Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part3

Old 07-31-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Two months officially for me....got one more month of p90x to keep me busy in August. Hopefully get interlock device on car in a couple weeks. Other than that ....probably in best shape of my life. Just have to get through the legal stuff and get a job.

stay safe & sober friends
Old 07-31-2020, 09:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Hewson

Hope all you guys have a great sober weekend

D
Old 08-01-2020, 12:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Two months is fantastic Hewson! Well done

Freedom I wish my AV would go quiet. I shut it up with some sugar today. I’ve managed to avoid sugar all week, but Saturday afternoon here and I was desperate for something and I had eaten a bunch of healthy stuff and was getting AV messages that I really needed to avert, with my partner drinking beer and an open bottle of wine in the fridge. So I drowned the AV in jelly beans
Old 08-01-2020, 12:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

If sugar is what it takes, no harm!

Day 38 here. Still feeling PAWS pretty bad. Very depressed. But no AV this morning. The Antabuse really is a godsend. I could have saved a lot of bother if I started taking it years ago.

Just lying in bed vaping the last few days. I really need to get up and do something. :/
Old 08-01-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not trying to be a wiseguy but have you guys tried simply not paying any attention to the av?
Have you considered it gains strength by your attention to it?

My AV lost its voice pretty quickly when it realised I wasn't going to feed it any more.

You guys are done with drinking...right?

D
Old 08-01-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just saw the august thread

So I made it through the whole of July without having to join their class. A first for me
Old 08-01-2020, 02:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Way to go Freedom! That’s really awesome

Yeah Dee, I’ve been trying to ignore the AV as much as I can. But I still get cravings, and not always for alcohol now, sometimes just for SOMETHING, especially for sugar. I think they’re related to cravings for alcohol and I’m trying to ignore them too. But sometimes, especially on weekends, I can’t seem to resist wanting something else, particularly sweet things. Maybe I’m weak to give in to it, but I’d much rather eat a packet of jelly beans than drink. And my Mum used to say that if I eat 21 meals a week, as long as I eat healthy most of the time, it’s ok if one or two are not so healthy. So I had the healthy meal, then a packet of jelly beans

I have absolutely no intention of drinking.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or defensive. Maybe I'm hitting you guys with this too soon.
I certainly ate my share of sugar and then some - ended up with type 2 diabetes (thats not a joke).

The real glorious truth tho is I can face any feeling and not have to run from it, and I can heal my inner void rather than trying to fill it with stuff.

I am good enough, just as I am

D

Old 08-01-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I’m very glad you are happy with who you are Dee, and I don’t feel bad about myself

I’m trying not to beat myself up too much for having sweet treats here and there on weekends to ward off cravings. I have a mostly very healthy diet and am a healthy weight/BMI, so I think some sweet things on weekends shouldn’t be too much of an issue hopefully, especially if it helps me get through the weekends sober.

During the week it’s not as much of an issue, even though I used to drink daily. I’m eating fruit for sweet treats during the week. Weekends are still a bit more challenging at not quite 6 weeks in, but I know they’ll get easier with time and I may ditch the refined sugar altogether and just eat fruit instead. I don’t drink coffee anymore and I don’t have sugar in tea either, never have. But I’m taking it one step at a time.

When I quit smoking about 10 years ago, there’s no way I could’ve stopped smoking and drinking and sugar and coffee all at once. But I haven’t had a cigarette since. I had tried multiple times to quit previously and was finally successful. I know I’ll never smoke again.

Day 40 alcohol-free and I’ve just had eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast. Eggs are a Sunday treat for me, delicious

Have a lovely Sunday
Old 08-01-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Willow honey.....I think you are doing brilliantly. s ❤️
Old 08-01-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze ❤️
Old 08-01-2020, 11:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning on day 39.

Desperately want a cigarette but I'm trying to save money. I know if I buy a pack after I have my first drag I'll think "well that was a waste of €14". But I'm still tempted. :/
Old 08-01-2020, 11:28 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought you were vaping?
I hope you can resist FF - if nothing else, think of the money you'll save for your studies

D
Old 08-01-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am vaping but I miss the cigarettes.

Vaping is fortunately much cheaper.

the store has been open for 24 mins and I managed to resist. So I think I'm over this little craving. Just a moment of weakness.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yeah smoking makes your mouth taste terrible Freedom. I remember from when I quit and restarted many times, yuk. Quitting for good was the best thing I ever did. Now quitting alcohol is ip there with quitting smoking.

Finished up 40 days today. Goodnight
Old 08-03-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrats willow. FF, I am a bit worried for you. How are you doing? Make sure you reaffirm your sobriety. I know you have been feeling a bit down and unmotivated lately. How are you doing today?
Old 08-03-2020, 03:36 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi guys

Yeah how are you going today Freedom?

Well done on 4 weeks Max

Today marks 6 weeks for me. Gee it flies by once I got back into my sober groove. I’m so grateful to be sober. Beats that constant cycle of hangovers and drinking and hangover and drinking etc. Sober is so much better
Old 08-03-2020, 04:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Max, willow and everyone else hitting a milestone today

D
Old 08-03-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Congrats willow. FF, I am a bit worried for you. How are you doing? Make sure you reaffirm your sobriety. I know you have been feeling a bit down and unmotivated lately. How are you doing today?
Hey Max. Still feeling a bit down but not tempted to drink. Taking my Antabuse every morning still.

I think it's just unemployment blues. I'm back in college in seven weeks so I expect my mood will pick up then.

41 days today.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Great job FF and make sure you keep taking that antabuse.