SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447638-class-june-support-thread-2020-part-1-a.html)

Hewson1974 06-04-2020 12:43 PM

Day 3

Did the 2 hour Zoom AA this morning, followed by a good p90x workout. Some reason after lunch my anxiety went off the charts. Decided to do some laundry and then went for hour walk to calm down. Do feel much better now.

PuckLuck 06-04-2020 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hewson1974 (Post 7456245)
Day 3

Did the 2 hour Zoom AA this morning, followed by a good p90x workout. Some reason after lunch my anxiety went off the charts. Decided to do some laundry and then went for hour walk to calm down. Do feel much better now.

Cool, good for you. I'm outside with my dog right now just relaxing. Was able to take a little nap.

I swear daily walks had a lot do with me achieving 8 months of sobriety last go around. Really keeps me calm and focused.

birdie11 06-04-2020 01:27 PM

Day 2. I put it off until the afternoon but I did finally make the call to the local rehab center regarding their outpatient program. It was an initial admissions interview to gather some basic info, then we scheduled a tele-intake interview tomorrow for me with a clinician. I'm proud of myself for actually calling and moving the ball forward. My husband was super proud of me too. :) Also I did an hour of an AA zoom meeting which was nice. Let's all stay sober today, ok?

Hewson1974 06-04-2020 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by birdie11 (Post 7456272)
Day 2. I put it off until the afternoon but I did finally make the call to the local rehab center regarding their outpatient program. It was an initial admissions interview to gather some basic info, then we scheduled a tele-intake interview tomorrow for me with a clinician. I'm proud of myself for actually calling and moving the ball forward. My husband was super proud of me too. :) Also I did an hour of an AA zoom meeting which was nice. Let's all stay sober today, ok?

great job....stay safe and sober

ReadyAtLast 06-04-2020 03:26 PM

Hi,
Sorry to hear that Listae, glad you got back safely and this really can be your last time.

Basejumper- sorry to hear of your issue at work. It is scary not to remember. Can you look at sent messages or your posts to see what you wrote? I'm assuming she can't block your work email. Maybe email something along the lines of 'I am very sorry for what I said the other evening. I have had some personal issues and had too much to drink, which is no excuse but it is the reason. I apologize for any offence caused. I respect your position and will not contact you again but just wanted you to know i am very ashamed and deeply sorry for any hurt or offence my behaviour caused you. sincerely, Basejumper'. As a female, I would not have an issue if I received an email like that after receiving texts etc. We are all human after all.

Had a good day at work but the AV reared its head driving home. I didn't drink but the thoughts were there.

Hope everyone is getting on ok.
RAL

Dee74 06-04-2020 03:34 PM

welcome listae and birdie :)

D

venuscat 06-04-2020 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by birdie11 (Post 7456272)

Also super-proud of you love. :) :hug: ❤️

Mamatembo 06-04-2020 07:01 PM

Such a good move, birdie! Nice work.

PuckLuck 06-04-2020 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by PuckLuck (Post 7456260)
Cool, good for you. I'm outside with my dog right now just relaxing. Was able to take a little nap.

I swear daily walks had a lot do with me achieving 8 months of sobriety last go around. Really keeps me calm and focused.

Welcome Listae & Birdie :dance1a:

How's everyone doing tonight?

My day 2 was pretty good. I was finally able to take a few little naps, which helped. I have dry eyes from not being able to sleep. Not fun. Other than that I feel fine for the most part. My back and left lung are tender for whatever reason.

Got outside with my dog this afternoon and took him for a walk when the sun went down. Had a nice dinner, played on the computer a bit.

Right now I'm just relaxing in front of the tv with a bowl of popcorn. Might start by sobriety journal later this evening I'd I can't sleep again. I find journaling to be extremely therapeutic in recovery.

Hope everyone else is staying sober and having a good evening :hyper

BASEjumper 06-04-2020 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7456338)
Hi,
Sorry to hear that Listae, glad you got back safely and this really can be your last time.

