Class of November 2019 Part 10

Old 07-11-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Can you please take some pictures for us dear Brian? s xx
Old 07-12-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes, pictures please Briansy
Monday morning, and I’m on day 20 today
Another sober day ahead. I’m not working today but my sister is popping over for a cuppa which I am looking forward to. I’m in bed with a cup of tea at the moment, lovely
Old 07-13-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How are you going Briansy? Are you at your folks place yet? It’s Tuesday here, but I think it’s still Monday night over there so maybe you’re not there yet...
Old 07-14-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Willow, thanks for checking in! I am now home with my folks and am glad to have gotten out of that Air BNB. I really don't like being out of my own space for very long.

Yesterday I had a bit of a nightmare. So I drove from my rental property about an hour and got on a boat to a beautiful island off the South coast. Went for a 15k hike which was awesome. Finished up my hike and got the second last boat back to the mainland at about 6.30. As the boat was approaching the mainland I went to get my car keys. No sign. I had put them in a little pouch and clearly didn't zip it up properly. ****, ****, ****!!!! I had also lost the key to my apartment. I turned around and got the last boat to the island for the night to look for the keys - the boat driver said he would take me back to mainland though and gave me 30 mins to look for my keys. I covered some serious terrain so needless to say no sign. As it's my Dad's car I thought he would have a spare. No spare. Called a locksmith. Couldn't come til lunchtime and I was checking out of my Air BnB in the morning and had LOADS of stuff. I eventually got a taxi back to my apartment and then had to return the next morning with all of my stuff in a taxi to meet the locksmith to get into my car. In total it cost me 500 pounds sterling and a horrible amount of stress. The timing of my checkout made it even worse lugging all of my stuff including a blow up bed and 47 inch TV!

But, it's over, I'm home and what that means is I definitely won't drink for 2 weeks. I will hit the two month mark a week today which I'm excited about.

How are you guys today? Still all good Willow? No AV for me for a few days. My mother commented on how well I looked this time. No dark eyes!
Old 07-14-2020, 06:46 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Wow, that sounds really stressful Briansy! Sooooo good that you didn’t drink over it!
I’m on 3 weeks, day 22 today, and going well.
The AV still pops in for a chat but I’m trying not to engage with it in the hope that if I ignore it, it will go away lol.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear than Briansy but good work on staying sober

D
Old 07-15-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I read that and I am thinking

And 500 pounds. Yikes. s xx
Old 07-17-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Quiet in here these days! I'm home and doing fine although 2 weeks with my folks is really a bit much. I'm really looking forward to it ending, but I am doing my duty and I'm sure my folks are glad that I'm home. Plus, it isn't all bad!! As I have gotten older, my being set in my ways has massively ramped up. I find myself prepared to compromise less and less and if that means not really seeing many people socially then that's just fine by me.

2 months sober on Tuesday. Although I can feel a big difference physically, mentally I'm still very up and down and have lots of issues. I suppose sobriety is not a magic bullet but still...
Old 07-17-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

You are really lucky to be able to see your parents dear Brian. s
People here can't do that right now.
Enjoy your time with them. xx
Old 07-17-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sorry Suze. That was pretty insensitive of me. I should be more appreciative; what is it they tell you to do: practice some gratitude? How are you doing today?
Old 07-17-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I wish I could see my parents too but sadly they’re in Heaven now, it’s nearly 2 years since they left
But I really do understand how it can be very frustrating to stay at home again Briansy, when you’re used to your own routine and own life. Is the weather good? Maybe you can go out for long walks in the countryside to get some space? And take some photos for us? I love seeing the Irish and British countryside, sigh
Also, when I would stay with my folks when they were still alive, I would excuse myself to my room for a lay down whenever I needed some space. I would read a book, or get on my phone etc. I think taking breaks from the “togetherness “ helps with the gratitude
Old 07-18-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I remember Brian doing that last time he was at home with parents.
Taking little breaks.....

I didn't mean that to come out that you were ungrateful Brian....I was just trying to add the positive....no one is allowed out of their county to visit family here right now....at least you are and you can see yours.

And love to you dear Willow, my soul sister....we feel each other. God bless our parents. I miss mine very much as well.

However, I don't miss my sisters one bit and I haven't seen them for four years now (didn't see them for months before I came here in 2016).
So I am actually a horrible person.

s xx
Old 07-18-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

No, you're not a horrible person, Suze. You are finally seeing that you only need positive people in your life.

It's ten days until moving and I'm packing and organizing. Quite exited about going back to college for a year, and looking forward to getting to know a new place. I'm getting married in three months and my partner and I have started the keto diet, and since ketosis and alcohol don't mix, I'm giving up drinking. Imagine that.

How is everyone? SBTS, hope you are ok.

Old 07-18-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I read your post in the other thread....well done you on getting healthy and slim for your wedding, and awesome re the course.
What is it by the way?
Good luck with getting the packing finished.

And thank you. I appreciate that very much. ❤️

I hope SBTS comes back. xx
Old 07-19-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

That’s great Lixie
Old 07-21-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

2 months ago today on May 21 was day 1. Feeling strong as I head into month 3! Nothing major to report. Pretty fatigued after climbing Ireland's highest mountain yesterday and playing golf this AM! Need a break!
Old 07-21-2020, 08:30 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wow B.....incredible stuff all around!! The two months and the mountain. Nice metaphor. s ❤️❤️
Old 07-21-2020, 02:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That’s awesome on 2 months Briansy. And climbing a mountain, wow! Did you take any photos?

I’m at 4 weeks again, coming up to a month (day 29 for me today)
Old 07-22-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Briansy and congrats Willow

D
Old 07-23-2020, 01:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee