One Year And Under Club Part 66

Old 08-15-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey there CK great to see you

Owen now I’m getting hungry lol
But it’s too late to eat or I won’t be able to sleep. I’m off to bed
Old 08-15-2020, 03:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Welcome owen! Good to see new faces! Thanks for the rice tips. We can never get fried rice like when we eat out. Now I know why!

Hello CK!
toots is the Godmother of this thread for sure!
Old 08-15-2020, 04:15 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

around 6 months without the poison. Will come to this thread more often, very encouraging. I have been just checking in on the 24 hr one mostly. After so Many years of booze and failed attempts at sobriety, I am so sensitive to being alert.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Coz

Wow - so many posts on this thread since I last logged in. Have you been recruiting again Purps?
It is great to see posts from new undies and posts from the wonderful undie-graduates that stick around to keep helping and supporting us. Like many of you have said, SR is a great forum and it is so fantastic to be part of threads that remain active and where you can start feeling comfortable with like-minded cyber-mates. So huge thanks to everyone from me.

Charon - I didn't get a wok ring - I'll try to get one soon to see if it will help. And Owen - thanks for the rice hints too. I will get this wok cooking mastered one day!

Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend. May you be sober and happy, your times of rest be peaceful and rejuvenating and your problems all diminish.

Congrats to all those adding another day to sober life too.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Well I am definitely also in the under one year sober club too. So much support here at SR. I am still taking it one day at a time.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, for the support.

It's so ironic that she's trying (and succeeding with my son) to turn the kids against me. She has accused me of doing that many times and I have never said anything to the kids about her that wasn't praise. And there has been a lot of negative things I could have said. Both "kids" are adults 34 & 36, so are old enough to realize what's going on and who is doing what. Nothing more I can do. I just have to get out of this toxic relationship and move on.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you and sending strength and support, Charon. Divorce is tough, even if you don't like your spouse. In my opinion, (which I know you didn't ask for but here it is anyway), it's best to work on your relationship with your son completely separate from the one with your wife. Don't bring her into it. Just let him know you love him and want to be family.
I've been spending lots of time outdoors. It's nice. My zinnias are blooming, and roses and it looks like I'm going to get some more veggies, too.
You are inspiring so much with your smoke free life, Coz. Are you feeling better?
Old 08-15-2020, 01:27 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Aww Godmother! thanks CK wish I could wave a wand and make sobriety super easy. But then I guess we don't value what comes too easy do we? I know I set great store on my sobriety, and certainly reckon this thread played a huge part.

welcome Owen, thanks for the cookery tips, I tend to use noodles in my stir fry, but you might have just tempted To try rice next time!

Awake, you drop in as often as you like sweetie, the door is always open, the kettle is always on and there is always a comfy chair!

Charon, all you can do is be constant for your 'kids' ( even at that age, they can get pretty judgemental, and maybe your son is easily led by your wife's words), and hope that at some point in the future, he will appreciate you for who you are. You cannot change a situation, you can only change your reaction to it. Be strong and patient my friend.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Coz

Exciting day for me - it's Day 100!

Charon - separation and divorce is really hard on all involved (been there, done that with three kids involved). You are doing the right thing by not drawing the kids into the negative conversation between you wife and yourself. No one child ever wants to have to take sides and shouldn't be pressured into doing so - their relationship with both parents should not be affected. Know also that they don't want to see parents hurting, and sometimes you may over hear things which are said to just try to take away any hurt and are not necessarily their true thoughts and feelings. I really do feel for you - it is a tough emotional change to make - even when you are 100% confident that it is the right thing to do.

Awake - congrats on your half a year sober. It would be great if you stick around this thread more and share your wisdom and experience with us. I am so entering my second trimester - it is so like pregnancy in feeling healthier, more relaxed, more confident and a new life is growing inside. Complacency definitely needs to be avoided!

ST54 - great to see you here! One day at a time is great. Some of those days are easy and fun, others more challenging to get through. But they are all just one days which eventually add up to 100 (feeling happy with myself on getting this far!).

to everyone. I'm off to the markets to find myself a treat to celebrate my milestone...

Old 08-15-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congrats on triple digits Coz & 6 months Awake!

Sorry about all the crap Charon....getting closer to Ruthie time?! Something to look forward to
Old 08-15-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey there Purps

Charon I hope things get better between you and your son, hopefully he’ll see the truth with time.

Congratulations on 100 days Coz!
And 6 months Awake!

Awesome stuff

it’s a beautiful day here so I’m off outside to enjoy it. A lovely lazy Sunday
Old 08-15-2020, 10:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Charon, a thought, is it worth, at a time when tempers are calm, trying to speak to your wife, telling her what you overheard, and asking that you both make an effort not to cause the kids any emotional pain by putting them in the middle? Find a way to say it ( ie 'I feel that....') that doesn't come across as aggressive or antagonistic. If not possible, then definitely something to be brought up at the next counselling session.

Hi Purps, thanks for the new recruitment drive sweetie! 😘

Triple figure! Stupendous Coz! You are doing really well and sounding so positive!
Old 08-16-2020, 02:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Whoohoo! Triple figure is such a nice milestone!

Have a good day Undies!
Old 08-16-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Here's another wonderful achievement!

6 MONTHS is great, half way to a full cake!
Old 08-16-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Wow, congrats on the 100 days Coz and to Awake for 6 months!

Big milestones and evidence of your determination and hard work
Old 08-16-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks so much for the congrats!

You have made my day with your kind word.
CK - you have some talent with your celebratory images - that was awesome - .

Onward to day 101.....
Old 08-16-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congrats awake and coz!

Welcome st54!

I believe today is 7 months for me
Old 08-16-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats on 7 sober months FK!

I am not as tech-creative as CK, so can only set off some fireworks in celebration of your milestone:
Old 08-16-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 months FK! And on 6 months Awake, and 101 days, Coz!
Old 08-16-2020, 06:42 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

For the record: Haven't been doing any recruiting lately so I can't take the credit....but thanks anyway

Congrats FK on 7 months!

Hey Willow!