Notices

Class of May 2020 Part 3

Old 05-25-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
If I may ask Coz, what did your doc prescribe? Thanks.
Hope
Hi Hope
I got some Naltrexone to reduce cravings and Diazepam (a benzo which I think is a re-branded valium). There are a few different meds out there which can help get through that first week of withdrawal so worth seeing what your doctor recommends for you. I was also very cautious about not getting addicted to benzo, so only took them in the evening for five days and then stopped.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by HopefulYear777 View Post
I'm happy to say that I'm at the 36 hour point. My blood pressure is still up a bit. I was hoping it would have gone done by now since obviously the alcohol is out of my system at this point. Hoping I don't have to take extra medication today for it.
Hope - I think it will take more than 36 hours for the alcohol to leave your system. Literature pretty much says 5 days for alcohol to be out of your system - but I guess everyone's metabolism is different.
My blood pressure started to go down on day 4 and by day 6 is was getting close to normal. At day 18 here, I am back to very normal blood pressure.
Hope it goes down soon for you!
Old 05-25-2020, 01:54 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joe787 View Post
Day 4. Had a long round of benders this past couple of months. It sucks because you always get out of them with the same messes you were putting off before. But I'm feeling better. I'll take care of some of these messes and go for a walk.
Welcome back Joe! s xx ❤️
Old 05-25-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi everyone. So many new posts on this thread while I was sleeping - it is challenging keeping up.

Welcome (or welcome back) John, Listae, Joe, Erratic and Jewel.

Congrats to all on your personal milestones - it is so rewarding having the number of days increasing - keep it up!

Congrats Citrus and Berony for resisting AV's holiday temptations.

Fallow - I had the same from my hubby as I couldn't quite explain to him why I needed to give up alcohol completely and used the 'having a dry February', then 'I feel better not drinking, so I'll stick with it for longer'. It was OK, but then I blew it with 'I really need a drink today, can you please pop down to the shop and buy a couple of bottles of wine?'. So this time around, after a pretty messy relapse, I have told him that I struggle too much with drinking and I don't get anything done, so going to give it up. I've still avoided the "I'm an alcoholic" line.

Splash - for me, days 1 to 3 were a physical nightmare and days 4 to 6 were an emotional nightmare. The emotional stuff and moodiness continues, but I found that first week to be really challenging. I hope it improves for you in a couple of days.

Hope - I so relate to the throwing away the far too many bottles. I use to put some in the recycle bin, then cover them up with newspapers and tins, and then just put a couple on top of that. I am pretty sure I was only fooling myself.

Venus - thoughts and cyber hugs coming your way. Thinking of you and only wish I could fix everyone's problems.

Day 18 - plan today is to paint the stove, outdoor table and some lattice work - and to get a bit further with the deck building.

Take care everyone.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Coz ~ you are wonderful love. Big time. I can hear how well you are doing.
And you are an incredible support to everyone. Taking the hugs. Thank you xx ❤️
Old 05-25-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Thank you Coz. I had to take an extra 1/2 BP pill today because it was up. I can take up to 1 full extra a day per the doctors script. Hoping I don't need the other 1/2 today. I feel better. It went down and has stayed normal for the past couple of hours. I felt good enough to do a 20 minute yoga class that I cast to my TV so that was nice. I dusted a bit too. But otherwise I'm taking it easy.
Been drinking as much water, tea and splurging on LaCroix. I figure I need as much liquid as possible to flush these toxins out.
Right now I'm just past the 42 hour mark. It's crazy how you count hours at this stage of the game.
Take care all.
Hope
Old 05-25-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Coz

Oh yes - I counted hours for the first three days, then went to half days!
I drink so much water now. About 4 litres a day. I hope it is flushing my system well. Down side is that I need to get up a couple of times a night to go to the loo! I might have to slow the water intake in the evenings one day, but I can't yet - it is when I drank the most, so I still need that glass in my hand in the evening (but happy that it is water and not wine/vodka).

A morning magic moment just then. I went out for my morning coffee and ciggy on the half built deck and along hopped a little family of kangaroos. One of the gals has a little joey in her pouch. They are here often, but I am only just learning how to really appreciate the special moments and smile at the good things that happen in life.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Ontario Place was awesome! I had a girlfriend who worked the log-ride as a student in the summer. Even kids today would have loved it!
The Wilderness Adventure Ride!!! Wow. I put a lot of miles on that ride. With my dad working there, I'd often roam the park free all summer basically and I'd "skip" lines everywhere because all the ride operators would recognize me and set me up with by-passes to the lines. LOL. Those were the days
Old 05-25-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Oh squooge.....joeys......how incredible Coz love.

And I still drink 3+ litres of water a day and I get up at least twice every night.....doesn't bother me at all. xx
Old 05-25-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dig12 View Post
The Wilderness Adventure Ride!!! Wow. I put a lot of miles on that ride. With my dad working there, I'd often roam the park free all summer basically and I'd "skip" lines everywhere because all the ride operators would recognize me and set me up with by-passes to the lines. LOL. Those were the days
So much nostalgia. I was a kid during it's heyday in 80's. I would destroy those little brats on the bumper boats today as an adult haha
Old 05-25-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Coz ~ I grew up in Phillip Island with koalas in our trees in front of the house, cows across the road and kookaburras galore.
My best fun was scaring visiting friends when the koalas snorted.....I would scream "wild pigs, run!" He he....I was about 12. s xxxxxxx
Old 05-25-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I had a nap and then took a walk with the yongest. We had to come in because it started to storm. But the rain is perfect right now. ❤

Old 05-25-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Coz

Suze - what a nice place to grow up in!! I have only been there once - loved the penguins and seals, and the coastline is pretty special. My background is in wildlife ecology, so I have a bit of a love for the natural environment.

One day, when I learn how to up load photos, I'll post a few of where I live. It is an acre block with the back mostly native trees with a lovely little creek complete with waterfall (when there has been a bit of rain). We are thinking about calling it kookaburra corner - loads of them here. My native bird list is up to 45 species so far - but only been here a few months, so I'm sure it will grow. No koalas , but lots of wildlife. We even have a resident carpet snake - which occasionally makes me jump when I find him in unexpected places. Last time I found him, he fell out of the tree I was next to and landed at my feet!

Old 05-25-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

lmao on the carpet snake......I encountered many of them growing up.
And how wonderful that your background is in wildlife ecology....super cool.

And yes, I forgot abut the seals, sea lions and penguins....I had them (the penguins) crawling over my legs on the penguin beach as a kid.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Oh Citrus honey....just now seeing that pic.....going to keep it. It is sensational. xx
Old 05-25-2020, 05:54 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, glad you like it! I thought it was kind of cool looking.

I am now to the point of being very, very happy I stayed sober.

Coz, I hope you learn to upload pics soon! I can't wait to see. It sounds lovely.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:09 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

WL how are you feeling today?
Sorry if you already told us and I missed it.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Off to bed...love and goodnight. s ❤️
Old 05-25-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome John Listae and Joe - and anyone I may have forgotten - it was a few pages I had to read

Congrats to everyone on their milestones

D
Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Nice picture Citrus. We had rain for the first time in forever today and I was so thankful. All our plants needed it so much. I'm looking at it as a cleansing - like the one I'm going through.