SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 489 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447835-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-489-a.html)

zeppodog 06-13-2020 04:24 AM

Coffee then off to work, looks like another great day to stay sober.

abcowboy 06-13-2020 04:29 AM

“I am in competition with no one. I run my own race. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.” – Unknown

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Canadian Koala 06-13-2020 04:38 AM

24 more please

:thanks

yukonm 06-13-2020 04:40 AM

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:40am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today!! :a122:

venuscat 06-13-2020 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by abcowboy (Post 7460588)
“I am in competition with no one. I run my own race. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday.” – Unknown

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Another incredible quote ~ thank you so much dear cowboy! :) :hug: ❤️

tomls 06-13-2020 04:56 AM

I don't know where you get all these quotes cowboy but some are really good! 24 more clean and sober hours please in this different world that we are trying to adjust to. I was trying to get used to the old one and then they changed it!:a043:

venuscat 06-13-2020 05:09 AM

^^^ I was just thinking about that dear Tom....and I was noticing that after a few months of struggle, I have surrendered to the 'new normal'. It's really an interesting parallel to our sobriety journeys. Surrender and acceptance. And then peace can find its way into this strange new reality.

The serenity prayer says it best for me: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change..."

It just took me a while to get with the program. :)

:hug: ❤️

venuscat 06-13-2020 05:10 AM

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours: 9 am EDT ~ 8.59 am EDT....(ish :)).

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug:

1newcreation
abcowboy
ardy
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
Bailey3
badgerden
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BarrelCactus
BeckoningCat
BringingBackB
Bubovski
Canadian Koala
CeeFarro
Chaisson
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
CrossYourHeart
DaneK
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
Endoftheday
erfra7
Erratic
fishkiller
FormerBeerLover
freedomfries
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer (RIP)
Goat
goose333
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
jimmyJlover
joandmelandhan
John65
julietUK
Kaneda8888
kenton
kevlarsjal2

Kris47
least
LillianGish
listae
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1
mystified
neferkamichael

Neoo
Nic233
nmd
Noam19
NoGoingBack
Optimist4ever57
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
PurpleKnight
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Ravel
Red78
Reid82
Saskia
SeaSlug
SnoozyQ
Sober369
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
StartAnew68
stargazer016
Stubbs16
Sunflowerlife
tgirl
theVman31
Tinker B
TiredCarpenter
tomls
Treesofgreen
TrueNewGirl
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Vinificent
WaterOx
whopper
wiscsober
Willow68
yukonm
Zanna
zeppodog

Onward together! :grouphug:

https://i.imgur.com/Jo6xQQd.jpg

Thank you dear abcowboy. :) :hug:

June 13, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/4e7ObSF.gif
aussieblue ~ 1 week!
Sobertoday54 ~ 1 week!
abcowboy ~ 5 years & 5 months!

https://i.imgur.com/Wy6cJmv.gif

venuscat 06-13-2020 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by IcedVoVo (Post 7460405)
Things were really getting to me today..stress, worry, grief. What brought me out of it was connection. My brother called. Then I wrote to a friend. I may be isolated, physically..I’m still struggling to walk, I am working without breaks but it doesn’t have to be that way. There are hands to hold, and many things I can do for others. It’s going to get to me sometimes, and sometimes I’ll get obsessed with work. To try to run from the anxious feelings. And work until I’m miserable..constantly. Family, friends, kindness, empathy..I’ll forget those things until I feel exhausted and hopeless. I feel better now, and I’m here to celebrate sobriety and fellowship tonight—what a good feeling.

What is truly important? How can I help? I am truly blessed. Sometimes I have to stop caring so much about work and money. I am not in danger, today. I am not sick or without a job. I have food, friends, sobriety and a house to live in. It’s fear that gets me every time..things that aren’t real. Being sober is a tremendous gift. It’s easy to forget that the world opened up and I was able to use my gift to build a good life. Coming here grounds me and reminds me that I don’t have to be ruled by fear and worry. Thank you so much for being here and listening. I am happy to chat with anyone who feels lost, as we all do during this at times. Drinking life robbed me of hope and peace. Though I felt so discouraged earlier I could get back on track and check myself. It did pass and I didn’t have to drink to block the feelings. Because of sobriety them and got back to basics. It’s the connection to others that saves us when overwhelmed. My head is a dangerous place, for sure!

24 for me as I feel so much calmer, now. I look forward to reading and meditation..and writing more to reach out.

