Notices

Class of May 2020 part 7

Old 07-17-2020, 04:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Free.

My device is messed up. Makes posting difficult.
I’ll stay sober now.
Hope I survive this. Really poisoned myself this time.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Karen- I think it’s impossible to avoid the news. If you go online it hits you in the face. Plus I have a morbid curiosity most days.

Venuscat- I have been getting tomatoes. I’m not sure how much longer because of the heat but it is has been awesome. Nothing like the taste.

Coz- 10 weeks! Great job! I’ll shoot off some fireworks for you.

TC- I’m so sorry. But I know you have the willpower and strength to quit and come back. We are all pulling for you and we need you here.

Hope
Old 07-17-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

TC- As I was posting, I guess you posted. Glad to see you back and that you stopped drinking. Maybe tell us what you remember happening. Please take care of yourself.
Hope
Old 07-17-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Coz

TC - please go see a doctor. I hear tell that each relapse gets tougher on the body and it sounds like you are concerned.

Really pleased that you are boarding the sober train again - thank you from me and your body and mind.

Keep posting despite technology! Consider it one of the easier challenges in life
Old 07-17-2020, 05:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ral- I'm getting a little worried and hoping you are ok too. Please post soon.
Hope
Old 07-17-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Coz

Me too RAL - getting worried that is.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi all
Friday night here. Just working on my sprinklers.

Coz congats! 10 weeks is a long time seriously. Especially with your trip in between.

WL I gotta say you sound so much better man. It is night and day! I have followed your posts for awhile. I know many of us have those thoughts. I definitely do. Just gotta stay away from the first drink.

TC sorry to hear u picked up. What methods are you using to stay sober? Hope you feel better quickly and please stay here!

You too RAL.

I am going to finish my night by having a cup of tea, cleaning dishes, straightening up the office, eating dinner, taking a shower and probably look for a show. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 07-17-2020, 07:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

TC I just read a post of yours in the thread called 'Hello guys' by arcticdawn over in the alcoholism forum. Amazing post to me. Sorry I don't know how to do the fancy quote stuff. But that post helped keep me in the center tonight. Stay connected to why I quit. That is the TC you are looking for I think.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Free.

Sober tonight.
Twitchy. Sweaty.

Wishing you all well.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Free.

Congrats on 10 weeks Coz!
Old 07-17-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back TC

D
Old 07-17-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Coz

Thanks for all the congrats on my 10 week milestone. It means a lot to me as it is no easy process.

TC - so pleased you are back onboard. Feel for you going through those first days - yuk.

Fallow, Hope, WL, Karen, Suze and Dee - great that you are still posting here - I had some moments of feeling very lonely on this thread over the last couple of days (woe is me and my neediness for cyber-company!)

Sending hugs to all....
Old 07-17-2020, 11:24 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad that activity here is looking up again Coz

D
Old 07-18-2020, 03:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Free.

4:00am here

I’ll try some sleep.

Dreaded insomnia.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

TC, I'm glad you're back. So sorry you're suffering, though. Please stay with us and let us know how you are. I'm sending love and hugs.
I know what you mean, Coz. It's sad when the thread gets quiet and when people disappear. I sure hope RAL is okay. And everyone else, too, of course. I've been trying to read and sometimes post on other threads, too. It helps.
Yesterday I didn't feel very good again. I got basically nothing done. I am going to make today a better day.
Hugs and love to all.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Coz

Hope you feel better soon Karen. Having a 'nothing' day from time to time is good, although when I do, I always feel a bit guilty.

Insomnia is something I suffer from TC. It took me over a month of not drinking to manage to get almost six hours of sleep and I still can't get past six and a half hours. I figure lying down and relaxing is the next best thing - even if it is in front of TV or with an audio book playing.

Maria - I didn't do your sort of exercise, but today in the garden I got to over 17,000 steps and 13 km. How's everything going with you? Haven't seen a post from you in ages (hint, wink, nudge).

I have a challenging day tomorrow. Hubby has invited his supervisor and manager to lunch. I have never met either of them so nervous about that. Also nervous about my kitchen skills - I'm fine in preparing meals for hubby and I, but not sure I have the master chef abilities for entertaining big-wigs that I don't know. And my other concern is that they will bring drinks, so there will be alcohol in the house at the same time as I am feeling anxious and uncomfortable. So I will head to bed soon and probably stay awake planning tomorrow - everything from cleaning the house, preparing the meal, making small talk with strangers that I will have little in common with, and coming up with strategies for avoiding any temptation to drink while they are here and after they have left.

Until next time - take care of yourselves.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I hope today is much better for you darling Karen. s xx

And I hope RAL comes back fast.

Sending you love dear TC....lean in. We care about you. s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ❤️
Old 07-18-2020, 06:19 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hmm Coz. That is a bit of a tough one....I would love to help if I can.
I have excellent kitchen skills from laying a gorgeous table (easily) to simple salads that look and taste awesome.
And please buy yourself a drink you find refreshing (cranberry and sparkling mineral water for me) and drink in it a fancy glass with the others.
The only thing you will miss out on is an afternoon hangover. Ewwwwwwwww.

Nite love :hug ❤️
Old 07-18-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Coz that's great, 13 km is nothing to sneeze at! I haven't been exercising much tbh, except for some biking. I've gone up to 30 km biking now. Good luck with your dinner- I would be totally nervous too. I'm sure it will be great though. Can you do a barbecue? Hard to go wrong with that in the summer.

Sorry I haven't been around. In the beginning I was working at not drinking like every day and then it got easier. Last week though I wanted to drink almost every day. It's like I forgot the problems with it.

Anyway. I've been thinking about taking a short trip, like a week, have to stay in country though bc of the quarantine rules. I was thinking of going to Victoria BC for a week. I could do some whale watching and stuff. I've never been. I would go the end of August. I'm still researching it but it would be nice to give me something to look forward to.

This weekend is quiet, but I"m going to go shopping this aft and pick up some new tops for the warmer weather. Just something cheap I can wear around the house.

TC I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope you got some sleep.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

So nice to hear from you Maria! Next time you feel like having a drink, let us know, we may be able to help. And, sometimes just saying it makes all the difference. Your trip sounds wonderful.
Coz, I will be thinking of you. It does sound tough. I like the idea of barbeque, too. You could even buy the potato salad and such to make it extra easy, plus the decor would be easy, too. A roll of paper towels? Is your husband understanding about how you feel? I hope so. Let us know how it goes.
I hope you get some sleep, too, TC. Do you have any good recovery books? Sometimes that would relax me and let me sleep when I was in the first few days.
I'm having a much better day today. I hope everyone is! How is your ankle, Venus?