Notices

One Year & Over Part 75

Old 07-11-2020, 04:44 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Yay! We are going to be cautiously free on Monday We can leave campus in our own cars and cautiously do some stuff!

Have a great and safe weekend to all.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:06 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Yay, Sassy!

The radio show was a real blast! Always fun to talk about the stuff I'm passionate about. I didn't get to bed until about 12:30AM, which is very late for me. I was still up at 5:30AM this morning, LOL!

Have a Wonderful Weekend, overs!
Old 07-11-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, that’s brilliant, you can’t beat doing stuff.

FBL, glad the radio show went well.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Doing stuff is good.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:58 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun FBL....glad you had a good time
Old 07-11-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

The sun is shining and I want to trim the overhang on a small bush in the front garden. It’s gone onto the path slightly and it’s bothering me. So whilst it’s dry I’m going to cut it back a bit. Hopefully I can stop sneezing for a bit. .

Have a good Sunday my friends. xxxx
Old 07-11-2020, 11:30 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
We have sun too.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

A nice day here too, going for a nice long walk with Miss Molly, our last chance as we take her down to my mum on Tuesday to 'visit' with her for a couple of months, while we are in Spain.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:27 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

It’s Sunday again! Time just whizzes on by.

FBL, happy to hear you had fun with the radio show :-)

It’s too early to tell if we are going to have a sunny day though if I recall the forecast, I think it will be a partly sunny day and humid.

Have an enjoyable day to all.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:01 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

toots, have a good time in Spain. Will you get some golfing in, I remember you saying they had a good golf course. It’s nice that Molly is staying with your mum. Great company for each other.

Sassy, I hope you got chance to have a drive out and do stuff. It must be lovely after the lockdown. Take care.

This lockdown has been a strange time. Also it gives me food for thought. How do prisoners reach acceptance of their time in a prison cell, I know they’re paying for a crime, but how it must affect their mental state.
Same as hospitals, a friend of my family has dementia, she’s been in hospital as she needs 24 hour care now and she hasn’t been able to see her family, and thinks they’ve deserted her.
She hasn’t much longer on earth, the doctors say, and her family have hired 24 hour nursing and care for one month so she can come home, as the hospitals can do no more for her. So me having to stay home with hubby for 12+ weeks isn’t such a hardship.

So glad I’m sober.

Take care and be safe, my friends. xxxx
Old 07-12-2020, 10:50 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:05 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Mags we hope to play a couple of times a week over there. We are holding our breath at the moment as Spain is still on Scotland's quarantine list so the company we're flying with has cancelled all flight til 2 days before ours. We will wait for further developments. If needs be and ours is cancelled we can fly from England but it is much more of a scutter. I am sure being around her family will help your friend in her final days. A lot of people have suffered mental stress throughout this lockdown, especially those who live alone. I count my blesssings daily.

Have a good one everyone
Old 07-13-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Toots, agreed - I also count my blessings daily! I do get annoyed with the relatively small number of residents who can’t look past their own noses and only seem to care about “I want”.

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 07-13-2020, 07:15 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Enjoy your freedom Sassy!

Made my kids watch Jaws after getting home from our beach week. The story is still pretty good, though a bit dated of course. I never saw any of the sequels, but never heard positive reviews of them.

I am glad you had a blast with your group FBL.

Up early for coffee and wildlife. Working late shift today.

Best wishes for a good day all!
Old 07-13-2020, 10:17 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

At least you didn't make them watch it before beach week!! 🤣
Old 07-13-2020, 11:01 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.
Did you know it was 'Black country' day, Toots?
Old 07-14-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Ah, Jaws! I missed it when it came out but caught it 10 years ago or some such. Imho, definitely worth watching :-)

I barely noticed first day of relative freedom yesterday but will be driving out today.

Have a good one, Overs
Old 07-14-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

toots, fingers crossed the flights go to plan. They’ve got it sussed in Scotland.

Star, Jaws was a great film.

Have a terrific Tuesday my friends, stay safe. xxxx
Old 07-14-2020, 10:47 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hi Overs -

Purps - Hi! Nice to hear from you. Hope you are staying safe in FL. FL is all over the news right now.

Mags - Glad you got to celebrate with step mum. Sounds like you had a nice visit

Toots - Fingers crossed you get out ok. Enjoy Spain!

Star - Good luck on late shift. I haven't seen the movie mostly b/c the music itself was enough to scare me as a kid, and I've been to scared to watch the movie since. Ha ha

Andy - Yay! Sun, glorious Sun!

Sass - Freedom!

Itchy - Keep having fun!

PJ - Thx so much. Hugs to you. Crazy to have Victoria cut off like that

I had a better day yesterday with some spells when I didn't feel sick. It was amazing! Having not eaten for a while I was ravenous and ate 1 burrito and 2 tacos in one sitting. The burrito was actually hubby's dinner that he got for himself. He is a wonderful husband to go out and get dinner for both of us, only to willingly give it all to me w/o complaining b/c its the first time I've been able to eat for weeks. (Up to this point I've only gotten a few bites down before my stomach turns into a brick and I have to stop, so this was quite surprising to me.)

You aren't supposed to be able to feel the baby for another month, but 2 days ago when I was lying down, I felt 2 twitches in rapid succession. Then it happened again. It was kind of like the tugging sensation when I fish bites the fly, then spits it out again. I can't think what else it would be except for the whole baby moving around. It was weird feeling but exciting. (Placenta was on the front last time, so I didn't feel anything until late)

Baby K has noticed my tummy starting to pooch out and has started to blow rasberries on it. Ha ha. Funny how much a 2 year old notices.

Old 07-14-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

SE- my oldest son would kick to rock music and quieten down with Mozart in the womb.
Walkies with 2 friends in national park later- one is very down, triggered by memories ruminate with her after we went down the coast last week. All 3 of us had such feelings- for differing reasons, but this lass has taken it hard. I know such feelings all too well, a vicious cycle with such thoughts.