Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2

Old 06-22-2020, 11:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I never was in these threads much other than to say that I was apart of it but now am realizing this is the place to be and to be with others who have quit around the same time. Hewson, I am particulary happy to hear from you as I have not seen any posts from you and was worried.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

im with u all still im like lixie on day 8 but again i am finding it easy just now due to being with daughter and newborn and keeping myself bz. will have to work on that when i get back home on thursday.

congrats to everyone and good to see couple of new peeps join x

have a good day, im off out with gson no 1 for most of day so daughter can get some rest with baby x wish me luck lol
Old 06-23-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

A brand new baby... <3 What a blessing!

Day nine here, and I'm happy.

Have a nice day, gorgeous people!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

Day 3. Completely zombified after a 2-hour sleep!
I've never said this before, but I finally know I have to quit FOR GOOD. I will be so hard but I have to do this. My life depends on it.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope everyone has a good sober day

d
Old 06-23-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey listae....I can see the tabs and post here......maybe you could refresh the page.....that might help love.... s ❤️
Old 06-23-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

If I keep drinking, I'm not only going to keep living a diminished life but I will die a miserable and painful death. The daily misery and the misery of the mornings are getting to me. I've been trying to "taper" off the last few days but this has not been working. I end up drinking more and more.

So, today, (I'm writing this while hungover), I'm going to just not drink. I'm going to not drink.

My liver is hurting; I'm bloated; and I can't focus.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I have never found security and happiness through self-will and the only result is a life of fear and discontent.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Remember how happy you were when you were sober for months and doing AA meetings? I remember. s

With you every step today love. Right here. Going to work on plants inside as it is rainy today.

Some water love, something to eat if you can and a shower when you can.....just a quick one. One step at a time. Together. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 06-23-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by birdie11 View Post
Hi everyone. I checked my old posts to see when I last posted in this group - it was back on 4th and it was about me calling my local rehab center and getting the ball rolling re: their outpatient program. Well, I got enrolled in their IOP program and am a week and a half in. Due to the pandemic it is all online (Zoom). I do Group sessions 3 times a week - MWF from 9am-noon and then a 1 hr meeting once a week with my individual counselor. When I first decided to do it I was dreading it and thinking it was going to be SO much time. But I actually love it! Today was my 4th group session and I get something out of each and every one. And, truth be told, I spent way more time than that each week drinking so.... I have been trying to manage this on my own for so long and it wasn't working yet I really hesitated for some reason to take that next step of seeking out more help and now I cannot for the life of me understand why!

Today is Day 20 for me and for the first time in a long time I feel such optimism about the future. So I really wanted to encourage anyone that thinks they need some additional help or structure or support to seek it out, I wish I had done it long ago.
That's wonderful birdie!!!! SO SO happy for you. Congrats on 20 days! xx
Your husband must be so proud.... and how brilliant that IOP is available....very happy to hear this. s ❤️❤️
Old 06-23-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Loving all the posts this morning. Thank you. It helps so much.

Listae, make today your new day 1. It is so tough to get back in the light, but once you do, youll
be on a better path. Do something different today. I think you live alone? Do you have a friend you could talk to or maybe join an online group? I’m only on day 4, but getting through that first couple days makes me realize how precious my health and life are. We’re here for you.

Taking it easy today. Feeling better but still have a health issue to take care; glad I could get into the Dr. today.

Have a good and sober day.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hope your doc appt goes well love. ❤️
Old 06-23-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Loving all the posts this morning. Thank you. It helps so much.

Listae, make today your new day 1. It is so tough to get back in the light, but once you do, youll
be on a better path. Do something different today. I think you live alone? Do you have a friend you could talk to or maybe join an online group? I’m only on day 4, but getting through that first couple days makes me realize how precious my health and life are. We’re here for you.

Taking it easy today. Feeling better but still have a health issue to take care; glad I could get into the Dr. today.

Have a good and sober day.
Thank you Jewel: I've been following your posts and feel that we have so much in common. Yes, I need to do meetings. I want to do 90 meetings in 90 days. I'm going to try both AA and SMART Recovery. If I'm left to my own devices, then I will keep drinking. My AV is devil in disguise.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
Thank you Jewel: I've been following your posts and feel that we have so much in common. Yes, I need to do meetings. I want to do 90 meetings in 90 days. I'm going to try both AA and SMART Recovery. If I'm left to my own devices, then I will keep drinking. My AV is devil in disguise.
Yes, I feel the same way. Darkness envelops me while I’m drinking and it’s so hard to pull away from. Gets worse every time too. That’s why we can’t drink...ever again. Let us know how you’re doing later today.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by listae View Post
If I keep drinking, I'm not only going to keep living a diminished life but I will die a miserable and painful death. The daily misery and the misery of the mornings are getting to me. I've been trying to "taper" off the last few days but this has not been working. I end up drinking more and more.

So, today, (I'm writing this while hungover), I'm going to just not drink. I'm going to not drink.

My liver is hurting; I'm bloated; and I can't focus.
You can do this Listae! Day 4 here and I remember the hell I went through Day 1. Unbelievable withdraw... now? I feel the best I have felt in a while. And you can too if you make the decision to quit (TODAY) putting yourself through all this unnecessary pain and misery.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Yes, I feel the same way. Darkness envelops me while I’m drinking and it’s so hard to pull away from. Gets worse every time too. That’s why we can’t drink...ever again. Let us know how you’re doing later today.
I've become convinced over the years that for whatever reason, for certain people, the state of drunkenness leaves us open to attack from negative entities or negative energy.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi all of you new quitters! Listae, you have the right attitude. Just don't drink today to start.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Totally agree Puckluck.

Just got back from. Dr. Turned out to be an infection. Antibiotic should take care if it. Really thankful it isn’t more serious. I had myself quite worried. I was honest with this dr. About my drinking for the first time. Thought it might have something to do with health issue. Maybe, maybe not. All I know is I’m already feeling 100% better than I did while drinking. Going to cherish my health and take care of myself.

Where’s Freedom fries? Citrus? You ok?
Old 06-23-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

Glad it wasn't anything too serious, Jewel.

Day 4 is going very well, no cravings at all. I do think I have a slight cold and it's annoying as hell. Other than that, all good.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Well I thought if I'm gonna get serious I may as well introduce myself. I'm winding down my day 2 of my like 5th or 6th quit attempt in the last few years. I think. All I know is I have to take this seriously. That Darkness y'all mentioned? I was overtaken 2 nights ago, horrifyingly so. I'm still so embarrassed and ashamed, even a little surprised since it's been awhile since I've had such a horrific drunken...night. Ugh. Anyway, I'm in need of accountability and support so I intend to check in frequently. Good to be in your company!