24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 491

Old 06-29-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Another one please
Old 06-29-2020, 11:25 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I actually prefer to be on my own a lot of the time. I think I’m naturally an introvert and need alone time to recharge my soul. It’s good to connect with people who help inspire optimism, but I try to limit my exposure to negativity, because I seem to absorb the energy of the people I’m with, and it’s not always good for my mental health. I prefer the ocean, sky, trees, nature, and animals to a lot of people lol
Willow, your words explain me to a tee! That’s just how I feel too. xx

Kenton, your dog looks brilliant dressed up, he’s a Star! . xx

James, it took me a long time sober to get my head right. Heck I’d been poisoning it with alcohol for years, it took a while to re-jig it. But all becomes clear with sobriety, you’re doing great.

Congratulations to all with soberversaries and everyone having another sober day.

24 more please

07.25 am Tuesday 30 June
Old 06-29-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

11:36 pm and checking in for another 24! Today was my first official day of vacation, and it was nice to not be on Zoom for hours! I actually moved all of my stuff back to my office last week and worked there for three days before break. I wanted everything out of my bedroom, which was where I was working, and also wanted to have things nice and organized for when I return. I set my out of office email earlier today, and although I will still check email daily, I don’t feel the need to act on anything that’s not urgent!

Tomorrow we are taking a drive to LA to see the LMU college campus, we hope to be able to at least drive around the campus, if not, we will just drive around the area.

Things here are going okay, although I’m starting to feel like we will never get back to normal. I wish we had locked down early and everyone followed the same rules, the recent rise in cases of Covid makes me wonder how we will be able to contain things at this point. I’m trying to remain focused on what I can control, that’s easier some days than others.

This Wednesday I will have 4 and a half years sober, so that is definitely something to look forward to and to celebrate!

I’m going to spend some time reading and catching up on this thread. I’ve still been checking in every day, but have usually just been trying to support people in Newcomers, I will try to be better about checking in on here!

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone! Sending love to all!!!
💕💗Delilah
Old 06-30-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Thank you for 24
Old 06-30-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

9:22am, in for 24 please.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:39 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeaSlug View Post
Hi I'm checking in again today because I just attended an AA meeting where I found someone who I want to ask to be my sponsor. Next step: ask.
That's great!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:47 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning Campers!

Not cooking out but the days continue to be fabulous.

Sometimes when I'm anxious and laying down I break my life down to the very basics and repeat them in meditation...go through all the basic needs, and perks, then on to children...

One Random act of Kindness each day. And then a quick inventory.

So many senseless acts of violence can be overwhelming.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Day 6. Another 24. 9:58am
Old 06-30-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 06-30-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

24 please
6:23 am EDT
Old 06-30-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

24 more and Love to All.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Nice work Sea Slug

Love the list, VoVo....got pics of the Maine Coon kitty?

24 more and keep the coffee comin'
Old 06-30-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Checking in....another 24 for me too!
Old 06-30-2020, 03:46 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:46 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:56 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

It's 5:57 and I'm ready for another 24!
lov'n life !
Babs
Old 06-30-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:03am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!!
Old 06-30-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

“Whether you have one day or one thousand days, you are an inspiration. You have one day that someone else hasn’t reached yet. Your example can change lives.” – Unknown

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
Old 06-30-2020, 04:43 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Sorry you're feeling low, Awake. Stick with us xxx

Just a quick check in, in between meetings ... Work has got super busy. I will catch up on all the posts later. Earlier today, the kids dressed the dog up as Yoda - gives a good idea of how well home schooling is going anyway, you can see Yoda Dog in my avatar. Made me smile, hope it makes you smile too. Speak soon lovely people, 24 more for me please xxx
I love the photo Kenton- very cute.
Hope you have another fun day of homeschooling
Lots of hugs xoxo
Old 06-30-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Evening folks, early check in for me as I’m making good on my promise to myself and having an early night...

Work was tiring today, I think I’m just run down and not getting enough down time, 6 ten or eleven hour work days a week get a bit much sometimes.

Had a good hot shower and I’m on my bed loving the wind gusting outside and the odd spatter of rain against the window.

Feeling kind of empty at the moment, not wanting company because I have nothing to say and can’t make small talk for the sake of it. Sometimes just being silent is something like serenity (or as close as I’ve been).

I don’t feel like I love myself, not yet, but I’m not unhappy in my own company so much any more. I don’t feel like I have anything to offer anyone in terms of companionship or close friendships right now, I like just being alone. It’s hard to explain but I just find people hard work. I know that’s me, not them and probably selfish but that’s how I feel.

It’s occurred to me that since my drinking became a real problem and I admitted I’m an alcoholic, it’s had a bearing on every relationship in my life, one way or another.

I separated from the mother of my children, got sober, we got back together, I relapsed, we split up.
I met someone else, once again sober, quickly relapsed. That’s happened three times in the last couple of years. What do I need to learn from this?

Im currently 35 days sober since my last go round and feel pretty ok in myself but my attention is turning to the bigger picture and the people around me. My drinking is like a helicopter crash. Everyone within my radius gets a bit of it.

So this alone time is perhaps an unconscious mechanism of self defence... I’m not doing anything special, but I’m not having to put too much effort into anyone else, and maybe that’s better than forcing things and being halfhearted?

For the first time in years I’m able to sit and watch tv and actually take it in, and enjoy it. (I’m watching Loudermilk on Amazon at the moment and I’m liking it)...

Just need to say thank you to all of you guys here who read through my ramblings and always have something nice to say. You’re an encouragement to be a better person.

I didn’t need to drink today, and for that I’m truly grateful. I’d like another 24 hours of grace please, with a little help to make good decisions and just do the right thing, as best I can...

Stay safe everyone.

Peace and love
James
Hi James,
First off, congratulations on 35 days of sobriety. It sounds like you are very self aware and willing to examine your actions, feelings and the world around you. In my eyes, this is such a great way to begin evolving and growing as your sober days get longer.
As for your pattern with relationships and relapsing- perhaps it just means that this is a time to be alone, so you can put all of your attention on you, and not get distracted along the way. I think it is very hard to deal with life let alone adding a relationship to the mix while trying to get sober. I could not have done it.

Go easy on yourself, give yourself what it is that you need and be patient and kind to YOU.
Your sobriety is the most important thing right now.
Take care and have a wonderful day.