaction. I never tell them it's antabuse.

Mrs picked a basket of crabapples from the two trees out front the other day. Tuesday I helped trim them out and she cooked them up. Put them through the Squeezo yesterday and today I have 8 containers of crabapple sauce and she's making apple butter and some crabapple jelly from the juice. Sweet & tart. Love it.

Get one new pic of Ruthie yesterday. She's about 10 weeks in the pic. I think she gets more darling every time I get a new picture. Of course I'm not biased or anything.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

She is so cute she looks like she has been photoshopped. s ❤️
Old 08-27-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Dee.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Reid, how are you....I am not in Weekenders this week () and I have missed hearing what's happening in your life. s xx
Old 08-27-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning.....

Thanks Charon. It'll be ok. That is a very cute small dog too....

Ok....Friday.
Fridays are usually alright. Got a plan for the day.....and more importantly, for the evening. go into a second weekend.
Just keep busy and getting things done and it will be fine.
Regret committing to a Sat afternoon meeting, means I can't get out of the house and go somewhere else for a day, keep thinking about going for a long walk up a small mountain or something. Working at home means you spend a lot of time in the same space and in the same company. Sometimes I realise I haven't been out the door for a couple of days.....so break out and go to the supermarket. Drinking, only other place I ever went was a stop on the circuit of liquor vendors.
This morning is garbage collection. They come by at about 6.30 a.m., I listened to the last, the very last of the empties still here go crashing into the dumpster. Gone.
Ok....go and get the day started.
Have a good sober day everyone, then we can do the weekend.
Later
Old 08-27-2020, 03:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hey Reid, how are you....I am not in Weekenders this week () and I have missed hearing what's happening in your life. s xx
I'm going back to my old Treatment Center on Saturday to do their guest speaker for their inpatient residents!
Old 08-27-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm pretty good really Suze, had a challenging weekend as I mentioned for the mother's birthday last Sunday. I'm busy with work, the usual!
Old 08-27-2020, 07:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

D
Old 08-27-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 10. Double digits.

Old 08-27-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll do great reid
Congrats FF!

D
Old 08-28-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Day 5 here and I'm starting to feel my normal self again, although I'm still struggling a bit with the sleep. But more than anything i'm just relieved I've gotten through 5 days unscathed.

It's been a very hectic week work wise, so I'm really happy it's Friday, but also happy that I've coped despite it being such a tough week after my slip at the weekend. I'm planning to get out in the English countryside and do some walking tomorrow (weather permitting of course - it does rain an awful lot here!). Some fresh air and nice views always makes me feel better.

Hope everyone is doing okay and hanging in there.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Morning.

Thanks Venus. Everyone says she looks like a stuffed animal toy - too cute to be real. Can't wait to hold her.

Things are going pretty well. Mrs & I are trying to get along and address things as they come up. We worked together to turn a basket of crabapples into crabapple sauce, 2 kinds of apple butter, and we still have the leftover juice to make crabapple jelly.

I've started back on antabuse, so couldn't drink even if I wanted to - and I don't.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning.

Here it is, weekend again. Second one.....Day 13.
Have planned the day in a way that avoids, distracts and diverts. Have to fill the late afternoon down moments, the beer o'clock bit.
The 3d printer is printing the files finished last night, the drawing board awaits. Get some hours in, then go and do the afternoon meeting.
I guess there will be wine, which I will gracefully decline in favour of the excellent coffee that has been offered previously.
Evening.....go out for a takeout Indian and sit on the sofa half watching netflix and restarting another project that got dropped in favour of the bottle. There's plenty of those to finish too....
Weekends stretch.....the week day diversions aren't around. Got some plants to repot and.....most thrilling of all,....maybe I might even get to scrub the bathroom!

Just so much happening folks.......

later
Old 08-28-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds a good plan Sodasoba

D
Old 08-29-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Good morning all,

Day 6 here today and I'm feeling good, finally had a restful sleep last night. I'm off out for a meal with my family later, but they all know I don't drink anyway so i'm not too worried. Only my mum knows about my relapse last weekend, and rather than kick me whilst I'm down she's been extremelty supportive which has been great.

I'm off work next week so that will be more tricky. I'm planning to fill that week with as many activities as possible to keep my mind occupied. Even if sometimes it's just watching a film etc. Usually if I let my mind wander for periods it tends to not end well, so i'm conscious of keeping it as busy as possible.

Hope everyone is doing okay