Andy, we crossed posts.

How about ‘a button on a sock’
Or
an inflatable dart board.

or as my grandad used to say ‘as a five bob note!’
Old 06-07-2020, 01:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for the pics and info Itchy. I always get a great feel for the places you have lived.

Early start to the work day. Some coffee and SR first.

Have a good day all!
Old 06-07-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Star, have a good day at work!
Old 06-07-2020, 02:00 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Cool bonfire Itchy ~ looks like a lot of work goes into it!

Still waking up....my first Sunday working at this job since the schedule change, but it's a skeleton crew, so hopefully that means we can just get stuff done without the usual BS drama....more coffee first

Old 06-07-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have a good day too at work Purps.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Andy, I’ve heard of the “herding cats” one before but not the others :-). I’m awful at thinking up stuff like that but really enjoy reading them.

Hi to all and have a good day
Old 06-07-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Afternoon Overs!

Andy,
Over here in they use them as insults. https://www.gotlines.com/insults/useless/
Some of my favorites:
"​​​​​​​As useless as white-out to a computer data entry clerk."
"Useless as an ejection seat on a helicopter." Ouch!

Mags,
You said "
Itchy, Colardo (Colorado) is 24.5 million acres ! WOW! That’s big! Certainly some clean air there!"
"The United Kingdom has a total area of 94,058 square miles (243,610 sq km). In acres, that's 60,197,120. So our our state, which is not our biggest, is more than a third of the size of the UK. Eleven states are larger than the whole of the UK. Alaska alone has 424,491,046 acres, just over seven times the size of the UK.! https://beef2live.com/story-ranking-...acres-0-108930

We did Alaska by RV one year and our fuel costs back in 1999 were close to $10k traveling from Louisiana to Alaska and back by way of Grand Canyon, the Hoover dam, Las Vegas, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Alberta and Banff Provincial Park, Jasper Ice Fields, Lake Louise, Prince George, Dawson Creek, Tok AK USA, (By road everyone from the US through Canada to Alaska have to go through Tok it's the only road!) Fairbanks AK., Denali Park AK, Wasilla, Anchorage, Soldotna, backtracked to Moose Pass to get down to Seward, then the Richardson Hwy to Tok Cutoff Hwy to Tok again, then almost over to Watson lake we took a right and returned to Prince George via the Cassia Highway with mid-September upon us we dashed down to Sumas Washington in five rainy cold days with some ice in the mornings. Remember we are two 36 foot fifth wheels pulled by 1 ton Dual rear wheel diesel pickup trucks. From Sumas WA USA we went down to San Diego California for a week with my family parked at the base RV park on the strand next to the Navy Seals HQ and just south of Coronado, before hitting i5 N at Imperial Beach, then E on I-8 to I-10 to I-20 E to Princeton LA. That year we saw much more and made many three day to two week stops, starting in early April and getting to our then winter quarters full hookup RV space with concrete patio on family property. just in time for Halloween.
So we can personally testify to the grandeur and size of Alaska. Europeans especially are amazed when they get a grip on the scope of the US. I could drive From Stockholm Sweden to Rome Italy, 1582 miles, in 26 hours: https://www.bing.com/maps?q=Stockhol...ANNTA1&PC=U531

But from El Paso Texas in the middle of the southern part of our country to the NE US to Boston Massachusetts is 2397 miles taking 36 hours to drive: https://www.bing.com/maps?q=el+paso+...ANNTA1&PC=U531

Star,
YW bud. I do pics of the things I had no clue about and then just read the directions, practiced and then just did it. Try turning right on a busy highway when your truck and trailer is about 58feet long and you need both lanes and there is something steel in the corner. But the scoop on a full size tractor, as well as the bush hog, box blade, and boom were foreign to me. Pictures tell it better. Like above, the perspective changes when you even just name the size or the main waypoints of a long two or three day road-trip. I know, itineraries are even more boring than home videos.

