Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 10

Old 09-20-2020, 12:47 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I’ve been like that this week Briansy, restless nights and really weird dreams. Waking up tired, grumpy and down. I think the stuff going on at home hasn’t been helping my mood at all. Teens can be so entitled and selfish, like the world revolves entirely around their wants. I feel like a grumpy old cow lol.
I am getting out and doing things to give me some space. Even work gets me out lol.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I've identified what it is: anxiety. I've been feeling super "amped" up in the evenings and I am noticing some of the physical symptoms. Don't think anything in particular is bringing it on. But a tell tale sign is it getting worse after caffeine and sugar. Well, best get serious about that diet then! No sleeping aids tonight for the first time in months. Would like to think everything is moving in the direction of progress.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:17 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

But, yeah, teens do think the world revolves around them. I know cos I distinctly remember having this mindset. And I really noticed my relationship with my parents improving when I softened that stance with a bit of maturity. I think probs only time will help that situ, Willow - and your partner returning to the house!
Old 09-20-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
I've identified what it is: anxiety. I've been feeling super "amped" up in the evenings and I am noticing some of the physical symptoms. Don't think anything in particular is bringing it on. But a tell tale sign is it getting worse after caffeine and sugar. Well, best get serious about that diet then! No sleeping aids tonight for the first time in months. Would like to think everything is moving in the direction of progress.
i find my recovery is negatively impacted by sugar. Caffeine too in the early day’s but I can now drink more without too much effect. I think it’s all about keeping those cortisol levels in check whilst the brain and body repairs itself. I am pretty confident you are moving in the right direction. As long as you stay sober recovery is inevitable.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I think you’re moving in the right direction too Briansy. I reduced caffeine and found my anxiety has lessened. I’m not sure if that’s why, or if it’s more sober time under my belt, or increased fish oil supplements or what. Maybe a combination. I’m still struggling with the sugar though. It’s an ongoing battle to not succumb to sugar cravings. Once I start eating it, it’s really difficult to stop..... weekends I tend to eat more sugar than when I’m busier during the week.

Well today is day 90!
Old 09-20-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Well Congrats darling Willow!!!!!!!!! s ❤️
Old 09-20-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Willow

hi ant briansy and Suze

D
Old 09-20-2020, 07:35 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Willow!!

I'm happy that you and Briansy are able to support each other. You are both stronger than you realize and can do this!!
Old 09-21-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, Dee and MagnumCat

hi Ant & Briansy
Old 09-21-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

First night without sleeping meds last night - oooh, not great at all!!!! But, it's OK, I survived and I did this earlier in the year and it was fine after a while.

Magnum, you must be very close to the year mark - how long to go?? The weather was epic over the weekend, I went for a clifftop walk in Hastings on the South coast and also a walk around Petworth and Petworth park on Saturday. Man, England is one beautiful country. I do love it. Even on my own, I can find ways to have a great time. Exercise is so key for me. Without it, I wouldn't be able to cope.

We got lucky with business levels post lockdown and got a few nice wins (we do recruitment) but things seem to be drying up now. Gonna be a tough 18 months I think.

Also, just when we thought we were coming out the other side of the Covid stuff, it looks like we're all gonna go back into lockdown here in the UK. Which I guess isn't the end of the world. I'd go back up to Leonie and live a blissful life with her and Dave again!!!
Old 09-21-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Hey Dee and fellow class . Hope you are all well!

I live in the UK too briansy. In Leicester! (Premier league champions 2015/16 ) The first County to be locked down again and now Oadby and Wigston! I think this is going to be the norm for the next year or so. I hope they find a vaccine soon. The whole of Europe is having a second wave but I doubt they will take us back to full lockdown again. Interestingly Australia seems to be doing very well, after a large resurgence, from looking at their cases today. I hope our government is touching base with theirs so we can learn how to handle it better here.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi to you too MagnumCat

D
Old 09-22-2020, 03:04 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ant385 View Post
Hey Dee and fellow class . Hope you are all well!

I live in the UK too briansy. In Leicester! (Premier league champions 2015/16 ) The first County to be locked down again and now Oadby and Wigston! I think this is going to be the norm for the next year or so. I hope they find a vaccine soon. The whole of Europe is having a second wave but I doubt they will take us back to full lockdown again. Interestingly Australia seems to be doing very well, after a large resurgence, from looking at their cases today. I hope our government is touching base with theirs so we can learn how to handle it better here.
Hi Ant, yes, I think it will be on and off for the next year or so and into the end of next year as the initial vaccine doses filter through.

Leicestershire is a very nice county. Proper midlands / English countryside - I strayed into it a few times while staying in Northamptonshire during lockdown. Love it up there.

How are you doing? All been plain sailing it seems?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:47 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi back Dee!!

Briansy, I will be hitting the 11 month mark on Thursday, so I still have another month before I make one year. Looking forward to that achievement though. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:24 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Wow Magnum.....very cool. My wedding anniversary is Thursday. 3 years. I think we should celebrate. s ❤️
Old 09-23-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Yay for 11 months Magnum!
I’m hitting 3 months on Thursday when you hit 11 months

And your 3 year anniversary Suze! Definitely cause for celebrations ❤️
Old 09-23-2020, 11:10 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

3 years Suze! You seem like you have a lot more time under your belt than that!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:22 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

that's my wedding anniversary love....3 years married, almost 6 years sober. xx
Old 09-23-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Ahhh, that makes sense
Old 09-24-2020, 10:40 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Suzie!!