Notices

Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 1

Old 06-13-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Pixie. Posting/reading here every day got me past those thoughts.
Not only could I re read my own thoughts, but it was very hard to keep rationalising I'd be ok drinking when I read story after story here.

D
Old 06-13-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Day 2
Old 06-13-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Just barely made it through today. I'll update more tomorrow. But my 16 year old son was bitten by a pitbull late this afternoon while doing his daily run. We've been to the dr, talked to the sheriff's department, etc. He will be ok. But we are all shaken up at the moment.
I hope your son is ok! That is so frightening. It happened to me while I was walking my dog a few months ago. It has really added to my anxiety about leaving the house.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:05 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Hi everyone
Day 3 here and I’m going to do a yoga class via Zoom to get my head in a good place for a sober Saturday
Hello Willow I am doing the same. Meditation and yoga. I have my zen space ready to go.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
thanks start x i have drawn many lines under everytime i have to go to day 1 again. I got some good news at least from daughter. they are going to take her in on sunday and when bed is avialable is they will induce her early as consultant agrees that pyhsicaly and mentaly she cant go on, its only week early.

good to see some more new members x i wish i was allergic to alcohol and hangovers.x
Congratulations!
Old 06-13-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Pixie love ~ as Dee said, it doesn't have to be graceful.....we just need to get through the day sober.
So hang on tight....hang out here, maybe have a look at some recovery books.....talk to us at 3pm when your head is going to lie to you again....

We know it is lies....well, we know if we drink again tomorrow is not looking good....the only magic I know is playing the tape forward, and seeing tomorrow morning bringing pride and no hangover. Knowing how good that is going to feel. And going for that goal....going for it with everything we've got. ❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 06:23 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

14 days, 1 hour, 45 minutes.
Stupid cravings still come and go. I keep reminding myself of when I quit smoking. Eventually it won't be an issue but for now my mind keeps reminding me I haven't had a drink but my body is also reminding me I haven't. My sleeping is getting a bit better every day. Blood pressure normalizing.
Here is to another sober Saturday.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

2 weeks is sensational love. Well done you!! xx ❤️❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Day 1. I'm not giving up, although it has been tough for me since I picked up 12 days ago. All is not lost. I was establishing a healthy routine and I'm now going back to that easier. But I just have to stop bullsh*&*&*% my way out of things. I have lied to so may people about my drinking; I lied to my job, then lost my job; I just lied and lied so much that I'm always bulls&%&%& myself to find a way; to "another drink is okay" or "I'm fine now" or "I feel fine." NO BULLS%$%$% today. I have to be honest.

I also have to stop talking to the ghosts in my head. MY MAIN TRIGGER. The past is the past.

So, I read this daily reflection: I need to hear the voice and wisdom of sobriety to stay sober. Here it is:

The PAST Is Over:

"Whatever is done is over. It cannot be changed. But my attitude can be changed through talking with those who have gone before and with sponsors. I can wish the past never was, but if I cannot change my actions in regard to what I have done, my attitude will change. I won't have to wish the past away. I can change my feelings and attitudes, but only through my actions and the help of my fellow alcoholics."

TODAY. SOBER. TODAY. SOBER.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

My house is such a mess since I picked up; it's a real downer. My clothes smell; my mind is not one hundred percent. I gained back the weight that I lost; I have scars and scrapes all over my body. When I binge, then I hemorrhage money.

So, today I will start to pick up the pieces. I will eat and plan my next meal before I devolve into drunken chaos. I will not let fear and constant rumination hold me back. I will not.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

listae, listae, listae - I hear you! I could have written both of your last messages on Tuesday. Wearing the clothes I'd been wearing for days, brain like a sieve, stomach bulging, bank account empty.

Since moving to this town I've got and lost 4 jobs through drinking - 1 I was sacked from, the other two I went on long term sick and then left because I'd rather drink.

I also have to remind myself the past is the past and it can not be changed.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 weeks Willow2020
Old 06-13-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Well I was trying to keep a positive vibe in our group, then a heap of crap descended on me. I tried to stay strong, but failed. Having drinks now and not even enjoying it. Disappointing that I gave in again. It hurts. So over it. I feel like cutting everyone away and just sinking myself into this ****** life. At least I would be on my own and not be hurting others
Old 06-13-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by listae View Post
My house is such a mess since I picked up; it's a real downer. My clothes smell; my mind is not one hundred percent. I gained back the weight that I lost; I have scars and scrapes all over my body. When I binge, then I hemorrhage money.

So, today I will start to pick up the pieces. I will eat and plan my next meal before I devolve into drunken chaos. I will not let fear and constant rumination hold me back. I will not.
listae honey....first things first. You can't clean up everything at once. s

First you....or maybe one load of laundry so there are some clean clothes, and something to eat and water, then a shower.
If all that gets cleaned up today is you, that is a HUGE win.

We are both AAers....so I am going to use a bit of AA speak here honey....easy does it. One hour at a time. Keep it Simple.
Let us get through this one day together.....I am with you all the way. s ❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redfalcon View Post
Well I was trying to keep a positive vibe in our group, then a heap of crap descended on me. I tried to stay strong, but failed. Having drinks now and not even enjoying it. Disappointing that I gave in again. It hurts. So over it. I feel like cutting everyone away and just sinking myself into this ****** life. At least I would be on my own and not be hurting others
That sounds like the alcohol talking dear redfalcon, not you at all. s
It must be pretty late there love.....how about a big glass of water and hitting the hay.... s xx ❤️
Old 06-13-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Coffee Snob

I hate my life and myself.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

PuckLuck, I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Anything you would like to talk out with us?
Old 06-13-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your concern about my son. He is very sore today, bruised from the power of the dogs jaw. The teeth cuts are still oozing a bit, but look better than they did fresh. We got antibiotics this morning after a run around from the pharmacy. Waiting on a call back from the sherriffs office about the standing of the dog and his vaccination record (if he has one).

Super glad to be sober through it all. No thoughts of drinking today, thank goodness for small miracles.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by redfalcon View Post
It takes real effort not to drink.I had to force myself to come here a few times in the early days because I knew if I didn't I'd stay sober,
Its worth the effort redfalcon

If you want to tak about it PuckLuck you've got a thread full of sympathetic ears

congrats on 2 weeks Willow2020

D
Old 06-13-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Thank you all for your concern about my son. He is very sore today, bruised from the power of the dogs jaw. The teeth cuts are still oozing a bit, but look better than they did fresh. We got antibiotics this morning after a run around from the pharmacy. Waiting on a call back from the sherriffs office about the standing of the dog and his vaccination record (if he has one).

Super glad to be sober through it all. No thoughts of drinking today, thank goodness for small miracles.
Hey honey....this is a bit of a personal post....you and I are close friends.....I am just needing to be about me for a sec and say that I didn't respond to your son getting bitten because of a really hard thing that happened to me when I accidentally got bitten....anyway....I still lose it when it comes to mind....but of course I am glad that your son will be ok. I know the trauma lasts for a while. Lots of hugs. ❤️