Have a great night or day

xx

Such a beautiful post darling VoVo.... :hug: s xx ❤️

I think I also struggle with fear over all of this being 'real'.
But it is....this is the life we built/are building. :)

I am glad your brother called.... and glad feel you smiling. :)
So much love my friend. :hug: xx ❤️

Bailey3 06-13-2020 05:34 AM

Another sober day is needed so, I’m going to take it. It’s rather cool here for mid June here but, that’s okay. It’s better than the heat and humidity.

Congrats to aussieblue, sobertoday54 and, abcowboy!

Good quote, Cowboy.

Sober thoughts a d wishes for all!

venuscat 06-13-2020 05:46 AM

YES!!!! It's so cool I had to put my slipper boots on. :) :)
I LOVE it....so so happy. Finally I can get a day of plants and gardening.
I can finish all the indoor plantings.
Plus my neighbours across the road went away for a week and tasked me with watering their garden and now I don't have to water today. Nice.
It is a fair bit of work.

And I say 'tasked me with' because it was the funniest text I have ever read. They didn't so much ask me if I would do it, but praised my garden skills and asked if they could pay me to look after their garden for a week odd and if not thank you anyway. Like I am a gardening business or something. Ha ha. So I decided that is a good idea and what I am going to do. Start my own yard maintenance business to water and such for peple who go away during the summer. Then I will add dog walking. :)

StartAnew68 06-13-2020 05:48 AM

Congratulations milestoners xx:hyper

Despite precious little sleep over the past few nights I've had a very productive day. Laundry load completed, all dishes up-to-date despite me having a meal just about every hour (helped by the fact that I'm finally utilising the appliances I've bought over the years some of which were still in boxes - large slow cooker, small slow cooker, rice maker, multi cooker, halogen oven and the naughty one (deep fat fryer) - are so much easier to clean than pots, pans and the oven.

Now off to the supermarket. Usually I would avoid anywhere selling alcohol this early into my 'journey' but I'm feeling so good and 'on the ball' that the lying voice that says to me "buy one bottle, you can make it last a couple of days" isn't even bothering to air its opinion.

Have a grand day everyone xx

Bailey3 06-13-2020 05:52 AM

"buy one bottle, you can make it last a couple of days"

Yeah thats a lie lie I fell for numerous times. It never ended well.

Teetotaler56 06-13-2020 05:57 AM

Another 24 please!

venuscat 06-13-2020 06:01 AM

Welcome to the thread dear Teetotaler :) :hug: s
Or perhaps back to the thread. :)

.....buy one bottle and make it last....I could make it last an hour maybe. Really.

StartAnew68 06-13-2020 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bailey3 (Post 7460636)
"buy one bottle, you can make it last a couple of days"

Yeah thats a lie lie I fell for numerous times. It never ended well.

As you say NEVER ended well. In fact it was the times I 'convinced' myself of that were the days I went on the worst benders. This time next year my son will graduate University. I intend to be 2 clothes sizes down with a clear complexion, a smile on my face and twinkle in my eye.

Teetotaler56 06-13-2020 06:04 AM

Thank you Venus!
I'm ashamed to admit how much we've been spending and buying. Stocking up by the case instead of the bottle.
It feels good to say "no more" and really mean it.

wiscsober 06-13-2020 06:08 AM

Great morning, afternoon, and night to everyone, bit wordy, but it's worldwide fellowship.

Bubvoski: I google AFL footy, looks exciting, men and women. I’ll watch highlights. I like the high scoring. I miss major league baseball. American sports are in sorry shape because of Covid19.

Checking in for 24 hours of abstinence + recovery at 0815. Punch my ticket please.

My thoughts are with you all who have chronic pain. I know many people living with pain 24/7. I feel powerless when they talk about it. I try not to judge when their conversation centers around opioids and cannabis.

Coldfusion: I saw some photos of The Salish Sea and Orcas Island. Incredible beauty. How is the shellfish harvest?

Leigh: my thoughts are with you dealing with the pain. Thank you for supporting me.

Birds will be attracted to fats after rains and when it’s chilly, since the insects aren’t moving around.

Hope to get to the grocery store. Stock up on single serve meals.

Keeping abstinence and sobriety forefront.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

wiscsober 06-13-2020 06:14 AM

June 13, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/4e7ObSF.gif
aussieblue ~ 1 week!
Sobertoday54 ~ 1 week!
abcowboy ~ 5 years & 5 months!

https://i.imgur.com/Wy6cJmv.gif

lyddie 06-13-2020 07:40 AM

Another 24 for me please