Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 6

Old 07-08-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I think that post was totally brilliant. Spot on. ❤️
Old 07-09-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning all - hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi everyone hope your all well.

Thank you all for your replies and support. The physical distance im fine with, its just the going over it in my head i wish would stop. My counsellor is just ringing monthly at the moment but hopefully it helps when i start dbt properly.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:30 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My advice (for what's it worth!) Tink is to dive right in. Next time you speak to her tell her how you feel about your mum...my instinct is your counsellor would love that material to work with!!!!!

My therapist has given me homework - what makes me 'me'? 10 minutes a day...not beliefs, the inner core. Very tough assignment I think!
Old 07-09-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Your passion for what you do (career-wise)
Your strength
Your love for your children (family)
Your love of nature
Your caring attitude towards others
Your honest approach and willingness to change

Just some of the Be bits I see. ❤️
Old 07-09-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Tink and Bilr, it’s so not ok for mothers to be so mean and disrespectful, even if they do have their own problems.
I feel very grateful to have had a loving relationship with my own mother and I feel so sad that your relationship with your mothers hasn’t been good. At the end of the day, we really do need to look after our own mental health though, and sometimes we need to put a bit of distance between ourselves and others if it’s not healthy to be close, even if it’s only a temporary thing. I really don’t have any answers, but I do think therapy with a counsellor can be really useful to help us work out the best way to deal with difficult situations and relationships.
Sending love ❤️
Sorry Tink a bit late replying but just wanted to echo this. I always used to say that alcohol was the reason behind the negative things I said/did when I was drunk but it still didn't excuse it. In the same way if your Mum has issues, yes perhaps that's the reason she treats you badly but it doesn't excuse it.
You deserve love and compassion - you have plenty right here I can assure you of that, sending love to you.

Hey everyone else
A bit of a quiet day for me, two dog walks, nothing much to report but all is well, hope everyone has a lovely evening/morning
Love Billy x
Old 07-09-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Your passion for what you do (career-wise)
Your strength
Your love for your children (family)
Your love of nature
Your caring attitude towards others
Your honest approach and willingness to change

Just some of the Be bits I see. ❤️
Ah, thanks Venus! You are too kind

Night all, I was awake early and am looking forward to an early night
Old 07-09-2020, 03:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I have a bit of a stressful day ahead and my anxiety is through the roof. I will pop back later once I’ve dealt with all I need to. I just can’t think straight at the moment. I won’t drink over it though. See you all a bit later x
Old 07-09-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Willow,

I wish you well with whatever you have to deal with today. Yeah, drinking won’t make any stressful situation better, only worse when you wake up the next morning.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Bilr, just some work stuff that I need to sort out..... I know it’s not a great time to quit my job but it’s a distinct possibility at the moment, it’s causing a lot of stress and I really need to protect my sobriety first and foremost.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:03 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hope you are okay Willow
Love Billy x
Old 07-10-2020, 12:07 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Morning all. Much better weather here, nice walk to start the day. Two dog walks a day must be great for your physical and mental health Billy!

Willow, best wishes with your stressful
job situation. Having read these boards for quite a long time now there are 2 lines of thought - 1 you can't run away from
problems, we've got to work, you'll have to get used to managing job alongside sobriety and 2 - do whatever the hell you can to protect your sobriety, putting if first over everything, even work.

My opinion is it depends on the person and the situation...what a cop out!!
Old 07-10-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks Billy xx

I agree with both Be. I do have to work, but I have options, I’m currently working 2 jobs, and I could increase my hours for either one, so I won’t be out of work

I got through today. I will see how things go.....
I won’t be drinking over it either way though!
Old 07-10-2020, 01:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning everyone hope your all well.

Willow i hope your ok and have sorted out what you needed to and are now feeling better and less anxious. I left my job back in January as i knew i had to take drastic action to sort myself out, but i was in a very bad place due to other things also. You have to do what you feel is right for your happiness and wellbeing.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks Tink ❤️
Today went better than anticipated, thankfully. I’m just totally exhausted, it was a huge day.
I’m thinking I might just cut my hours back for now and increase my hours elsewhere, to get some perspective. I’m lucky that both of my jobs are flexible so I can work fewer or more hours, as long as I’m earning enough to pay the bills.
I’m off so bed. I think I’ll sleep like a log tonight zzzzzzz
Goodnight everyone x
Old 07-10-2020, 04:04 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Talking of work - I've definitely got that job! It's with the a very security conscious employer and they are saying, due to staffing issues due to covid, up to 9 MONTHS before I actually start!!! They do all the checks one after the other and so probably a long wait.

Financially tricky so I'll try to get something short term in September...and god knows where that leaves my living situation!! I'll speak to my wife tomorrow and see if we can progress it at all...

I also got this terms results from my course and I've done really well. Only the last piece due in September and I'll be done.

Sorry if I sound full of myself... but I am proud of both the job and the results and am going to celebrate them without alcohol. Nice that those things are going well
Old 07-10-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Super well done Be! Great news on job and course!
Love Billy x
Old 07-10-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

BE, congrats on the job. It’s like you just conceived and the job will be born in 9 months, lol. Nice job on your course work as well. Go celebrate with a milkshake!
Old 07-10-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the job and the course Be, thats great.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

Night all, have a good day willow