Notices

Class of March 2020 Part 5

Old 05-23-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good to hear dear Tink. Hope the movie is awesome. s ❤️
Old 05-23-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thanks venus not sure what to watch yet, be up to my little one so probably super hero theme.
It's funny we think we drink to relax, yet real relaxation is now, being sober and content. I actually feel myself having moments of positivity about the future now too, not just feeling doom and glom. Healing i guess.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:55 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi, just checking in on Saturday. Three day weekend here in the States so going to try and relax. Yes Tink I agree, much more relaxing now, especially in the morning where I used to feel awful. Ran this morning in awful humidity and wasn’t properly hydrated. Not sure how I did it when I was drinking.

Billy, good to hear from you. I’ve never worked night shift so can’t feel your pain. I did have a friend who changed shifts every month which he said was very hard on your sleep.

BE, I bet your breakfast was yummy. My daughter has always liked to cook and is probably better at it than me now, but she learned from the best, lol. I hardly ever follow recipes so I like to experiment. My wife likes my cooking so I must be doing something right.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Tink honey.....you put a big smile on my face. I love that you are feeling like you are healing now.

So....my husband was going to be the cook in our house, but I cannot eat anything he makes. So ha ha.
He gets my Aussie-style meals at least 5 nights/wk.
And loves them.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Billy M, nice to hear from you...I knew you'd come back, it's your shifts that mean you don't post for a few days!

Tink I agree about relaxing. I feel SO much more relaxed right now.

And Bilr, my dads main advice for me (seriously, this is it!) when I started work: first time you make a cup of tea make a horrible brew...they'll never ask you again. Maybe like your cooking...

Im having fleeting idealised thoughts of drinking in the future...it's taken 85 days for my AV to wake up. It's not bothering me as the chance of me drinking today are absolutely zero.

Had a great chat with this chap about his separation and divorce, he was really helpful. Gives me something to work from.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
Hi Billy M, nice to hear from you...I knew you'd come back, it's your shifts that mean you don't post for a few days!

Tink I agree about relaxing. I feel SO much more relaxed right now.

And Bilr, my dads main advice for me (seriously, this is it!) when I started work: first time you make a cup of tea make a horrible brew...they'll never ask you again. Maybe like your cooking...

Im having fleeting idealised thoughts of drinking in the future...it's taken 85 days for my AV to wake up. It's not bothering me as the chance of me drinking today are absolutely zero.

Had a great chat with this chap about his separation and divorce, he was really helpful. Gives me something to work from.
I wonder if it matters about idealised thoughts about drinking when you're looking at those thoughts and essentially having a plan for the now i. e I do not want to drink today? Sounds healthy and human. We're only 3 months ish in right (which is awesome in itself) so years of hearing AV, even if we're not listening probably takes some undoing long term perhaps?
Probably rambling here haha....
Hope everyone is having a fabulous evening x
Old 05-23-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Thanks venus not sure what to watch yet, be up to my little one so probably super hero theme.
It's funny we think we drink to relax, yet real relaxation is now, being sober and content. I actually feel myself having moments of positivity about the future now too, not just feeling doom and glom. Healing i guess.
What did you watch in the end? x
Old 05-23-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bilr44 View Post
Hi, just checking in on Saturday. Three day weekend here in the States so going to try and relax. Yes Tink I agree, much more relaxing now, especially in the morning where I used to feel awful. Ran this morning in awful humidity and wasn’t properly hydrated. Not sure how I did it when I was drinking.

Billy, good to hear from you. I’ve never worked night shift so can’t feel your pain. I did have a friend who changed shifts every month which he said was very hard on your sleep.

BE, I bet your breakfast was yummy. My daughter has always liked to cook and is probably better at it than me now, but she learned from the best, lol. I hardly ever follow recipes so I like to experiment. My wife likes my cooking so I must be doing something right.
Combination of days and nights, constantly - my circadian rhythms will never recover I imagine 🤣
Old 05-23-2020, 02:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

BTW I just love this, I' m so glad your feeling this, I kind of feel that prior to stopping drinking that I'd only have these occasional moments of clarity where I'd really realise the joy that just being alive could bring but I just didn't feel that way the majority of the time. I'm thinking now that the missing link for me was definitely sobriety x
Old 05-23-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I think it is still thoughts verses cravings Be, like we were talking about..... s ❤️
Old 05-23-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Billymacintosh View Post
What did you watch in the end? x
we went classic disney with pinocchio !!
Old 05-23-2020, 02:58 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

we went classic disney with pinocchio !!
Nice, I love that story x
Old 05-23-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thoughts are thoughts, and separate from actions. Or as Bob Dylan once wrote, “if my thought dreams could be seen, they’d probably put my head in a guillotine.” If it wasn’t for some crazy thoughts, some of the best art would never have been created. It sucks that our brain chemistry is in the percentage of people who get addicted easier, but it is what it is. The best thing we can do is forgive ourselves because it is a disease, but we do have control, even if it is very hard sometimes.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:24 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning all. I hugged a tree this morning on my daily walk..think that may be proof I've completely lost my marbles. But I was being mindful and was looking at these trees and I wanted to touch them to see how they felt and one thing led to another...

Hahahahahabahahaha. 'One thing led to another'...this is how things really deteriorate.

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-24-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Ha ha Be, was it a good hug ? I'm going for a walk now might give it a try, my little boy will defo think I'm an embarrassing mam !!

Ive made day 70 today, 10 whole weeks, pleased I've stuck it out as only just beginning to feel real changes.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Ha ha Be, was it a good hug ? I'm going for a walk now might give it a try, my little boy will defo think I'm an embarrassing mam !!

Ive made day 70 today, 10 whole weeks, pleased I've stuck it out as only just beginning to feel real changes.
Congratulations on ten weeks! That's amazing, such good work. Keep going!

Old 05-24-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congrats love!!!! That is wonderful. ❤️

Everyone needs to hug a tree....you could start a trend dear Be..... ❤️

Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congrats Tink on 10 weeks, that is great work. Now go hug a tree, lol.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Bil ❤️
Old 05-24-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Smile

Good Morning Suze, enjoy your Sunday. Hopefully the weather is better where you are at. Looks like rain the whole week here. At least thunderstorms and not the whole day.