Basejumper- sorry to hear of your issue at work. It is scary not to remember. Can you look at sent messages or your posts to see what you wrote? I'm assuming she can't block your work email. Maybe email something along the lines of 'I am very sorry for what I said the other evening. I have had some personal issues and had too much to drink, which is no excuse but it is the reason. I apologize for any offence caused. I respect your position and will not contact you again but just wanted you to know i am very ashamed and deeply sorry for any hurt or offence my behaviour caused you. sincerely, Basejumper'. As a female, I would not have an issue if I received an email like that after receiving texts etc. We are all human after all.

Had a good day at work but the AV reared its head driving home. I didn't drink but the thoughts were there.

Hope everyone is getting on ok.
RAL

Thank you Ral, I appreciate that. I'm so glad you didn't drink! I will use that language if it comes to that. I didn't send any messages, but I don't know what I might have commented on as I'm blocked. At this point I just don't know. She asked me for a few work things on Monday then disappeared. At this point I feel like she clearly doesn't want to talk to me, so I'm going to respect her boundaries, and wait to see if I get the chance to find out what happened and apologize.

Day 4 was okay, got lots of exercise. Feels weird counting days after counting years for so long. Starting to feel less lousy.

PuckLuck 06-05-2020 06:19 AM

Good morning all,

Day 3 - I ACTUALLY SLEPT last night :c016:

venuscat 06-05-2020 06:19 AM

YAY!!!! :) :hug: ❤️

PuckLuck 06-05-2020 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7456618)
YAY!!!! :) :hug: ❤️

Yes it felt great! Still battling dry, itchy eyes, but hopefully some benadryl will help. Just made breakfast and took my dog out. Something I never would have done while drinking. Baby steps :cool2:

kopfan 06-05-2020 07:39 AM

Clarity compounds with each consecutive day sober.

Have a great day everyone!

secretchord 06-05-2020 08:51 AM

Day 1 for me.

Hewson1974 06-05-2020 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by secretchord (Post 7456682)
Day 1 for me.

welcome...secretchord

citygirl30 06-05-2020 11:31 AM

Day 5, count me in!
I have been an on and off alcohol abuser since my late teens. Had a year here and there sober, some weeks in between too.
The past year and half I have pretty much drank daily. It was mostly after I was home for the day or out with my very rare drinking, designated driver friend. Never sloppy drunk and before Covid wine-o'clock usually was late enough that I barely drank a half bottle of wine at night. Now, since mid March I have increased to a bottle or more daily along with other various cocktails that I would rarely have by prior. Doorstep delivery of anything you want, wine clubs, local brewery delivery's, Zoom happy hours, Quarentinis, support your local restaurant who now delivers your favorite cocktail in 64 ounce jugs etc... It's a drinker's paradise/worst nightmare! It was all getting out of control. I could feel the effect it was having on my physical/mental well being. Foggy head, weight gain, red face...yuck. I decided enough is enough. Soon enough I won't be able to roll out of bad and log on to remote desktop for work. Soon enough morning head fog won't mix well with staying safe for my morning subway commute, soon enough my work clothes will need to fit again!!
Boxed up all the booze, wine and beer. Told my barely drinker friend to pick up if interested. And here I am feeling better already.
I can't imagine how many people are becoming problem drinkers during this lock-down.

PuckLuck 06-05-2020 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by citygirl30 (Post 7456742)
I can't imagine how many people are becoming problem drinkers during this lock-down.

I absolutely can. Welcome to the group!

secretchord 06-05-2020 11:55 AM

Is there a way to get notifications for subscribed threads? I'm not getting any notifications at all. :(

Abraham 06-05-2020 01:45 PM

Best of luck to all you June 2020 class folk. From the June 2019 class here and still going strong. Life is much better. Take this seriously and never quit again, and enjoy your summer. You will have a year under your belt in no time. It flys by.