Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 5

Old 06-09-2020, 05:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I looked it up....the next Friday the 13th is November 2020.

I used to journal about my feelings Mysti love, but I talk about things now with my husband, a few close friends and pretty often....here on SR.

Old 06-09-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 16. Beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky. This is going to be a long summer. I most likely won't see a single person I know. Although, I was socially isolated already before the pandemic hit. My day-to-day life hasn't changed much. I have friends that probably have had their world turned upside down. One friend is a Phys-ed teacher and it looks like gym classes will not be happening at any of schools for the upcoming school year. Another friend manages several restaurants for a large chain. His job may not survive.

I have been on a health kick for this sober streak. I have dropped carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, rice, and replaced them with fruit and vegetables. Only drawback is that I can't seem to satisfy hunger even with massive amounts of salad. I don't know how vegetarians do it. I want a giant steak now!

Old 06-09-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

What about eggs? I am the omelette queen...and not the folded kind of omelette that is more breakfasty in my mind....I do (for my husband) a three-egg omelette with two types of mushrooms, baby spinach, cheese slices (white cheddar only that I have to buy from a restaurant supply store) and tomato slices (big thick ones). I cook it on the stove top with a lid, medium heat for 15 mins and it puffs up under the lid and is the most beautiful thing....to look at and taste. I finish it off with a few extra bits of spinach in the centre and a little bit of grated parmesan. And I serve it with some really nice bread toasted. (For my husband, that is way too much for me).

Anyway, it is yummy and filling and very healthy. s
Old 06-09-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Eggs and beans (such as chickpeas etc) are good sources of protein WL and will help to fill you up. Can you eat fish or other lean meats? Chicken breasts and Turkey fur example. I don't eat tofu but others swear by it.
You'll constantly feel hungry on just veggies.

Hugs to everyone here.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hot day here too. Didn't sleep very well, although better than the night before. I'm not working this week so not doing too much, little chores. I'm going to go to a couple of shops this afternoon mainly to get out. I need a raincoat and will also look at some bike accessories. I wish I could get a holder for my phone.

I have become obsessed with puzzles but they are in short supply since the pandemic. I was thinking I would have to find a jig saw puzzle black market lol. But I found a great site yesterday that still had stock. I actually spent like an hour browsing through puzzle catalogues lol. Sooner or later I'm sure I'll get tired of them but I'm only on my second so hopefully not for a while.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

You can find a holder for your phone online if you want to Maria....just saying.
And I can see you riding your bike in a gorgeous new raincoat. Something yellow maybe. Something patterned and groovy.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I just got back from a walk/shopping, Maria. It's getting super hot out. I cut my trip short. I was going to walk down to the harbour but turned around at Dundas square.

I am not cutting any meat out. Just carbs. I am devouring all sorts of meat still. Thanks for the recipes!
Old 06-09-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Work has been busy and last night I was wrecked, went to bed before my usual time. Today is more of the same but I can handle it, it's just with more on, I'm a bit tired but still focused to stay sober and improve my diet:-)
It's so much easier and better when sober though do you think. I've noticed a huge difference in me at work since I went back after being off in lockdown,
Old 06-09-2020, 11:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
It's so much easier and better when sober though do you think. I've noticed a huge difference in me at work since I went back after being off in lockdown,
Absolutely!!
I got home,walked the dog, got food. Went and did shopping, did the dishes...then took a shower and I was enjoying the shower I was thinking, how much time I wasted, just sitting, drinking...wasting time,money and my life and I got nothing positive out of it! Madness!
At present, I'm making stuff to take in for lunch tomorrow, awaiting a delivery and I'll be taking the dog out for a walk before bedtime, might even get some reading in too!
In work, I've noticed it's just easier to be on the ball, all the time! In a lot better mood too so little things that would have irked me before, I can brush them off without letting it get to me. It's as you said,just way more easier!:-)
Old 06-09-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It's great to see everyone being so busy and feeling so good! Sobriety is wonderful. I'm still not feeling well, though. I have yet another Dr. appointment tomorrow. It's still not three weeks yet that I've been on the antidepressants, so maybe they will kick in soon and I'll find out that's all it is.
I did take Charley for a walk, and I'm getting laundry done. My house is cleaner than it's ever been. So, not all is a loss! I think I may go for another walk after some rest.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Or maybe take it easy honey....especially if it is boiling hot there. s
I am sorry you are not feeling well and I hope the doc can help love. xx ❤️
Old 06-09-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sober369, I had a lot of issues last year and was put on antidepressants, the ones I was on I was told.it could take up to 6 weeks to feel an.effect, think for me it was around the 5week mark that I noticed a bit of a difference

But keep going on the walks, any sort of getting out helped.me because at times just sitting in the house with my thoughts really didn't help. Hope you feel better soon x
Old 06-09-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yes, that's much better advice.... s

I was only worried that it might be 95F like it is here....that is too hot for me for walking. xxxxx
Old 06-09-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Day 14. I haven’t posted the last few days because I was taking a break from my phone/internet, but all is well here
Old 06-09-2020, 01:41 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days dear kittencat! ❤️
Old 06-09-2020, 01:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thank you venuscat x
Old 06-09-2020, 01:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 days, Kittencat!
Thanks Venus and Zombie, really knowing you guys care makes me feel better.
Odd how the weather is sort of upside down right now, Venus. It probably won't even hit 80 here today. That may have to do with the storm in the gulf? It's trying to rain and it's windy and feels wonderful out there.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oh that sounds divine Karen. ❤️
Old 06-09-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Karen. I'm on anti-ds too although more for anxiety than depression but they stabilize me and stop the racing thoughts. anyway, it took a few weeks for them to kick in.

Congrats on 2 weeks KC

In bed now, off to sleep hopefully. Had a good and productive day and just realised I had no thoughts of drinking at all. Maybe this is the new normal
Old 06-09-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Love it RAL
Sleep well honey. xx ❤️