Purps,
The bonfire is the result of a lot of work clearing low hanging branches where I mow to the edge of the woods, fence line vines and thorny berry vines and muscadine grape vines choking out everything. I only moved the ash pile with the tractor twice a year, once after all the leaves are burned in fall, and in April/May after clean up and prune. I live in town now with a big yard by city standards but I could use non-powered push mower and my big scissor looking hedge shears on this one and not be sore it is so small.

Gotta go start something out in this beautiful day. Bye y'all! (Oops)

Old 06-07-2020, 11:15 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

I like the dart board Mags.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, we could put the UK in a small corner of the USA, it’s so immense. You are very informative and eloquent.

I may have said this already, I can’t remember. But with this lockdown, there are many tv people working from home using zoom or whatever.I love seeing them in their own environment. I’m sure people are different at home also. I also like looking at their furnishings and cushions and bookcases. I wouldn’t go into someone’s house and nosey around but on tv in the small screen they’re in, there’s lots behind them happening.
I also like to see the antics of their pets. Can be hilarious.

Have a good a Monday my friends. xxxx (stay safe) xx
Old 06-08-2020, 12:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Morning all! Another early day at work.

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 06-08-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Doesn't feel like Monday 'cause I worked all weekend.....I think it's Monday....

Old 06-08-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Mags, yes, I agree about Zoom. Fascinating to see people in their own milieu.

Purps, cute pic and yes, I agree on the coffee!

Have a good day, Overs :-)
Old 06-08-2020, 03:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Morning overs!

Man you guys get up early!

Mags,
We just drove all over the continent for seven years. Ski resorts, and flying down to Egypt to dive the Red Sea and visit Luxor, The Valley Of The Kings. Our perspective made us realize that Europe was smaller than I realized until we drove all over it. From Luxembourg driving to Hurghada Egypt is 3600 miles or so, and San Diego to Preque Isle Maine is ~ 3300 miles! https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Luxembo...rghada#r/Drive https://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_m...les_California
I too get a kick seeing the homes of the folks we watch like Stephen Colbert's house and James Cordon's Garage studio.

Morning Andy, Star.

Purps,
What days are you off, now you're working weekends.

Sunny and windy here. Rain wasn't enough to wet anything.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

I've been doing the online Zoom meetings for a couple of years now. I had a record 15 people on my Saturday meeting! Most are amazed that I have the same background every time. I'm always on my office computer, as I have no iPhone or internet connection at home. Keeps me out of trouble!

Have a Marvelous Monday, overs!
Old 06-08-2020, 11:05 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs
FBL, it’s heart warming that you’re helping people with the Saturday meetings.

Itchy, must’ve been quite an experience travelling through those countries.

I put my wheelie bin on the edge of the drive only to realise it’s not Wednesday!

Have a terrific Tuesday, my friends. xxxx
Old 06-09-2020, 02:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Mags, it’s hard enough to remember days when we are retired, then when we add to that old age and the pandemic, it’s a wonder we remember anything at all

Itchy, how fortunate you are to have travelled and seen so much! I think it is a big positive to see as much as we can both for our enjoyment, to “broaden our horizons” and to have a better understanding of and appreciation for others in this fractious world.

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 06-09-2020, 02:04 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

FBL, great that you can have Zoom meetings! That face-to-face can be a better connection for all.
Old 06-09-2020, 02:14 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Just thought I'd check my sobriety calculator this morning and I see that I'm now up to 4,000 days sober! I remember all of those years when I couldn't string together more than a couple of days. This is a MUCH better way to live!

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!

Hi Overs

FBL ! How awesome are you my friend. You should feel very proud of yourself. Best thing ive read all day :

Enjoyed your long intersting post as always Itch xx
Hope you are all well, was nice to catch up on all your posts

xxxx

Old 06-09-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Good to "see" you here, Snooz!

Still working on my 1971 Topps baseball card set. I'm hoping that the in-person card shows can start again sometime this summer!?!

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!